Ichiro to announce retirement today

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

1972 Total bases

Allen 305
    Carew 203

LOL THAT! ;-)

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    1972 Total bases

Allen 305
    Carew 203

LOL THAT! ;-)

It's worse than even that makes it appear; if you add their walks, Allen's lead of 102 grows to 158.

Bill James' list of the most valuable players, excluding pitchers, in the AL in 1972:

1 Dick Allen
    2 Bobby Murcer
    3 Carlton Fisk
    4t Carlos May
    4t Joe Rudi
    6t John Mayberry
    6t Mike Epstein
    8t Reggie Smith
    8t Roy White
    8t Reggie Jackson
    11 Tommy Harper
    12t Bobby Grich
    12t Sal Bando
    14t Ken Berry
    14t Amos Otis
    14t Rod Carew

Now there are a few guys in there who whose fielding had a lot of value, like Fisk, Grich, Bando and Berry. But strictly as hitters, the argument that Carew was better than Allen is just silly, as would be an argument that Carew was as good a hitter that year as Murcer, May or Epstein. But, a debate about the offensive value of Carew vs. Otis or the total value of Carew vs. Ken "I bet you've never heard of me" Berry would be good ones.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    1972 Total bases

Allen 305
    Carew 203

LOL THAT! ;-)

It's worse than even that makes it appear; if you add their walks, Allen's lead of 102 grows to 158.

Bill James' list of the most valuable players, excluding pitchers, in the AL in 1972:

1 Dick Allen
    2 Bobby Murcer
    3 Carlton Fisk
    4t Carlos May
    4t Joe Rudi
    6t John Mayberry
    6t Mike Epstein
    8t Reggie Smith
    8t Roy White
    8t Reggie Jackson
    11 Tommy Harper
    12t Bobby Grich
    12t Sal Bando
    14t Ken Berry
    14t Amos Otis
    14t Rod Carew

Now there are a few guys in there who whose fielding had a lot of value, like Fisk, Grich, Bando and Berry. But strictly as hitters, the argument that Carew was better than Allen is just silly, as would be an argument that Carew was as good a hitter that year as Murcer, May or Epstein. But, a debate about the offensive value of Carew vs. Otis or the total value of Carew vs. Ken "I bet you've never heard of me" Berry would be good ones.

u guys are talking offensive value, total bases, runs, obp, in 1972 not best hitter

• Options

CAREW IS STILL THE 1972 BATTING CHAMPION B)

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

Absolutely correct! He was NOT the best hitter though.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@lawyer05 said:

no the best hitter
    was
    the
    1. The Mexican
    2. Stan Musial
    Then Carew

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    Ichiro played 9 seasons in Japan collecting 1278 hits (.353 avg.).... 1st year in majors he was age 27.... 3,089 total hits (.311) in MLB..... total pro hits 4,367 (.322) ....MORE than Rose (4,256) (.303 avg).... Had he played from 18 years of age in MLB like he did in Japan I believe he would have surpassed ROSE in MLB hits king..... we wont ever know but 4,367 and the single season MLB record of 262 hits is extraordinary. I think he was more gifted than ROSE in his defense and swing mechanics.... but Rose was a bulldog and certainly is an American treasure.... By all accounts Ichiro was a class act in every aspect of life.

If you are going to include all of Ichiros pro hits, you need to be consistent and include all of Pete's pro hits. He had 86 postseason hits, 427 minor league hits and of course 4256 ML hits. Pete had 4762 pro hits. 395 more than ichiro.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

@dallasactuary said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    1972 Total bases

Allen 305
    Carew 203

LOL THAT! ;-)

1 Dick Allen
    2 Bobby Murcer
    3 Carlton Fisk
    4t Carlos May
    4t Joe Rudi
    6t John Mayberry
    6t Mike Epstein
    8t Reggie Smith
    8t Roy White
    8t Reggie Jackson
    11 Tommy Harper
    12t Bobby Grich
    12t Sal Bando
    14t Ken Berry
    14t Amos Otis
    14t Rod Carew

u guys are talking offensive value, total bases, runs, obp, in 1972 not best hitter

Ummm...total bases and obp are hitting stats. Anything that happens in the batting box is considered a hitting stat. That includes BB and total bases.

• Options

@craig44 said:

@MLBdays said:
    Ichiro played 9 seasons in Japan collecting 1278 hits (.353 avg.).... 1st year in majors he was age 27.... 3,089 total hits (.311) in MLB..... total pro hits 4,367 (.322) ....MORE than Rose (4,256) (.303 avg).... Had he played from 18 years of age in MLB like he did in Japan I believe he would have surpassed ROSE in MLB hits king..... we wont ever know but 4,367 and the single season MLB record of 262 hits is extraordinary. I think he was more gifted than ROSE in his defense and swing mechanics.... but Rose was a bulldog and certainly is an American treasure.... By all accounts Ichiro was a class act in every aspect of life.

If you are going to include all of Ichiros pro hits, you need to be consistent and include all of Pete's pro hits. He had 86 postseason hits, 427 minor league hits and of course 4256 ML hits. Pete had 4762 pro hits. 395 more than ichiro.

craig is correct... did i just say that ?
    Japan League is considered high AAA ball. and Petes hits should be included

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

@craig44 said:

@MLBdays said:

Don't those words just feel so right when you type them, Craig is correct.....

• Options

@craig44 said:

@lawyer05 said:

@craig44 said:

@MLBdays said:

No offense intended, but when he agrees with you on hitting, you better look again at your statement ;-)

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@lawyer05 said:

no the best hitter
    was
    the
    1. The Mexican
    2. Stan Musial
    Then Carew

Assuming "The Mexican" means Ted Williams.
    Musial was really good too.
    Carew about 100 or so spots below them.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@craig44 said:

@lawyer05 said:

@craig44 said:

@MLBdays said:

No offense intended, but when he agrees with you on hitting, you better look again at your statement ;-)

I know, right

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@lawyer05 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@lawyer05 said:

no the best hitter
    was
    the
    1. The Mexican
    2. Stan Musial
    Then Carew

now you going to tell me Mariano is not the greates relief pitcher

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@lawyer05 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@lawyer05 said:

no the best hitter
    was
    the
    1. The Mexican
    2. Stan Musial
    Then Carew

Isn't it sad that the greatest relief pitcher is little more than a failed starter.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:

This argument holds no water. Tuffy Rhodes hit 464 homers in Japan and 13 in MLB. Should we give him credit for 477? Of course not. Because Tuffy Freaking Rhodes hit 464 homers in Japan, which tells you what you need to know about the level of competition there.

• Options

I can see the argument to add MLB All-Star game, playoff and WS hits to someone's totals as they were accomplished against Major League players.

Anything else is foolish.

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

Using saves per appearance (like batting average for closers) Kimbrel is better.

Hoffman about the same as Rivera.

• Options

@lawyer05 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@lawyer05 said:

no the best hitter
    was
    the
    1. The Mexican
    2. Stan Musial
    Then Carew

Williams was #2
    Musial #13
    Carew #298

Joe Mauer was better than Carew!

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@lawyer05 said:

>

no the best hitter
    was
    the
    1. The Mexican
    2. Stan Musial
    Then Carew

OR using your thought process;

Highest lifetime BA

Cobb
    Hornsby
    Jackson

Or

Most batting titles

Cobb
    Wagner
    Gwynn

Rod doesn't make it here even using what you claim makes a great hitter.

Hornsby was in the top 5.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@lawyer05 said:

Using saves per appearance (like batting average for closers) Kimbrel is better.

Kimbrel also has a better WHIP, better K/9, better FIP, and better ERA. He has the lowest ERA of any pitcher in the live ball era with 500+ innings pitched. Also has the lowest Hits per 9 of anybody in the live ball era, too (4.82/9). AND the highest K/9.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

AND the highest K/9.

potheads blowing shotguns up their dogs nose is totally wrong but in the grand scheme of things its a minor issue. Safer than edibles supposedly .

• Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    A simple rule of common sense maybe Dallas can use in the future.
    If the player you think is the best hitter for any decade, had a slugging % in the .300's three times in the decade, then that player is not the best hitter of the decade.
    Try to use a little common sense and you would see things like that.
    Just trying to help, not be hurtful.

You guys, lets not forget that Darin's methods have Rich Dauer as a superior hitter than Harmon Killebrew, because when Dauer swung the bat he struck the ball more often and resulted in a higher batting average.

It sounds like this lawyer guy is just as bright...and probably the same clown that got destroyed in the Brett Schmidt debates, where only those two clowns still clung to the notion of Brett being anywhere close to Schmidt...and ironically, their very own methods in that debate vaulted seven other third baseman as better than Brett...lmao. Priceless.

• Options

Saves. A metric just about as valuable as batting average...

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Skin2 said:

@Darin said:
    A simple rule of common sense maybe Dallas can use in the future.
    If the player you think is the best hitter for any decade, had a slugging % in the .300's three times in the decade, then that player is not the best hitter of the decade.
    Try to use a little common sense and you would see things like that.
    Just trying to help, not be hurtful.

You guys, lets not forget that Darin's methods have Rich Dauer as a superior hitter than Harmon Killebrew, because when Dauer swung the bat he struck the ball more often and resulted in a higher batting average.

It sounds like this lawyer guy is just as bright...and probably the same clown that got destroyed in the Brett Schmidt debates, where only those two clowns still clung to the notion of Brett being anywhere close to Schmidt...and ironically, their very own methods in that debate vaulted seven other third baseman as better than Brett...lmao. Priceless.

No, that's incorrect. I was arguing for Stargell because his power numbers dwarf Joe Morgan's in the 1970's.
    There was no mention of batting average, I actually don't know if it was Stargell or Morgan who hit for
    a higher average in the decade. And I'll repeat, anyone who couldn't get their slugging percentage above
    .400 for three years in any decade, is simply not the best hitter of the decade. Always better candidates than that.
    But in Dallas' defense, he didn't even understand the question, he thought it was best player of the decade, not
    best hitter. But too proud to admit it.
    Whatever, Morgan may have been best player, but certainly not best hitter.

Oh, and in the future at least try to get your facts correct before commenting, as I made no mention of batting average.

• Options

@Darin said:

And I'll repeat, anyone who couldn't get their slugging percentage above

.400 for three years in any decade, is simply not the best hitter of the decade. Always better candidates than that.

Carew had three years in the decade below .400 as well.

• Options

@Tabe said:
    This argument holds no water. Tuffy Rhodes hit 464 homers in Japan and 13 in MLB. Should we give him credit for 477? Of course not. Because Tuffy Freaking Rhodes hit 464 homers in Japan, which tells you what you need to know about the level of competition there.

My favorite example is Felix Millan. Millan was a slap-single hitter who refused to take a walk; he hit .300 once when he was younger, but usually hit .270 or so and was out of MLB at 33 after hitting ,248 (and slugging .315). So Millan went to Japan, refuge of many former MLB players who weren't good enough to play in the MLB anymore. At 35 years old, Millan hit .346 and led the league.

Japanese baseball is not AAA-level, and it's not even AA level. It's the level where small, slow, old men can lead the league in batting average, and players who hit a HR every 52 MLB at bats can hit one every 13 at bats. There are minor league teams of similar quality in cities like Clinton, Iowa and Missoula, Montana. The only real difference is that there are more people playing in Clinton and Missoula right now who will one day be good enough to play in MLB than there are in Japan.

• Options
    edited April 17, 2019 6:43PM

@dallasactuary said:

@Tabe said:

My favorite example is Felix Millan. Millan was a slap-single hitter who refused to take a walk; he hit .300 once when he was younger, but usually hit .270 or so and was out of MLB at 33 after hitting ,248 (and slugging .315). So Millan went to Japan, refuge of many former MLB players who weren't good enough to play in the MLB anymore. At 35 years old, Millan hit .346 and led the league.

Japanese baseball is not AAA-level, and it's not even AA level. It's the level where small, slow, old men can lead the league in batting average, and players who hit a HR every 52 MLB at bats can hit one every 13 at bats. There are minor league teams of similar quality in cities like Clinton, Iowa and Missoula, Montana. The only real difference is that there are more people playing in Clinton and Missoula right now who will one day be good enough to play in MLB than there are in Japan.

I will have to see if there is anyway to stream japanese baseball games. I'd like to know if they can finish a game in 2 hours . If so I would rather watch them than our 162 game coma inducing season. Double A or not , at least I won't need to dig my eyeballs out with a fork.

Does Japanese David Price take 55 seconds to throw each pitch? Does Japanese David Ortiz step out of the box 65 times?

Update I thought I found a stream but its actually Turkish women's volleyball broadcast in Japanese . Its better than US baseball though, next time I'll turn left in Albuquerque

• Options

It is certainly a considerably lower level of baseball. How many legitimate superstars have come from Japan? Just ichiro I think. Nomo was popular for a bit, had no staying power. Matsui was never a superstar.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    It is certainly a considerably lower level of baseball. How many legitimate superstars have come from Japan? Just ichiro I think. Nomo was popular for a bit, had no staying power. Matsui was never a superstar.

How about stars who played for the Clinton, Iowa LumberKings?

Orel Hershiser
    Denny McLain
    Darrell Porter
    Dave Stewart
    Gorman Thomas
    Matt Williams

The Missoula, Montana Osprey? Well, they haven't been around as long as the venerable LumberKings, but Paul Goldschmidt played there.

The Peoria Chiefs put Japan to shame, though. Greg Maddux, Ryne Sandberg, Albert Pujols, Yadier Molina, Nomar Garciaparra and Rick Sutcliffe all played there, along with too many lesser stars to count. I suspect the current Peoria Chiefs would win the Japanese title without breaking a sweat.

• Options
    edited April 17, 2019 7:11PM

Turns out you can stream the NBA playoffs from Japan too. Just saw Hardin try to pretend he got elbowed , the Japanese announcers were laughing at him. :D

There is a little chat window on the right side of the screen seeing lots of angry penguin emojis

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@Darin said:

Well I'm not arguing in favor of Carew as the best hitter of the 70's.
    And actually I'm not necessarily saying Stargell was the best hitter of the 70's.
    I'm just saying Stargell was better than Morgan.

That is a funny stat, Carew is basically known as a singles hitter, and him and Morgan
    both had three years below .400 slugging. :) Kind of helps my point, seeing Morgan
    is more closely lumped in with Carew than Stargell as far as power numbers.

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@Tabe said:

Dallas quoting Felix Millan's slugging percentage (.315) :)

• Options

@Darin said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@Darin said:

And actually I'm not necessarily saying Stargell was the best hitter of the 70's.

That is a funny stat, Carew is basically known as a singles hitter, and him and Morgan
    both had three years below .400 slugging. :) Kind of helps my point, seeing Morgan

I like Stargell better as a hitter, OPS for the decade was over .900 Morgan was at .859, Morgan as a better offensive player, BUT they are certainly not comparable types. Morgan in the #2 spot or even batting third and Willie clean-up!

Carew and Morgan better suited for comparison. Carew has the better BA, Morgan DESTROYS him everywhere else offensively.

Hasn't been mentioned, but defensively as well.

Who does get your vote as best of the 1970's?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2019 7:46PM

I’ve been to many games in Japan. They are a blast. They are an event. The crowds are totally into it. The baseball itself? Not that great. Most pitchers have one maybe two pitches

My favorite video is that of Rod Allen who was on the 1984 Detroit Tigers roster. He was a Tigers TV announcer for years until he got fired in 2018 for getting in a physical scuffle with the play by play guy. He also played in Japan for awhile.

Enjoy this video and watch the sheer terror on the pitchers face

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=VEfgeYelL7g

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    Carew and Morgan better suited for comparison. Carew has the better BA, Morgan DESTROYS him everywhere else offensively.

I don't think that even the people arguing for someone other than Morgan as the best hitter of the 1970's would try to argue that Morgan wasn't the best overall player of the 1970's.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@Darin said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@Darin said:

I like Stargell better as a hitter, OPS for the decade was over .900 Morgan was at .859, Morgan as a better offensive player, BUT they are certainly not comparable types. Morgan in the #2 spot or even batting third and Willie clean-up!

I guess nobody does come up as a better hitter than Stargell in the 70's.
    Stargell had an OPS+ of 156 for the decade. Reggie was pretty good with an OPS+ of 148. Morgan was at 140.
    Looks like Willie blew everyone away with a SLG. % of .555, Reggie was at .508, Morgan 100 points behind at .455
    So I guess as far as hitting Stargell was clearly superior to everyone in the 70's.
    And just to be fair, I would probably pick Morgan best player of the decade. The stolen bases and baserunning, plus
    his ability to draw walks, can't be ignored. He was smart, he knew it was important for him to get on base anyway he
    could, because of his ability to steal bases. In that aspect its hard to compare him with Stargell, because Willie knew
    his value was in swinging the lumber and driving in runs. Walks weren't as important to him so sometimes comparing
    players with a different approach at the plate probably isn't completely fair.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree Morgan was the best player of the 70’s with the eye test and stats.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Darin said:
    Stargell had an OPS+ of 156 for the decade. Reggie was pretty good with an OPS+ of 148. Morgan was at 140.
    Looks like Willie blew everyone away with a SLG. % of .555, Reggie was at .508, Morgan 100 points behind at .455
    So I guess as far as hitting Stargell was clearly superior to everyone in the 70's.

Question for you. Who was the better hitter:

Schmidt: OPS+ of 147, SLG of .527
    Brett: OPS+ of 135, SLG of .487

You just stated very clearly that these two stats, and these two stats alone, were sufficient to "clearly" determine the best hitter, but I could swear that there was a thread recently where you argued for Brett. It's almost as if you're just making stuff up and have no idea what you're talking about.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Agree Morgan was the best player of the 70’s with the eye test and stats.

mark

I might take Johnny Bench.

• Options
    edited April 18, 2019 4:22AM

Bench was a transcendent player. The kind of offense he produced from the catcher position was tremendous.

• Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

@dallasactuary said:

@Darin said:

You just stated very clearly that these two stats, and these two stats alone, were sufficient to "clearly" determine the best hitter, but I could swear that there was a thread recently where you argued for Brett. It's almost as if you're just making stuff up and have no idea what you're talking about.

Checkmate. Again.

• Options

@Darin said:

And just to be fair, I would probably pick Morgan best player of the decade. The stolen bases and baserunning, plus
    his ability to draw walks, can't be ignored. He was smart, he knew it was important for him to get on base anyway he
    could, because of his ability to steal bases. In that aspect its hard to compare him with Stargell, because Willie knew
    his value was in swinging the lumber and driving in runs. Walks weren't as important to him so sometimes comparing
    players with a different approach at the plate probably isn't completely fair.

Agreed.

Unusually good post there my man!

OPS numbers for decade;

Willie .925
    Reggie .870
    Johnny .837
    Joey .790
    Rodney .783

Hitting wise is pretty clear. Stargell was quite a bit better.

Overall greatest player is tougher.
    Morgan was fantastic on the bases AND in the field.
    Bench was a HUGE asset behind the plate as a fielder at possibly the most important position. He slugged .488 for the decade, with an unusually low SLG in 1976, an average year here would bring his SLG up to around .500. Injured perhaps? He did play in a few less games that year.

If you consider the "intangibles" Bench closes the gap, I would pick Morgan, but won't dispute anyone saying Bench was as important to the team.

Not surprising their team made it to 4 WS during the decade!

• Options

Started thinking about how averages could be deceiving, so I took a look at some different numbers.

My first thought was a point I noticed about Carew and 1970.

Looking at OPS and OPS+ he had a great year, 2nd highest OPS and 3rd "best" OPS+ of his career, BUT he played in only 51 games, more accurate was he had 204 plate appearances. 1/3 of a season is NOT a great year even though he was great when he played.

In looking at total contributions;

Joe Morgan, 6320 PA 2339 TB 1071BB TB+BB=3410 Over 500PA every year, over 639 7 of first 8 seasons.

Johnny Bench, 6006 PA 2566 TB 687BB TB+BB=3253 Only 1 year with under 538 PA. 1976 and 1971 were down years.

Reggie Jackson, 5913PA 2604TB 678BB TB+BB=3282 Had over 514PA every year.

Willie Stargell, 5083PA 2440TB 595BB TB+BB=3035 He missed a lot of time 1976-79 (about 200 games) yet still had awesome OPS+ numbers.

Rod Carew, 5916PA 2368TB 586BB TB+BB=2954 SURPRISE (for me anyway) much more valuable here for me than before. MORE TB than Joe! He did have a few more AB than Morgan, but that was a surprise. I DID double check my numbers.

I used PA instead of AB because I included BB as a factor.

Still have Morgan as the best and Bench as second, but now am thinking Reggie with 83 more PA per year, more TB and BB did more for his team than Willie. Willie was DEFINITELY better when he played, but Reggie played more often.

Also noticed that 1976 was an awful year for hitters, except for Joe Morgan. Madlock the only other batter in MLB with OPS above .900?!?!?!?!? Schmidt was at .900.

Feel free to check my numbers and I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about Reggie VS Willie.

It was VERY hard for me to like ANYTHING about Reggie..............couldn't stand the guy.

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@Darin said:

Who was the best hitter of the 70's? Schmidt, Stargell, Reggie,(Jackson or Smith?)
    Because it sure wasn't Joe Morgan.

• Options

@Darin said:

@dallasactuary said:

@Darin said:

You got me. Now I understand why you, and indeed every single person on this forum, views me with an uncomfortable mix of amusement and pity. But rather than be a man about it, I am going to ignore the question you asked me and instead ask you a question that you've already answered. I'm hoping that by changing the subject some of the less bright members of the forum won't notice what a fool I've made of myself. I don't know what they odds are that there's anyone as dumb as me, but what other choice do I have? So anyway,

Who was the best hitter of the 70's? Schmidt, Stargell, Reggie,(Jackson or Smith?)

As you so eloquently pointed out, I already answered that question. It was Joe Morgan.

And I'll try again, who was the better hitter, Brett or Schmidt?

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@Darin said:

@dallasactuary said:

@Darin said:

You got me. Now I understand why you, and indeed every single person on this forum, views me with an uncomfortable mix of amusement and pity. But rather than be a man about it, I am going to ignore the question you asked me and instead ask you a question that you've already answered. I'm hoping that by changing the subject some of the less bright members of the forum won't notice what a fool I've made of myself. I don't know what they odds are that there's anyone as dumb as me, but what other choice do I have? So anyway,

As you so eloquently pointed out, I already answered that question. It was Joe Morgan.

when you fix other peoples quotes steveK gets his dander up. He might not notice though I think he's up on a ledge somewhere over this wentz thing

• Options

@dallasactuary said:

@Darin said:

@dallasactuary said:

@Darin said:

George Brett.
    This is the second time in a few days you've tried to humiliate and embarrass me on a public forum.
    When you say to someone that everyone is laughing at him and continue to call him dumb just for voicing
    an opinion, then you're really not worth responding to.
    I'm done with you and skin, would rather associate with people who aren't so miserable.
    Take your childish jokes and get lost.

• Options

For best hitter of the decade, I still say it's stargell. No baserunning, no positional adjustment. Just what happens in the batters box. Gotta be Willie

• Options

@Darin said:
    This is the second time in a few days you've tried to humiliate and embarrass me on a public forum.

Be fair, the humiliation and embarrassment you brought on yourself by mentioning your sixth grade spelling feats dwarfs anything I've done.