Home U.S. Coin Forum

1888 indian head

If you can please review the photos and let me know if you see an OVD? Some oddities here

Answers

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019 10:41AM

Hi, Welcome to school. I say school because you'll be taught in many areas. Such as, in ethics, manners and in business. Don't be a stranger and post whenever you have a question. Hope you learn a few things and most importantly, have FUN!
    Your first post and question is a good one. That coin is one of the most sought after Indian in the series. The 1888/7. You need to magnify the last digit 8 to see if you have the king of the Indians. Good Luck in the future and I hope you do have the Key variety.$$$

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019 10:33AM

No.

Compare placement of the 1

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• I see anomalies in the last 2 digits. The denticles are what throws me

• I did check the placement of the date and am aware they are correct not off by 1/2 denticle

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019 10:48AM

It's not the 88/7 but could be one of the other desirable snow varieties.

Been awhile since I looked and my memory is not up to date on the other rpd's pups

PCGS has the FS numbers and Google is your friend

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chompinatthebit.... Welcome aboard.... It does not appear (based on the pictures) that you have the overdate.... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file