Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

USPS..."We Care"

BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Check out this delivery I received today from ATS ....SAYS "NGC" in big letters a.k.a "Steal Me"

I think it was the Apollo saucer capsules being returned since I was not notified it was coming...

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

bummer :( so much for letting you know about it ( like it matters )

• Options

...and why on earth would they squeeze seven of those beast capsules in a paper envelope....extreme "duh" moment

• Options
    slider23slider23 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭

Anytime I ship anything of value in the Priority Mail envelope, I tape all four edges. Now I know why.

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've dealt with NGC many times and have never seen anything like that. Someone messed up for sure. Sorry about your loss.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair, almost no one would know what "NGC" stands for unless they were a coin person and knew the NGC coin logo. After all, NGC isn't even the biggest NGC, that would be Northrup Grumman Corporation by a LOT. There's also an NGC software company, mining company and God knows how many other companies.

• Options

I bet the USPS in Sarasota know exactly who NGC is...and the package only traveled from Sarasota to Cape Coral, FL (80 miles)....not across the country where ID would decrease

• Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭

They don't ship coins like that. Only registered mail or UPS/FedEx. So yes, that would have just been the capsules. The packages with coins are not marked.

• Options
    HJP717HJP717 Posts: 76 ✭✭

Damaged in handling. Put it in a body bag and ship it out. U.S.P.S. does not CARE!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... that envelope looks as if it went through a full battle skirmish..... Hope all was well... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is not a piece of tape on that envelope. Nobody stole the coins. The weight of the coins ripped open the seams of the envelope

• Options
    KeithMS70KeithMS70 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

A thief at the post office 100% knows what ngc is.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinkid855 said:
    They don't ship coins like that. Only registered mail or UPS/FedEx. So yes, that would have just been the capsules. The packages with coins are not marked.

This. Call 'em, up. They probably have tons of 5ozt OGP then can replace them with.

(I've never been convinced I get back my OGP when requested. I should mark them some time to see if I actually get mine back... :D )

• Options
    CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I send coins, I double pack them (package in a package or box in a box) "and have my name, address and phone number on the internal box too" just in case. Of course if it's a thief, it isn't going to help.

Scary to see they have all the pre-printed labels and bags. Must happen a lot.

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody def ripped into that. Maybe go to your local p.o. and discuss it with the postmaster and Express your concerns even though it's not a high dollar item.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I send packages to PCGS I don't even put PCGS on it. I make up a company with the same initials.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good thing your coins weren't in there, "RECEIVED WITHOUT CONTENTS" otherwise they might have gotten damaged.

This is just a travesty. So sorry @BigA

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CCGGG said:
    When I send coins, I double pack them (package in a package or box in a box) "and have my name, address and phone number on the internal box too" just in case. Of course if it's a thief, it isn't going to help.

Scary to see they have all the pre-printed labels and bags. Must happen a lot.

When getting real coins back, the letters NGC aren't anywhere on the box. Return address says it's someone with the initials of DN.

It's only the return of OGP that looks like that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file