Home Metal Detecting

Old Belt Buckle???

Found what looks like a broken belt buckle at a park that was an old farm at one time. Any thoughts

Comments

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was about 20 ft from the buckle (?)

• My first guess would be a belt buckle too.Is there evidence of mounting on the reverse? Cool find!!

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is interesting... and it does look like part of a belt buckle - the oval shape is indicative. Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me thinks it's a breastplate. Or an emblem that was on a leather ammo pouch. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• CCDAMEEKCCDAMEEK Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

I don't think it is a belt buckle due to the position of the image of the Raven or Black bird(?), which puts the oval shape as shown in photo. Never seen a buckle with the oval shape positioned vertically. Also, lower left of the bird, there appears to be the top of a shield with a single star at the top center point. Could this be a revolutionary or civil war division emblem of some sort? Shields are symbolic of military or government, yes?

Oh how I LOVE this hobby!

Freedom isn't free, we must protect it. Many Thanks to all those in the U.S. Military and Law Enforcement, past and present, for taking lead in that fight.

Current equipment: Whites DFX 300; Tesoro Tiger Shark; Minelab CTX 3030.
    Pin-ponters: Garrett Propointer AT; Minelab Pro Find 35