Home Q & A Forum

2019 W Lincoln pricing

WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

So if every 2019 proof set comes with a complementary 2019 w proof Lincoln coin and this coin is going to be issued, one to one for every proof set produced, why are they currently selling in grades of PR69 DCAM and PR70DCAM for in ranges of $35 - $200 depending on the grade? Would you buy this coin for future or current value? Buy now or Buy later.

Kennedys are my quest...

Comments

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on what you collect. I'd purchase the Proof Set and get the coin for free. BTW, I have not seen one of these coins that grades higher than PR-68 yet! So a TRUE PR-70 by my grading (perfect) may be a good buy.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    Depends on what you collect. I'd purchase the Proof Set and get the coin for free. BTW, I have not seen one of these coins that grades higher than PR-68 yet! So a TRUE PR-70 by my grading (perfect) may be a good buy.

There are coins graded in NGC and PCGS has listed 1 coin as PR69 with no PL designation

Kennedys are my quest...

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hansen watch is the discussion. Good luck with your set!

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:
    There are coins graded in NGC and PCGS has listed 1 coin as PR69 with no PL designation

I'm confused - why would a proof coin ever have a PL designation? :/

edited March 21, 2019 5:43PM

@JBK said:

@WAYNEAS said:

I'm confused - why would a proof coin ever have a PL designation? :/

my mistake ( I will blame the wine) as I also have a search on for a 2019 d Kennedy ms70 pl, my reply should have said that Pcgs has graded 1 coin for the 2019 w as a pr69

Kennedys are my quest...

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

The two I had purchased with proof sets came with toning/discoloration near rims between 1-3, 9-12 positions on obverse. So, I'd think any premiums would come without this anomaly, whatever it is, regardless of grade.

I'd like one without, "issues."

update: Pcgs has graded 73 coins in the 2019 w in pr69dc and 45 in pr70dc so they are not rare or hard to come by. I personally would wait to buy a pr70dc grade.

Kennedys are my quest...

Update: As of this morning 3-22-2019, Pcgs has now graded 373, 2019 W Lincolns in PR69 deep cameo and 149 coins in PR70 deep cameo. Since these coins came as a freebie with the 2019 proof set purchase that was released on 3/1, the graded numbers are steadily increasing. I know that Lincoln collectors are currently paying just under $100.00 for the 2019 S PR70 deep cameos with 247 currently in this grade and just above $30.00 for the PR69 deep cameo coins with 373 currently in this grade. I would have to say that there are some serious number of Lincoln collectors. I would pay premium for the PR70's but in no way would I pay premium for the PR69's. Tell me how you feel.

Kennedys are my quest...