Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

85th Annual Northwest Coin Club's Money show - Minneapolis, MN - March 15-17, Who's going?

Hello, I'm the Bourse Chairman for the 85th Annual Northwest Coin Club's Money show. If you go the the show please stop by and say Hi. I am in booth #96, just to the the left on the center isle as you come in. This will be a fun year, being the 85th anniversary. I will post more details about the show as it gets closer. Here are the basics.

85th Annual Northwest Coin Club Money show
Earle Brown Heritage Center
6155 Earle Brown Dr.
Brooklyn Center, MN (Northern Suburb of Minneapolis)

Friday, March 15th, 2019
10:00 AM - Early Bird ($35 admission)
12:00 PM - Opens to the Public (Free Admission)
6:00 PM - Closing

Saturday, March 16, 2019
9:00 AM - Early Bird
10:00 AM - Opens to the Public
6:00 PM - Closes

Sunday, March 17, 2019
10:00 AM - Opens to the Public
3:00 PM - Closes

Youth Auction
Sunday, March 17, 2019
Captain's Room, Earle Brown Heritage Center
9:00 AM - Registration Opens
10:00 AM - Lot Viewing Begins
11:00 AM - Auction Begins

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Report please.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a good show.... should be well attended...Please give us a show report. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Always hear good things about your show.

• Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

I'll be set up Friday-Sun. Stop by and say hi.

Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    TomthecoinguyTomthecoinguy Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

We are only a day away from the big show. To celebrate the 85th Anniversary of the Show, the club is giving away these wooden nickels as you enter the show, while supplies last.

• Options

We had some last minute changes due to the weather in some of our Dealers Home towns, but we had more than enough dealers on our wait list, to take the spots of the dealers that had to pull out. Here is the current list of dealers.

85th Annual NWCC Money Show – 2019
    Dealer List

Al Boulanger
    AMA Coins
    American Rare Coin & Collectibles
    Antique Coins
    Aztec Metals
    Augie’s Collectibles
    Betty's Coins
    C Sportscards
    Central Lakes Coins
    Central Minnesota Coins
    Charles C. Parrish
    Cheney Currency
    Chief Coin, LLC
    Christopher's Rare Coins
    Coin Connection
    Coin Group of Minnesota
    Collector's Choice Coins
    Dakota Coin
    Darrel Alm
    Dave Young
    Dick Grinolds Americana
    Emporium Coin & Currency
    Flambeau Coin
    Gary Ihrke
    Golden Valley Stamps & Coins
    Gold-N-Silver
    Great Lakes Coins
    Greater Milwaukee Coin
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC
    Grove Coin Co.
    Integrity Coin
    J & J Coins, llc
    John Ferm
    K.M. Froseth
    Kalsberg Collectibles, llc
    Kaminski Coin Co
    Kearney Coin Center
    Lake Region Coin & Currency
    Lake Superior Coins
    Larry's Coins
    Legal Tender Coin
    Liberty Pawn Coins & Antiques, Inc
    M & R Rare Coins
    Meyer's Coin Shows
    Michael Waynes Collectibles
    Mill City Numismatics, LLC
    Minnesota Gold and Silver Exchange
    More for Coins and Currency, llc
    Northern Illinois Coin & Stamp, Inc.
    Northern Plains Coins
    Northsheild Moneyer’s Guild
    Northwest Coin Club
    Ottertail Coin
    Paul Reiser Resources, llc
    River City Gold & Silver Exchange
    Security Coin & Pawn Shop
    Shadowtail Numismatics
    Society of Paper Money Collectors
    St. Paul Folks
    Steven Musil
    Sunset Coins
    Tom "the Coin Guy," llc
    Tom Reibel
    Tom Reynolds
    U.S. & World Paper Money
    Valley Coin
    W.I. Numismatics
    World Paper

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my boys goes to school at the University of Minnesota. We are going and he asked me to bring his Indian Head Cent book from when he was younger :joy: It is always a great show and I am glad to see my 2 favorite dealers are still on your list.

• Options

I also wanted to tell you I love the map you have on your website for the Bourse with the actual dealer names. Well done.

• Options

Thank you. I got the room map initially from the venue, but then I spent a lot of time drawing in the dealers. It was fun so I didn't mind doing it. Now I just need to update it each year with the changes.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might make it tomorrow

• Options
    rmorganrmorgan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2019 3:28PM

I met Tom. Walked around for a couple of hours to make sure I looked through everything that interested me.

Here is a shot of the room

And here is a shot of someone's display of the history of the US Dollar. You'll see that it won a ribbon at the Minnesota State Fair.

I talked to the guys at the NW Coin Club booth. They told me that they feature a one-hour educational presentation at each of their monthly meetings. I like that. A solid educational program is a feature that seems to be lacking from my experience with clubs and shows. Unfortunately I have a Board commitment the night of the month when they meet, but if I don't renew my term, I'll probably stop by to visit.

My strategy is about collecting what I intend to keep, not investing in what I plan to sell.

• Options
    cnncoinscnncoins Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

By far, my favorite show over the years. I miss setting up at the show since I moved to CA. Hope the crew at the NW Coin Club keep up the great work!

• Options

It was an absolute zoo for the first 4 hours. I can't remember that many cars in the parking lot and I had to wait numerous times to talk with dealers and was bumping into people left and right as we tried to make it down the aisles clogged with people buying and selling. For a regional show, Minneapolis really can pull in the people. I also think this show has some of the nicest dealers around. They are helpful, cheerful, and generally seem to be having a good time. Not once did a dealer ignore me or not greet me. This is quite a contrast to some of the national shows where many dealers seem irritated to help and some don't even acknowledge your presence at their table. I also love how this show has a ton of raw coins. It reminds me of shows back in the 70's.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a really nice show.

• Options

I was hoping to post more during the show, but things have been really busy as you can tell from the other posts. It has also been a lot of fun, as I love talking coins with the people that come to my booth. I was so glad rmorgan stopped by and introduced himself. I hope he can join the club, but that other board he is on sounds fun too.

• Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭

The show was very busy all three days even into Sunday afternoon! While each day was very good for both buying and selling, I sold even more on Sunday, then either of the first todays.

Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options

The final count was over 1900 attendees from the general public. We had great attendance all three days, but a lot of the dealers were really impressed by the traffic we had on Sunday, this is two years in a row where the Sunday's really seemed to be amazingly busy. I had one veteran tell me he had never seen such a turnout for a Sunday on a three day show. I am trying to figure out why that is.

The two leading candidates is the youth auction brings a lot of families back for the final days, and we also got some coverage on local TV.

• Options
    JeffMTampaJeffMTampa Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

I lived in Minneapolis until 1986 and attended that show for about 15 years straight- always a great one. Although I have little material left in my collection from those days here's the first AU Barber Half I purchased in 1981- raw"

It now resides in a PC AU55 holder. I also have an AU58 in this date, but I'm keeping this one for sentimental value.

I love them Barber Halves.....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file