Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another bay fraudulent return warning.

Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold a Pcgs coin in February. 20 days after delivery customer changes their mind on a No return item.
Filed return claim w eBaybedore contacting me, claim denied. I sent messages offering an exchange or buy back in a few weeks. A few message back and forth then Customer asked for Pcgs coins worth DOUBLE purchase price, when none available they filed “not as described through PayPal.
I am really getting tired of all the fraudulent claims shysters use to abuse sellers. I am a collector, not a dealer. Some people have no couth. I really hope Paypal seller Protection kicks in.
Buyer has been blocked.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

All you can do is block and move on. Don't spend time worrying about it.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    dan_marinellidan_marinelli Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

Who 'da buyer so I can add to my blocked list?

Successful transactions here and ATS with: jwitten, Rob41281, bajjerfan, cucamongacoin, Jim F., physics-fan3.14, x2rider, Wahoo554, Weather11am, Relaxn, jimineez1, Ronyahski, Bliggity, SurfinxHI, McGrump (thru BAJJERFAN), ms71, Downtown1974, ad4400

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

@segoja said:
    you should know by now there is no such thing as no returns on e-bay

THIS!

I have been posting this on this forum for a year. I'm not sure why anyone thinks that such a policy exists, especially if you are accepting PayPal. You have to be cash only to have a non-reversible transaction.

Welcome to the life of a dealer. You are NOT just a collector if you sell even a single coin in a retail environment.

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Wow,you should play the lotto!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    davids5104davids5104 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

I am now listed as a power seller on ebay. Not sure what it means, but I have been blessed with the returns or lack of. Do you guys think return abuse is less at lower price points for coins? My coins for the most part are all below 150 bucks with a few exceptions.

[Ebay Store - Come Visit]

Roosevelt Registry

transactions with cucamongacoin, FHC, mtinis, bigjpst, Rob41281, toyz4geo, erwindoc, add your name here!!!

• Options
    ilmcoinsilmcoins Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭

@davids5104 said:
    I am now listed as a power seller on ebay. Not sure what it means, but I have been blessed with the returns or lack of. Do you guys think return abuse is less at lower price points for coins? My coins for the most part are all below 150 bucks with a few exceptions.

I have the most issues with the lower priced coins. Seems when someone pays $500+ (and the coin was described properly) there is never an issue.

• Options

@davids5104 said:

I sell 2500-3000 items per year an I get 2 or 3 returns. Returns are not an issue in my experience.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 9:04PM

@FiveaDime said:

Both seller and buyers need the ebay protection, think it's backed up by Paypal. I've only returned 3 items in
    4,5 years out of hundreds purchased. Here's a detailed description of the return. I was surprised not to have
    to pay for the return shipping charges. I would have much rather received a coin that mated the sellers photo
    which was extremely "Juiced".

Details
    Mar 18
    Return item delivered
    Mar 18
    Refund received
    Purchase price$48.76
    Original shipping$3.25
    Total refund$52.01
    Refunded to Original payment method
    Mar 12
    Return item shipped
    Mar 7
    Return started
    Reason

Doesn't match description or photos

Details

I bought the coin because of the intense gold toning depicted in the sellers photo are "Juiced" IMO.. When I received the coin, I was quite disappointed for it had nowhere near the gold tones depicted in the sellers photos. It is a generic example tone wise, more of a silver nickel color with a hint of brass. Showed it to my friends and they agree. I already have a couple like this in high grades and would rather spend my money on a coin I can enjoy.

Mar 7
    Delivered
    Mar 3
    Item purchased

H, Inc. sent you a refund of $52.01 USD

Hello, Peter long

PayPal

H, Inc. refunded $52.01 USD from your purchase on March 3, 2019.
    $52.01 USD has been refunded to your bank account ending in 6959. It may take a few days to appear on your statement.
    Your refund summary
    Transaction ID: 0VV089BL300483M March 18, 2019 10:04:28 AM PDT
    Total purchase amount $52.01 USD
    Amount refunded $52.01 USD
    Refund paid by
    H, Inc.

info@-coin.com

Refund paid to
    ME!!

Interesting.

“Peter Long” was the same name in the thread by Apollo3/Columbian312/elemint who was recently bammed.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1016295/my-1991-s-pr70-mt-rushmore-was-purchased-for-the-least-amount-listed-on-pcgs-auction-listings

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12274497/#Comment_12274497

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting nothing gets by you!!!! :o:o:o

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why you're upset. "Peter Long" is right in the middle of your post. Hemispherical was just repeating your post.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not a volume buyer on ebay, but have bought items over the last 20+ years. I have never returned a product....all have been as described and well represented by pictures. (some coins, many other things.) I read many posts here about problems in both directions...Perhaps it has to do with volume... just glad my transactions have gone well. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:

Interesting nothing gets by you!!!! :o:o:o

It was interesting. What jumped out was the name and how both times it was in reference to a purchase. Pics of the other post (the first link above).

• Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sold a pcgs MS64 St Gauden on E-Bay. The seller had an ok but rather small feedback rating.

After receiving the coin, I was notified by E-Bay that the seller wanted to return the coin since it looked like a counterfeit.
    On E-Bay I am willing to take back anything I sell as long as the case is not tampered with. The return was made and I returned his money promptly.

When I received the coin back I checked my records and noted that the coin was purchased from one of the larger E-Bay sellers and looked good to me.

In general, I have had good experiences selling through E-Bay. I am just trying to illustrate that buyers on E-Bay can also be a problem.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jkrk said:
    I sold a pcgs MS64 St Gauden on E-Bay. The seller had an ok but rather small feedback rating.

After receiving the coin, I was notified by E-Bay that the seller wanted to return the coin since it looked like a counterfeit.
    On E-Bay I am willing to take back anything I sell as long as the case is not tampered with. The return was made and I returned his money promptly.

When I received the coin back I checked my records and noted that the coin was purchased from one of the larger E-Bay sellers and looked good to me.

In general, I have had good experiences selling through E-Bay. I am just trying to illustrate that buyers on E-Bay can also be a problem.

You wonder why an experienced buyer would do something like that? It's not right, and if you are a top rated seller you have to pay for the return too.

Since you are going to pay a minimum of around 10% selling on ebay which is a lot with a $1K plus coin, why not sell it on the BST or call up wholesale buyers? You will do better.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paying for FREE returns is an option and gives you higher discount for top rated seller.

Some 'experienced buyers' are getting free approval service if free returns. eBay no longer allows restocking fees.

The 13% + selling fees (eBay and PAYPAL) on returns are deducted, but shipping costs eaten by seller. If this was retail where many mark-ups are double, it would not be an issue. On ebay, most auctions go for wholesale.

• Options

@davids5104 said:

I sell 2500-3000 items per year an I get 2 or 3 returns. Returns are not an issue in my experience.

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

Assuming you didn't used any stock MS64 pictures, I think the buyer just has buyer's remorse upon receiving the coin. Was surprised you didn't pursuit the claim a bit further. Thinking the coin is a counterfeit just doesn't hold water as it was slabbed by PCGS.

• Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:
    Assuming you didn't used any stock MS64 pictures, I think the buyer just has buyer's remorse upon receiving the coin. Was surprised you didn't pursuit the claim a bit further. Thinking the coin is a counterfeit just doesn't hold water as it was slabbed by PCGS.

Yes, the picture was of the actual coin. Whenever I sell a coin, I am willing to take back the coin with no resistance. If it happens too often then I would change my policy.

My point is that buyers can also be a problem as buyers remorse kicks in.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:

A word of caution, a pcgs slab or any other is not immune to “not authentic “ claims. A customer hit me with one of those a month or two ago, on a ms66 1938 Nickel they say they need evidence to prove authenticity, like mailing eBay the returned slab for verification, and even then representatives said the effort could be futile.
    Buyers remorse, while understandable at times, is not a valid reason to breach the “eBay contract” yet dishonest buyers, at times, find other ways.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file