Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Angels in my life

Comments

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Heather, I was unaware of Newsletter.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019 11:18AM

That is a very nicely written article @crazyhounddog, and i'm sorry to have too many horns to be an angel!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great stuff, Joe. Thanks.

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received in my email yesterday and saw it posted on Facebook today. So nice that you were able to help. If we could only turn the ashes back into a home.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that Joe

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet story and crazyhounddog, you look as badass as the trials and tribulations you've recently gone through.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019 2:35PM

Someday it would be fun to see the sum total of what our hosts restored for you. The coins that have been posted here and in other places look fantastic. I imagine there will be some huge victories and perhaps some that don't turn out as well. From memory there are some pretty fantastic coins in the bunch.

Oh, and this whole thing reminds me......

No matter what people say, most people are good. :)

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really really like it here. Great story and great group of people.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great story and thanks for sharing it with us.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Great story and thanks for sharing it with us.... Cheers, RickO

Thanks buddy.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great story, thanks for sharing and always keeping us update on your return to normalcy. Its a miracle your family made it out intact. I'm sure that fateful day put life in perspective for you and your family. Glad things are beginning to look up again for you. Hopefully your neighbors and fellow-towns people are rebuilding and getting back on their feet as well.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

:):):)

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fabulous!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

So happy things are turning your way, Joe. Here's to more of the same!
    Lance.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe is a great guy! I was privileged to spend several days with him and his son at the FUN show in Jan..

Keep on keeping on Bud! :)B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Joe is a great guy! I was privileged to spend several days with him and his son at the FUN show in Jan..

Keep on keeping on Bud! :)B)

No one could possibly be as good a guy as you, Jon🤠

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

@lkeigwin said:
    So happy things are turning your way, Joe. Here's to more of the same!
    Lance.

It’s good to see you chiming in again my friend🥴

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a nice write up! Glad to hear that you're getting back on your feet.

I'd give a "like" but that feature is no longer available to me.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems just like yesterday that we heard your plight. Your life is coming back together and new memories are forming. Exciting times ahead for the whole Best clan. Great story!
    I know I'm happy to have contributed a bit, as did so many on this forum. Brothers we are (sisters, too). And then there is our host that stepped up to the plate and smashed it out of the park...Kudos to PCGS for sure.

Be well,
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing and glad to see things are looking up....

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kudos to PCGS and @HeatherBoyd for this wonderful coin story ..... may your kindness and generosity be returned to you ten fold <3

@crazyhounddog ..... you are in my nightly prayer <3

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are the pictures of the article :)

• Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing story and events Joe! You and your family are so strong!
    Thank you for sharing your story and I wish you and yours the very best! AB

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great writeup. I hope nobody has to experience what you have been through.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

it sure does have a way of working out like that. yes to what cameonut said as well. jmo

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm so happy you've come out of this ordeal on your feet looking forward with your usual positive attitude. Look forward to many more years of seeing you here and posting your beautiful herd.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great write up indeed! I'm glad things are improving and those coins look awesome in the new holders!

• Options

@robec said:
    I'm so happy you've come out of this ordeal on your feet looking forward with your usual positive attitude. Look forward to many more years of seeing you here and posting your beautiful herd.

Thank you, Bob. I haven’t the words to express my gratitude to this forum, it’s mods and to the love shown to my family by this forum and it’s members. You are all great folks and I’m proud that I have so many friends here. I am a lucky man❤️
    I wish you all the best this world has to offer.
    Joe and Family

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great people are able to stand horrific things. Your attitude and family will carry you a long way. You have already proven that. Such a heart rending story, but as you said God saved the best of your collection, you and your family. I thank HIM for that.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Joe and Heather for showing me the newsletter. I had never heard of it. Stupid me.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file