Home U.S. Coin Forum

MS-65? Really?

2»

Comments

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something is clearly wrong. That coin can't be that highly graded and CAC'd. I have one 10X nicer as a 64 that wasn't beaned.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here the Booker T. Washington half that is in my type set. I bought it almost 20 years ago. It is graded MS-64.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

** I have one 10X nicer as a 64 that wasn't beaned**.

doubtful, but please post a picture so we can see it.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just start it on the Bay at blue sheet for 65.

Coins & Currency
  • lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super interesting thread. I thought the poc marks and "acne" on BTW's for head and cheek were due to the dies when struck. I'll have to look at mine what I get back to the house. The other contact marks I believe to be post mintage. That said the fields are super clean... I'd love to see the reverse of this coin....

So, is it 65 with a sticker?? Well, if it was my coin, it would be one I'd never crack!!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Folks tend to focus on cheek areas because, as discerning collectors who have experience with selling high priced or highly graded coins, that’s the typical area potential buyers focus. I know that if I was an MS-64 graded BTW, I’d be offended by that coin and it’s grade.

Got Crust....y gold?
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have yet to see the coin in the holder with the gold CAC sticker.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file