Home U.S. Coin Forum

One step closer to having more hobby money.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

My youngest son received his college diploma yesterday. A BS degree from a a very good college. No more tuition payments. Hopefully in the fall he will be employed and self sufficient.

Comments

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! It must be a great feeling for both you and your son!

(I have two teenage sons with college ahead of them so they'll remain on the payroll for some time to come...)

Smitten with DBLCs.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII

Congrats! You have reached a fabulous milestone as a parent. Educated your young ones.

Your done with your young ones and now it’s over... ... ...surprise Dad! Here’s your grandchild! :o:D

Enjoy them kids! :)

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no better feeling in the world. I did that with both my son and daughter. Yes you’ll be primed to sink some cash into what you love.
    A HUGE congratulations my good friend and brother 👍🏻👌🏻

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • ParlousJoeParlousJoe Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

Congratulations Sanctionll and congrats to your son, a job well done! Once you stop having to pay for college tuition and board and housing, it is like hitting the lottery. lol

I remember how nice it was when my daughter finished undergrad a couple of years ago and it did seem like I hit a small lottery each month. She is now in grad school going to be an Oral Surgeon someday and I can't wait for her to get finished up so she finally will start making the bucks instead of always putting them out!

Anyhow, Congrats again, spend your new found wealth wisely each month. lol

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's good but he's still spending your money while he's unemployed. Hope he got a degree in a field that hires real people.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats. Hope that works out for you. Something always seems to come up, but hopefully you will be posting some great newps soon.

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine are 8, 13, and 15 so I have a few years left for buying coins :)

• DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats!!
    Our daughter got 2 B.S. degrees, then decided to get a Masters. Bless her heart, she did it all on her own.

When in doubt, don't.
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! ! I have one that's a freshman in college and another that I'm just trying to get through high school and maybe trade school!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • NicNic Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    My youngest son received his college diploma yesterday. A BS degree from a a very good college. No more tuition payments. Hopefully in the fall he will be employed and self sufficient.

What about post graduate and doctorate school? -)

My son will start college in fall. Good for you!

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Dad!!

Remember money isn't everything but it does keep the kids in touch.

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2019 10:26PM

Good luck as most my all friends ex good college adult children seem to have moved back home to become cellar dwellers until they turn 30.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations.... I hope it is a good degree.... I have seen so many job applicants (just out of college) with degrees (that they are proud of) and zero experience, that have no relation to positions they apply for...so many believe the degree qualifies them for management or some high position.... Welcome to reality. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file