Godfather's
Star Wars
James Bond's
Pink Panther's

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2019 5:55PM

Love the Pink Panther series! 60’s and 70’s Bond movies with Sean Connery and Roger Moore were awesome as well but the rest I could not get into. Halloween 1&2, Jaws 1&2, Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, will not watch the “Newer ones”

• Options
    edited March 19, 2019 5:54PM

Double post 🙄

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the pink panther series also.

• Options

I do really enjoy action movies so I would mention
    the Lethal Weapon and Die Hard movies.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2019 8:06PM

Mission Impossible’s
    James Bond’s
    Lord of the Rings
    Star Wars

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

James Bond
    Indiana Jones
    Bowery Boys

• Options
    AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

Frankenstein (Still going today - made its stage premier in Chicago 2019)
    Bond - James Bond
    The Thin Man
    Star Wars

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the Bourne franchise as well

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Batman had some great villains.

• Options
    edited March 20, 2019 2:20AM

Lord of the rings and Hobbit were great Mark! The newer Mission Impossibile’s are great, they have a great mix of action and humor all wrapped into a it. Only watched the original Indiana Jones

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do not know if they would make the top four, but I like Rocky, Rambo, Predator, Terminator, Dirty Harry, Star Trek, Mission Impossible, Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit.

Star Wars not so much.

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure I'd consider the Godfather as a series. More like a trilogy+1. A series to me would be something on-going and not a fixed number of films. The Nolan Batman, Lord of Rings, and Hobbit would all fall into this category with a finite end.

That criteria aside, I can't think of anything that can top James Bond and Star Wars as #1 and #2 with everything else so far back in the dust it's not worth listing a top 4.

Several honorable mentions though ranging from the Bourne series, Indiana Jone, Pink Panther, even American Pie if you span genres.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sergio Leone's "Man with no name" or "Dollars Trilogy."
    Star Wars (original 3)
    Godfather

Andy

• Options

ahopkins- nice mention with Leone's spaghetti western trilogy!
    Correct me if I'm wrong- For a few dollars more, fist full of dollars, and the good, the bad, and the ugly.
    I really enjoy Leone's 'Once upon a time in the west' as well.

• Options

@Darin said:
    ahopkins- nice mention with Leone's spaghetti western trilogy!
    Correct me if I'm wrong- For a few dollars more, fist full of dollars, and the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Yup, that's them, Darin. They never get old. Classic lines and scenes.

I realize I only listed three series. The OP asked for four. So, my fourth: The Bourne Trilogy.

Andy

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

what about Actors who have made multiple "Franchises" in their career?? look at what Clint Eastwood has done: he breaks out with the Sergio Leone trilogy, follows it with the "Dirty Harry" movies and then has success in comedy with the "Any Which Way" movies. I'm a big Eastwood fan, both in front of and behind the camera, and he had this little troupe that stars in many of his films. if you've watched them you'll know the faces but I can't really tell any names off the top of my head.

the Bond series is incredible for having lasted so long with multiple actors filling the lead.

I have all four Bourne movies and fully expect a fifth, I wonder if Matte Damon will come back. they used prior footage of him in number four and even his name in the cabin scene.

another multiple franchise winner is Tom Cruise. he does pretty good in the MI series and now he has two installations as the ghost Special Forces guy, Jack Reacher, which were both OK.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cant believe no one mentioned the “Alien” series although it got a little stupid the last few but Alien and Aliens were pretty awesome.
    One I’ve enjoyed but not a Classic is the 3
    “Cloverfields. “

M. Nights “Split” with Mr Glass and Bruce Willis is pretty interesting also.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Hustler and The Color of Money.

Paul Newman is one of my all time favorites. The Hustler, with Jackie Gleason as Minnesota Fats, is a truly great piece of cinema. The Color of Money does not quite measure up but the performance given by Newman was spectacular and the ‘Fast’ Eddie Feltson character was one is of his more inspired turns.

Maybe 2 movies isn’t enough; perhaps with all the remakes going on, Tom Cruise reprises Vincent on day soon...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    edited March 23, 2019 4:02PM

The Hustler with Paul Newman kind of reminds me of the Cincinnati Kid with Steve McQueen only
    its poker instead of pool.
    Newman and McQueen are the upstarts trying to take down the old pro's, Jackie Gleason
    and if memory serves, Edward G. Robinson in the Cincinnati kid.

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said
    Paul Newman is one of my all time favorites. The Hustler, with Jackie Gleason as Minnesota Fats, is a truly great piece of cinema.

Truth. You and I see eye to eye.

Andy

• Options

@Darin said:
    The Hustler with Paul Newman kind of reminds me of the Cincinnati Kid with Steve McQueen only

I love all McQueen's stuff. Le Mans?

Andy

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Iron Eagle 1-4

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

love Peter Sellers and the Pink Panther series. Also a big fan of the early Bond Series with Sean Connery. the dirty Harry movies with Clint Eastwood are just classics. As a fourth, I do like Bruce Willis and the DIE HARD series. Sorry but was never a Star Wars person.

• Options

My straight answer the op? Series being more than a trilogy...

Bond
    Lord of the Rings
    Indiana Jones
    Star Wars
    Rocky

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

Paul Newman is one of my all time favorites. The Hustler, with Jackie Gleason as Minnesota Fats, is a truly great piece of cinema. The Color of Money does not quite measure up but the performance given by Newman was spectacular and the ‘Fast’ Eddie Feltson character was one is of his more inspired turns.

Maybe 2 movies isn’t enough; perhaps with all the remakes going on, Tom Cruise reprises Vincent on day soon...

Throw in Hud and Cool Hand Luke too 👍

• Options
    edited March 26, 2019 6:43PM

@perkdog
    I see you and raise you

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    The Sting (one of the Top 10 Movies Ever made)
    Nobody’s Fool (90s, underrated and fantastic)
    Cars (best character in the franchise)
    Absence of Malice
    Road to Persition (great performance)
    Sweet Bird of Youth
    Slap Shot
    Verdict

• Options

@perkdog said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

Throw in Hud and Cool Hand Luke too 👍

“What we’ve got here is a failure to communicate. Some men you just can’t reach.’