Home U.S. Coin Forum

HELP please

Getting ready to send my first coins to Pcgs. How can I pick the best and most valued coins to send? Its so hard to pick just 4. Thx for any help.

Comments

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

Try to grade and value them yourself. PCGS has an excellent 'photograde' and price guide to help. I would stop spending big money on purchasing coins until I was sure I was not buying problem and or severely over-graded coins.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Using the resources you have (i.e. photograde, Redbook etc.), try to pick the best coins. Take pictures and record your observations. Then send them in and when you get the results, compare them to what you thought. Good lessons. Cheers, RickO

• thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

First check to make sure they are even worth sending in by getting estimated values. An 1879-82-S Morgan is even iffy in MS65.

thefinn
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

All advice above is excellent! One more, If you have a favorite coin dealer that you can trust. Try asking him/her? They should be an expert in the field. Good Luck ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • david3142david3142 Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post some examples here and we can help you. Admittedly, it can be hard to grade accurately from photographs but it will definitely help us to give you specific advice.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't know, don't send anything now.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@collectors said:
    Getting ready to send my first coins to Pcgs. How can I pick the best and most valued coins to send? Its so hard to pick just 4. Thx for any help.

Great tool here to help you grade your coins and a short video.

https://www.pcgs.com/photograde/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c3igQGf9dEk

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Thx I will post results soon. Check your local listings and stay tuned. lol

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exciting

I remember my first submission

Member @BAJJERFAN allowed me to piggy back with his submission.
    I got a 70 on a piece of bullion and thought I hit the lottery

Good luck

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file