Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

SALE ENDED- thanks

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is time for another big downsizing. I'm tired of my credit card debt, my car needs $1.5K worth of work, and I'd like to have more than five or ten bucks in my savings account.

So I've put "for sale" tags on all my coins. The plan is to keep selling until I reach my goal, then I'll stop and pick up what's left over and resume collecting.

Here is your (limited) opportunity to scoop up some of my prized pieces. I realize that not everything will sell, but that's OK- I'm only selling until I get the funds I need, then everything comes off the table and goes back into my box, at which time I'll start over with a clean(-er) financial slate and whatever coins are left over.

I apologize to all of you who've ever said "let me know if you want to sell that", about one of my coins you were admiring. I'm afraid I lack the time and memory to privately message each of you about the particular coin(s) in question. Sorry. I do hope you see this in time to grab what you want.

Here is a link to my gallery, with prices added.

(*The Collectivecoin site has been a bit slow to load lately, particularly on mobile.)

Note that most of the coins are PCGS certified (or NGC, for the Ancients), but the slab grades are not listed in the titles. You'll have to click on each coin's link to see that information in the description.

Many coins are the finest (or in some cases, only) examples graded. Some of the more recently acquired pieces are still raw (uncertified).

Thanks for looking. Shoot me a message if anything catches your fancy.

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick
("LordM")

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bummer, good luck!

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice stuff, sorry you have to part with it.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice selections, good luck on your sales !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2019 10:26PM

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

So tempted on that el Hecte piece. Been wanting one of those or an obol for a long time.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2019 1:04AM

@GotTheBug said:
    Rob - There's a lot to be said about having fewer debts and a little money in the bank. Good luck with your sale - there will always be nice coins to buy later!

Thanks for the kind words, y'all. Sales in the first few hours were surprising, and it looks like I've pretty much met my goal. Sure, some of my nicest pieces are going away, but I'm looking forward to having a little more peace of mind. And I'll still have plenty of goodies left.

Like @GotTheBug said, there are always MORE nice coins to buy later! And I'm looking forward to that. Just got tired of living on the razor's edge with the rest of my personal finances.

I will say this- I'm sure glad that I chose THIS hobby, instead of motorcycle racing or Beanie Babies or NASCAR or snowboarding! This isn't the first time it has come in handy as something to fall back on.

I might let this sale run out the weekend, but soon I'll be closing the box and taking all the pricetags back off until next time.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • wildjagwildjag Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Love that Teutonic Order 1/4 Thaler, so tempting. You need more German States stuff in your box ;)

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wildjag said:
    Love that Teutonic Order 1/4 Thaler, so tempting. You need more German States stuff in your box ;)

I do have my eye on a 1627 Saxony thaler. Since I did so well with sales here, I'm actually buying a few pieces again.

• StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man, I picked a bad weekend to be at work and ignore posts. Glad you were able to get what you needed from the box...and I'm sure you will start re-applying yourself to it again.