Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Kennedy registry set owners

WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just noticed this afternoon that the Kennedy registered sets have had a major set "Retired". The Whitlock Collection has been retired and this leaves me with both sadness :( and happiness :). My sadness is that this set might be broken up and placed into auctions. This set contained many, many of the top populations #1 of #'s. I hope that they have been donated to some type of museum. Many sets are now changing in their rankings. My happiness is that mine have increased in ranking ( one of mine going from a #5 to a #4 ) in "Current Finest Ranking". :)B)

Kennedys are my quest...

Comments

• Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 8:54AM

It appear the Whitlock Collection was purchase by D. L. Hnasen. About 49 of the Whitlock coins have been updated in the Hansen Collection. It is now ATF set. I guess in some ways, it was not split up.

My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Currin said:
    It appear the Whitlock Collection was purchase by D. L. Hnasen. About 49 of the Whitlock coins have been updated in the Hansen Collection. It is now ATF set. I guess in some ways, it was not split up.

Thanks for the update @Currin.

• Options

Thanks to all for the updated information.
    I wonder if Hansen will now sell / auction off the coins not going into his set(s). I will keep a look out at Heritage and Great collections and of course Ebay. Maybe I can get an upgrade from this great set.
    @wondecoin you might find those 18 p and d coins in the ms67 grades you were looking for.

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    CurrinCurrin Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure what he will do with duplicates. In many cases, he have 2nd sets. I don't remember him starting any duplicate sets for Kennedys. If he does, and places the coins in those sets, then they may not be available for awhile. Only time will tell.

My 20th Century Type Set, With Type Variations---started : 9/22/1997 ---- completed : 1/7/2004

My 20th Century Gold Major Design Type Set ---started : 11/17/1997 ---- completed : 1/21/2004
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:
    Thanks to all for the updated information.
    I wonder if Hansen will now sell / auction off the coins not going into his set(s). I will keep a look out at Heritage and Great collections and of course Ebay. Maybe I can get an upgrade from this great set.
    @wondecoin you might find those 18 p and d coins in the ms67 grades you were looking for.

I would ask John at DLRC, since that is who has partnered with Hansen.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are Kennedy’s up for sale/auction at DLRC.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    There are Kennedy’s up for sale/auction at DLRC.

I didn't see any of the higher ms grades that I need but will keep checking them out. Thanks.

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always been partial to this registry too.

peacockcoins

• Options
    smalltimesmalltime Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

Guess I am stuck at about #7 or 8. Need to spend some big bucks to acquire coins good enough to move my ranking up. Would be nice if I could luck into something that would upgrade me.. Still looking..