Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Old Used Coin Boards

1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coming up in an auction. BUY BUY BUY or take the pass option?

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown

Comments

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a specialty area and takes up space, but if you like them go for it. Check out coincollectingboards.com or David Lange's book. I have bunches of old albums but haven't gotten into the boards.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are cool. someone put some time into them. I like the reference to 1922-D "Broken D", first time I have see that.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mapes estate auction?

What is their estimated price range?

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Smudge said:
    Depends on the price.

and if you can see in person to determine how many have been cleaned and in correct places.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    Mapes estate auction?

What is their estimated price range?

No idea.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

All depends on the price. AFAIK, most of the folks who collect the boards go for condition, If you collect boards, you'll need Lang's book. As with coin, condition and rarity rule.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

The boards look beat up and probably won't have much appeal to coin board collectors. The coins themselves may have some value but I would only be interested if they were going very cheap.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 9:08AM

I love stuff like this, but agree that the conditions of the boards are not great. A lot of the V nickels and barber dimes look like slicks.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the V Nickel set has the 6th known 1913. ;)

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends. Do you WANT, WANT, WANT?

thefinn
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

the buffalo nickel board has a couple that look nice, but you can't tell how many have acid etched dates from pics.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would possibly be a buyer for some if I could personally evaluate them....just nice to grab a series complete or almost complete set that one might otherwise not attempt. Even worn coins need love.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends. Do you WANT, WANT, WANT?

thefinn
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very kool to collect these, since I have a few of them myself.

• Options
    kbbpllkbbpll Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭

Morgan dime? Was the board manufacturer just confused? Or did people actually call them "Morgan dimes" way back when for some odd reason?

• Options

@kbbpll said:
    Morgan dime? Was the board manufacturer just confused? Or did people actually call them "Morgan dimes" way back when for some odd reason?

I'm going to go with the printer/designer made a mistake. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file