Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Hank Aaron '54 Topps card

I would appreciate any feedback on whether this card is authentic or an old reprint? Thanks for taking a look. The card stock is solid but bottom corners seem off but I am far from an expert.

Tagged:

Comments

• Looks good to me

• Real... If that's a reprint, we're all in trouble.

DesertIceSports.Com

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

looks good nice

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • 1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭

Looks legit... nice card.

• GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

The only thing that is suspicious is that it’s not already in a holder.

• Thank you all for the comments. Much appreciated. That was my worry. If you're confident it's authentic why not get it graded and sell for way more?

• I also read this article and contacted Andy. He said he wasnt able to tell w/o having in hand under a light.
    http://www.andybroome.com/?p=305

• 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

What about the card has you concerned about its authenticity?

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • That it wasnt graded

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as it's legit, that looks like a perfect example to get autographed. Presents very nicely, but not a high grade gem. Something to consider...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

having not handled the card, it sure looks authentic to me.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• Wondering if any of you bid on the card? The day after I posted it suddenly got bids so just curious.

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just looked at the listing. A couple of things stand out. The seller is selling other graded cards so that begs the question of why is this one not graded? If I was bidding on this card I would message him and ask if the card is original or a reprint. The fact that he does not offer returns is alarming as well.

The only thing that concerns me about the look of the card is that the top corners show very little wear and tear compared to the bottom corners. On first glance card looks to be original but I would really like to hear the story behind the card since the seller does not offer returns. My guess is the card has been altered (if it is original) that is why it is not in a holder. The only way I would bid this card would be if the seller had a convincing story. Good luck if you win it.

• @JBrules said:
    Just looked at the listing. A couple of things stand out. The seller is selling other graded cards so that begs the question of why is this one not graded? If I was bidding on this card I would message him and ask if the card is original or a reprint. The fact that he does not offer returns is alarming as well.

The only thing that concerns me about the look of the card is that the top corners show very little wear and tear compared to the bottom corners. On first glance card looks to be original but I would really like to hear the story behind the card since the seller does not offer returns. My guess is the card has been altered (if it is original) that is why it is not in a holder. The only way I would bid this card would be if the seller had a convincing story. Good luck if you win it.

Thanks for your take. I agree doesnt feel right. Though I've prob passed on some good deals out of caution.