Home U.S. Coin Forum

Who as sellers are frustrated with ebay? I'm branching out!

amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

This last seller update from ebay might be my last straw! Between limiting visibility and squeezing the turnip I think I might be finished unless they back off.

What has changed? They are now about to force fixed priced listings to become Good til Cancelled and eliminate fixed priced listings. I can see some good in that....but it punishes the non abusers. I'll confess I'm sick of sellers that relist their items every week! I view it as spam. My practice has always been...list an item for a month...if it doesn't sell wait a month or two before I relist it again. It seems ebay will not answer the question...assuming the worst...if you end a GTC listing you will loose all the info to relist and have to start from scratch again. I assume the worst because they have been pointly asked on their discussion boards if this is the case.

What this means to me is I will have to spend between $100 + $200 every month to keep from having to list my relists from scratch again ( I could have 3,000 + or - coin listings right now if I want to feed ebay!) I'm tired of eBay's greed. I loath those who are feeding eBay's promote your item...which the average seems to start at the normal FVF. This is doubling the final value fee! The funny thing is I have not seen much help for the sellers who are doing this!

Here is my 1st venture online off ebay: [https://etsy.com/shop/AmeriWorldCoins?ref=l2-shop-info-avatar&listing_id=675959478](https://www.etsy.com/shop/AmeriWorldCoins?ref=l2-shop-info-
avatar&listing_id=675959478 "https://etsy.com/shop/AmeriWorldCoins?ref=l2-shop-info-avatar&listing_id=675959478")

What other venues would you suggest ot have you used?

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried Etsy a few years ago. Really horrible for coins at that time. Let us know if it has improved.

Personally, I don't think the current update is going to have any effect on me. Minor changes.

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought what I consider a rip off etsy a few weeks ago thanks to a post of a ripoff post pointing to etsy here so I looked! H! at least they do have a category for coins now. I have a feeling if ebay goes through with this you will see a lot of people like myself trying other venues other than ebay. Go look at the ebay discussion boards. They are lit up with complaints and topics getting closed left and right gustapo style by ebay!

@jmlanzaf said:
    I tried Etsy a few years ago. Really horrible for coins at that time. Let us know if it has improved.

Personally, I don't think the current update is going to have any effect on me. Minor changes.

But that was when they allowed time limited fixed price listings. My theory is they do not want to keep funding the storage space for unsold listings.

@Coinstartled said:
    I understand the desire to dump Ebay but don't really get your concern. I have ended GTC listings and have been able to relist them at a later without a problem.

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish there was an updated dealer website thread. Many many years ago, there was one that was great and it was all linked. Last time I looked, many are defunct.

Exposure is the problem! Ebay has now set up their system to feed those who pay for promoted listings! I have been watching this for awhile! Many times when I look at my pet peeve category my listings will not show up...yes if I look under my account....but not if I look on another! Ebay is pushing folks to pay their money grab of promoted listings. :s

@dpoole said:
    It's still hard to find an alternative to the exposure you get on Ebay.

• djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

I loath those who are feeding eBay's promote your item...which the average seems to start at the normal FVF. This is doubling the final value fee! The funny thing is I have not seen much help for the sellers who are doing this!

If you have a store or have reached Top Rated Seller status you get at least a $25.00 quarterly credit for Promoted Listing. Why do you loath people who take advantage of perks?

Actually I sell a lot of coins on and off ebay because I direct people to my ebay store at shows. Ebay really doesn't realize how much business I steer their way due to this! The only thing I don't have or do that you have is a website. I guess it is probably time! Paypal has been offering some deals to set up a website trying to pry people away from ebay!

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    I sell coins through ebay
    my website
    my contacts
    and forum members

Why limit yourself?

edited March 11, 2019 7:29PM

That perk is long gone unless you have the top tier store....$250 per month. I wouldn't use it when I had it because I don't agree with it! It's a money grab! Do you believe in net neutrality????

Edit to add....$25 doesn't go very far when the average cost of promoted listings is 5+% of the sales price!

@djm said:

@amwldcoin said:

I loath those who are feeding eBay's promote your item...which the average seems to start at the normal FVF. This is doubling the final value fee! The funny thing is I have not seen much help for the sellers who are doing this!

If you have a store or have reached Top Rated Seller status you get at least a $25.00 quarterly credit for Promoted Listing. Why do you loath people who take advantage of perks?

• Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do think it is unethical for eBay to bury listings if I do not promote them. I will not pay extra to promote or pay for a store. I have searched and not been able to find my own listings sometimes, except on my seller page.

The listings that end every few days are really annoying and I will be glad to see them go. If I understand the update, it should highlight fresh material sort of? No literally highlight, but genuinely new listings should be easier to find I hope.

I still get offers for c amount of free listings each month and I use them and only pay fees when I sell.

• djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    That perk is long gone unless you have the top tier store....$250 per month. I wouldn't use it when I had it because I don't agree with it! It's a money grab! Do you believe in net neutrality????

Edit to add....$25 doesn't go very far when the average cost of promoted listings is 5+% of the sales price!

@djm said:

@amwldcoin said:

Hasn't gone away, it is still available:

Am I eligible for Promoted Listings quarterly credit? How do I redeem it?
    Each quarter, Enterprise and Anchor Store subscribers receive a $25 credit and Top Rated Sellers receive a $30 credit. Top Rated Sellers who are also Enterprise or Anchor Store subscribers receive a combined quarterly credit of $55.
    To be eligible for the credits, you must:
    Be an Enterprise or Anchor Store subscriber or have Top Rated status to qualify for Promoted Listings credits (Top Rated Sellers are eligible to receive the credit as long as they maintain the status for at least one month during that quarter).
    Have a valid eBay registration address in the US. Sellers using My eBay can verify their registration address at My eBay > My Account > Addresses > Registration address.
    Launch a Promoted Listings campaign and sell item(s) through the Promoted Listings service.
    Pay your monthly invoice after eBay bills you for items sold.
    After that, eBay will issue your quarterly credit up to the amount used on your next monthly invoice and note any remaining Promoted Listings credit balance. Credits will appear in the "Miscellaneous Credits" section of your invoice. The description will tell you which month and quarter the credit is for.
    Example: If you are a Top Rated Seller and spend $15 on Promoted Listings in April, you will be charged $15 on your May invoice and receive up to a $15 credit on your June invoice (example based on a $30 quarterly Promoted Listings credit for Top Rated Sellers).
    Note: Promotions and credits are subject to change.

LOL! I have a premium store...not available to me! So are you onna the ebay spammers to use up all those listings? :#

@djm said:

@amwldcoin said:

@djm said:

@amwldcoin said:

Hasn't gone away, it is still available:

Am I eligible for Promoted Listings quarterly credit? How do I redeem it?
    Each quarter, Enterprise and Anchor Store subscribers receive a $25 credit and Top Rated Sellers receive a $30 credit. Top Rated Sellers who are also Enterprise or Anchor Store subscribers receive a combined quarterly credit of $55.
    To be eligible for the credits, you must:
    Be an Enterprise or Anchor Store subscriber or have Top Rated status to qualify for Promoted Listings credits (Top Rated Sellers are eligible to receive the credit as long as they maintain the status for at least one month during that quarter).
    Have a valid eBay registration address in the US. Sellers using My eBay can verify their registration address at My eBay > My Account > Addresses > Registration address.
    Launch a Promoted Listings campaign and sell item(s) through the Promoted Listings service.
    Pay your monthly invoice after eBay bills you for items sold.
    After that, eBay will issue your quarterly credit up to the amount used on your next monthly invoice and note any remaining Promoted Listings credit balance. Credits will appear in the "Miscellaneous Credits" section of your invoice. The description will tell you which month and quarter the credit is for.
    Example: If you are a Top Rated Seller and spend $15 on Promoted Listings in April, you will be charged $15 on your May invoice and receive up to a $15 credit on your June invoice (example based on a $30 quarterly Promoted Listings credit for Top Rated Sellers).
    Note: Promotions and credits are subject to change.

• opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

They are now about to force fixed priced listings to become Good til Cancelled and eliminate fixed priced listings.

Is this a typo? It sounds like a total contradiction.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2019 9:29PM

@opportunity said:

@amwldcoin said:

They are now about to force fixed priced listings to become Good til Cancelled and eliminate fixed priced listings.

I didn't understand that or the rest of his initial post either.

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

wowwwwwww,
    I see a whole bunch of really convoluted Ebay-Laws....
    I simply list and sell to the highest bidder... and pay the fees.... it is a hobby for me..
    However.. I might just , well we shall see.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@opportunity said:

@amwldcoin said:

I didn't understand that or the rest of his initial post either.

I wonder if he's trying to say that they're doing away with auctions?

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• EdtheloraxEdthelorax Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use this?
    https://www.usacoinbook.com/

http://www.silverstocker.com
    Anyone can PM me Any Time about Any thing.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Edthelorax said:
    Does anyone use this?
    https://www.usacoinbook.com/

Never heard of it. It was pretty amusing to see that if I paid $15 for a 1980 mint set I could get free shipping.

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let us know when you try an ice cream truck approach.
    Music and coins going thru the neighborhood.
    :)

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Etsy = Same old ebay crap from the same old ebay swindlers, for the same ridiculous money.

Do you really want to associate your good name with that lot?

Cheers

Bob

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

OP, please try Instragram as well as Ma-shops. Those two places are great.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

VERY frustrated with eBay....customer service is the worst. They suspend willy-nilly and don't care. Can't ever speak to anyone who knows anything.

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:
    VERY frustrated with eBay....customer service is the worst. They suspend willy-nilly and don't care. Can't ever speak to anyone who knows anything.

They are a very disorganized company as I recently had to speak to 5 eBay customer service reps and 1 supervisor to get a billing issue rectified. All made promises, but none ever followed up as promised. Being that their customer support is both within the USA and the Philippines it was one of the most crazed ordeals I ever encountered.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Etsy is not really set up for coins and is very hard to navigate in order to find anything.

Vcoins.com along with MA-Shop.com are far better venues.

I've made dozen of purchases on both V and MA, but only ever 1 on Etsy.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a Catch-22, eBay is under extreme pressure from Wall Street to hose their dealers, and then dealers scream but don't really have a good alternative. Amazon should be able to move whole categories off of eBay, but I don't know where coins would be in their priority list.

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC

I'll give those a look. Actually Etsy's search engine seems to work fine.

@Broadstruck said:
    Etsy is not really set up for coins and is very hard to navigate in order to find anything.

Vcoins.com along with MA-Shop.com are far better venues.

I've made dozen of purchases on both V and MA, but only ever 1 on Etsy.

Amazon pestered me for 2 years trying to get me to move my inventory from ebay onto amazon(told me they could do it with the click of a button!). If you think eBay's fees are high check out amazon's! It is more expensive to list and the FVF is 20%! They also control your money....which ebay is moving to do in the next year or 2.

@shorecoll said:
    It's a Catch-22, eBay is under extreme pressure from Wall Street to hose their dealers, and then dealers scream but don't really have a good alternative. Amazon should be able to move whole categories off of eBay, but I don't know where coins would be in their priority list.

edited March 12, 2019 6:02AM

My biggest goal is to have my inventory online where I can direct people myself to see it(Yeah I reall should try to figure out how to build a website!). The thing I like about etsy is it's only 5 cents per month per listing. The FVF fees are .2 % higher than eBay's for me.

@Outhaul said:
    Etsy = Same old ebay crap from the same old ebay swindlers, for the same ridiculous money.

Do you really want to associate your good name with that lot?

Cheers

Bob

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019 6:12AM

The BST Forum is looking better and better. And it's free!!! :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no problem with this new Ebay policy, because most sellers who list fixed pricing are reaching for pie in the sky with their price.

Either they have no sense of the current market (check Ebay completed items for true Ebay 'value') or they are just waiting for an ignorant buyer to come along.

I see month after month, year after year, the same darn coin listed at the same ridiculous price.

If you truly want to sell your goods, start them at $1.

There are so many potential buyers, that your $1 item will sell for its true value.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

The biggest problem with your theory is how ebay is controlling visibility. I have 100 listings running on a different account that have been up for 4 or 5 days. While the start prices are not $1 they are at or below what many dealers would pay. I believe 70% of them have not received a view yet.

Anywho I sell many of my coins off ebay. Helps when you can sell for almost 10% less off ebay!

@DoubleEagle59 said:
    I have no problem with this new Ebay policy, because most sellers who list fixed pricing are reaching for pie in the sky with their price.

Either they have no sense of the current market (check Ebay completed items for true Ebay 'value') or they are just waiting for an ignorant buyer to come along.

I see month after month, year after year, the same darn coin listed at the same ridiculous price.

If you truly want to sell your goods, start them at $1.

There are so many potential buyers, that your $1 item will sell for its true value.

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

I have enjoyed my best deals on the BS&T forum. Great coins and wonderful people.

• DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've sold both on the BST and Ebay.

Both have their pros and cons.

When all factors are tallied, I prefer Ebay (not by much, but I like it better).

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

My ebay fees have gone from about $600 per month to under a hundred. Thanks to ebay. :joy:

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every item listed on Feebay has a price someone wants to pay .
    if you list this item starting at a reasonable and not greedy price, it will sell.
    none of that Power seller, big seller, dumb seller, smart seller and who knows what else designations.
    these are all designed to get some monetary fractions from you.
    look at all of these seriously dumb "departments" you can belong to within Feebay just " to make more $$ for Feebay.. NOT for you. I know, the feebay lure of that fraction of a fraction better deal is tempting.
    One of the worst they have ever come up with is, IMO, the global shipping rip-off.
    If we all refuse to use it, buying or selling, they will eventually stop it. there are other ways to achieve better.
    so guys, dealers or not, STOP trying to save pennies while LOOSING a dollar in not made sales.
    (like a coin worth $ 5 and a shipping cost of $ 21 of which you get nothing)

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    My ebay fees have gone from about $600 per month to under a hundred. Thanks to ebay. :joy:

My ebay fees have gone from under a hundred to about $600 per month, Thanks to ebay <3

I understand your gripes with the ebay global shipping program. I do ship items less than $100.00 to countries that have tracking available. When an item tells me I should insure it other than import taxes it is cheaper to ship through the global shipping program and the insurance is much better! I don't know how many countries ebay is going to start doing this with. But I recently sold an item to Australia, shipped direct(no ebay global shipping) and ebay collected import taxes for Australia. If this happens with every country I believe you will see the playing field leveled!

@YQQ said:
    Every item listed on Feebay has a price someone wants to pay .
    if you list this item starting at a reasonable and not greedy price, it will sell.
    none of that Power seller, big seller, dumb seller, smart seller and who knows what else designations.
    these are all designed to get some monetary fractions from you.
    look at all of these seriously dumb "departments" you can belong to within Feebay just " to make more $$ for Feebay.. NOT for you. I know, the feebay lure of that fraction of a fraction better deal is tempting.
    One of the worst they have ever come up with is, IMO, the global shipping rip-off.
    If we all refuse to use it, buying or selling, they will eventually stop it. there are other ways to achieve better.
    so guys, dealers or not, STOP trying to save pennies while LOOSING a dollar in not made sales.
    (like a coin worth $ 5 and a shipping cost of $ 21 of which you get nothing)

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting...I just wrote a complaint letter to eBay about the need to incentivize big volume seller/wanna be coin dealers who post crap - week after week, month after month - and yes, year after year. No budging on over priced stuff that clogs up the web site and makes it longer and harder for me to look through anything that is new. I also wonder how they can make money with this business model, other than the initial load in fee whit high volumes ?? because it can not be from sales! Anyway, I further added that regular buyers/collectors like me are going elsewhere for 2 reasons. Lack of quality stuff being posted because there are fewer serious collectors and thus the stuff being sold - we are getting less for. Thus I in particular are now selling and buying at Great Collections. (I even added my recent submission statement of coins received from Great Collections to prove I was not BSing).And that my other complaint to them was because of their current business model, it was actually taking me longer to get coins posted and sold at Great Collections due to the number of sellers who have abandon them.

And here is eBays response:

Hello Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to write in to eBay Corporate. My name is Carter Hill and I’ve been asked to reply to your letter on behalf of our president and CEO Devin Wenig, as well as our Board of Directors.

There are, as I am sure you can imagine, a lot of complex and difficult questions when administrating a market as big as eBay. There is a balancing act that is always being reviewed and reassessed within eBay, which is the delicate balance between buyers and sellers. eBay is an ecosystem and as much as we need to entice buyers, we know that without sellers there is nothing to buy.

In regard to the insertion fee suggestion in particular, please note that all sellers are responsible for insertion fees after having used up their monthly allotment of free listings. Of course, sellers with store subscriptions also receive additional free listings per month up to a limit (based on their subscription level).

I do hear you about the change in the buyer experience, and we are working on new search algorithm technology to do a better job of presenting searching buyers with a more precise assortment of the items that match what they are searching for. We want to make it as easy as possible for buyers to go through with a purchase, because our business model requires sellers to actually make sales. I can see your point of view that we must be making money based on the thousands of items listed, but the reality is that final value fees sustain our business. Insertion fees may be collected to a certain extent, but if sellers aren’t making sales, they will leave in short order. Though it may not seem like it from where you’re standing right now, I assure you that the root of nearly every policy or technology update is to make buying easier and safer on eBay.

Now, with all of this said, once again we appreciate feedback from long time members like yourself. I assure you that the pain points brought up by members are heard and not dismissed. In the nearly 20 years that you have been on eBay, I am sure you’ve seen countless changes to our policy, processes and technology—this is because we always understand that the status quo is never perfected and we’re striving to make changes that positively impact the marketplace as a whole.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, and have a wonderful rest of your day.

Sincerely,

Carter Hill

eBay’s Executive Office___

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

It's funny, I have had the opposite. When ebay rolled out their last search engine(Is it Cassimi or something like that?) I went from Gold Powerseller status to Bronze in less than 3 months. That was also when they rolled out the different store formats and I went from an anchor store to a premium store because I had no use for 15,000 listings a month! That equates to ebay losing around $700-$1,000 a month in fees from me. Rarely did I sell less than $10,000 a month and many times more than $20,000 a month. I also have somewhere between $200,000 and $300,000 more in inventory cycling through ebay now than I had then!

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

My ebay fees have gone from under a hundred to about $600 per month, Thanks to ebay <3

@PerryHall said:

Disagree

Apples to crescent wrenches

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:

Well, with all this said, I'm still a Top Rated Seller with PowerScrewer status. :open_mouth:

I agree with you to a certain degree. If you wanna see abuse go look at 2 or 3 sellers in the Barber Half category that relist around a hundred crap coins a day each, some every 3 days I think and others every week. Like you I consider this spam. The only time I have listed all my inventory at once was during a good promotion(30% off FVF) during the holidays). As a rule when I have a listing that ends it sits at least a month before I relist...sometimes 2. I totally agree with doing away with fixed price listings that are less than 30 days. Don't think much can be done about those that list auctions over and over again though.

@WaterSport said:
    Interesting...I just wrote a complaint letter to eBay about the need to incentivize big volume seller/wanna be coin dealers who post crap - week after week, month after month - and yes, year after year. No budging on over priced stuff that clogs up the web site and makes it longer and harder for me to look through anything that is new. I also wonder how they can make money with this business model, other than the initial load in fee whit high volumes ?? because it can not be from sales! Anyway, I further added that regular buyers/collectors like me are going elsewhere for 2 reasons. Lack of quality stuff being posted because there are fewer serious collectors and thus the stuff being sold - we are getting less for. Thus I in particular are now selling and buying at Great Collections. (I even added my recent submission statement of coins received from Great Collections to prove I was not BSing).And that my other complaint to them was because of their current business model, it was actually taking me longer to get coins posted and sold at Great Collections due to the number of sellers who have abandon them.

And here is eBays response:

Hello Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to write in to eBay Corporate. My name is Carter Hill and I’ve been asked to reply to your letter on behalf of our president and CEO Devin Wenig, as well as our Board of Directors.

There are, as I am sure you can imagine, a lot of complex and difficult questions when administrating a market as big as eBay. There is a balancing act that is always being reviewed and reassessed within eBay, which is the delicate balance between buyers and sellers. eBay is an ecosystem and as much as we need to entice buyers, we know that without sellers there is nothing to buy.

In regard to the insertion fee suggestion in particular, please note that all sellers are responsible for insertion fees after having used up their monthly allotment of free listings. Of course, sellers with store subscriptions also receive additional free listings per month up to a limit (based on their subscription level).

I do hear you about the change in the buyer experience, and we are working on new search algorithm technology to do a better job of presenting searching buyers with a more precise assortment of the items that match what they are searching for. We want to make it as easy as possible for buyers to go through with a purchase, because our business model requires sellers to actually make sales. I can see your point of view that we must be making money based on the thousands of items listed, but the reality is that final value fees sustain our business. Insertion fees may be collected to a certain extent, but if sellers aren’t making sales, they will leave in short order. Though it may not seem like it from where you’re standing right now, I assure you that the root of nearly every policy or technology update is to make buying easier and safer on eBay.

Now, with all of this said, once again we appreciate feedback from long time members like yourself. I assure you that the pain points brought up by members are heard and not dismissed. In the nearly 20 years that you have been on eBay, I am sure you’ve seen countless changes to our policy, processes and technology—this is because we always understand that the status quo is never perfected and we’re striving to make changes that positively impact the marketplace as a whole.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, and have a wonderful rest of your day.

Sincerely,

Carter Hill

eBay’s Executive Office___

@jmlanzaf said:

@PerryHall said:

Disagree

We'll have to agree to disagree. They are both venues for selling coins. The biggest difference is one is free and the other isn't free. Also, you can offer a coin on both venues.

@PerryHall said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@PerryHall said:

Disagree

We'll have to agree to disagree. They are both venues for selling coins. The biggest difference is one is free and the other isn't free. Also, you can offer a coin on both venues.

You can disagree, but then you are willfully overlooking the obvious. There isn't 1% of the volume on BST. You couldn't possibly run a coin business on the BST with so few eyes.

People pay exorbitant fees to Amazon not because they love Amazon but because they love eyeballs. Same with eBay. You can create your own site with a payment gateway for maybe $35 per month total. But NO ONE is going to be looking...not for a long time.

@jmlanzaf said:

@PerryHall said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@PerryHall said:

Disagree

You can disagree, but then you are willfully overlooking the obvious. There isn't 1% of the volume on BST. You couldn't possibly run a coin business on the BST with so few eyes.

People pay exorbitant fees to Amazon not because they love Amazon but because they love eyeballs. Same with eBay. You can create your own site with a payment gateway for maybe $35 per month total. But NO ONE is going to be looking...not for a long time.

That's why you would put the same coin in both venues. If it sells first on the BST you can offer it cheaper and still make more money by avoiding all the eBay and Paypal fees.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file