State of Nirvana

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

Comments

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now three-word threads? When will this please stop?

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes,
    Missed them in the other thread, thusly the change in title.
    Random acts of kindness are very cool... :#

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019 1:41PM

It is hard to explain how touching this act of kindness was for me.
    I have a habit of over sharing at times so I will try not to, and be somewhat brief.
    This has been a difficult year so far for me. Many aspects of my personal and professional life have been... less than... lately.
    To be an open book, it was a Really dark time before I saw the thread authored by Kindanewish. The concept of it gave such a lift to my spirits, and seeing all the members posting to support the idea... had a intense impact on me.

If you know any other Aspies in life, you probably already know we are a unique crowd that tends to have extraordinary struggles with ordinary things.
    More often than not, I do not "people" well and socializing in the "real world" is a largely unsuccessful endeavor.
    I have learned to accept that being "let down" is to be expected a majority of the time and so I no longer seek "friends"
    I say that objectively and entirely without self pity. Mayhap a better phrasing would be that I try to place no hope or expectations on interactions with other people.

So when I saw the outpouring of support and kindness it was like a weight had been lifted from my present struggles. It made me feel accepted and liked in a way I very rarely experience in "real life."
    It meant and means so much more to me than I can begin to express.
    So much for brevity ;)

This community is awesome!

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool, they are home now...

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... though I had no idea what was going on when I opened this thread, I must say it has been most pleasant...@Aspie_Rocco... glad things are going well for you....and you are indeed a welcome addition to the forum. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file