Home Precious Metals

Will Silver continue to fall or has it bottomed out?

Will the price of Silver continue to fall or has it bottomed out?

Best Answers

• HJP717HJP717 Posts: 76 ✭✭

Thank you.You are very wise.

Answers

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember that it can only go down so far, but it can go up forever and ever!

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buy low, hold, sell! Or let the inheritors figure it out. :#

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who knows !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I could answer your question, I'd be rich!!! :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmmmm. Let me think about it.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HJP717 said:
    Will the price of Silver continue to fall or has it bottomed out?

Time frame in question?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

Silver has made me rich and I still can't answer the question. The reason the question cannot be answered is because normal market fundamentals are not in play. Futures contracts are.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

@derryb said:

@PerryHall said:

Silver has made me rich and I still can't answer the question. The reason the question cannot be answered is because normal market fundamentals are not in play. Futures contracts are.

How are fundamentals not in play?

US debt and silver price are both 4x higher than 20 years ago.

And silver demand has grown just slightly faster than supply, yet price is 4x higher.

edited March 8, 2019 7:13AM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@PerryHall said:

Because the market forces that should determine price equilibrium in the physical market are at the mercy of the big bank price controllers in the paper market where the spot price (the basis of physical price) is actually determined. But you already know this so why do you keep asking? The answer will not change until the price discovery mechanism changes.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Silver was $13.81 Dec 14, 2015 which is still way after the bubble burst. So there is no solid reason that could not easily happen again, or worst (if that's considered worst or better to some). If you look back to 2000, you may poop your pants as that was the norm for a long long time before. Without any reasonable prospects in it jumping High over the next few years, I'd expect lower dips (which are hopefully only that).

No reason though, for dabbling not to continue.

COA
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

will the silver price thread ever get back on track?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@PerryHall said:

Because the market forces that should determine price equilibrium in the physical market are at the mercy of the big bank price controllers in the paper market where the spot price (the basis of physical price) is actually determined.

And it looks like they done a great. job. Markets are liquid.

Just because you think it should be higher doesnt mean it should be. And just because you think you are right doesnt mean you are. The last 7 years have proven this.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver involved in boating accidents will continue to fall untill it has bottomed out.

It's all about what the people want...

Put enough silver in the car and it will bottom out

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Silver has been boring for a while now. Someone could say it's found a price balance. However, silver will move with gold on the way down. Should gold head down to $1200, silver will be lower from here.

$15.06, Spot Silver right now.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2019 5:42PM

It might be useful to note that the silver market is small, compared to the gold market.

The gold market is small, compared to the stock market.

The stock market is small, compared to the bond market (which is the mother lode of all markets, btw).

Silver reacts to some of the same economic factors that influence the stock market,

But it is also partly a monetary metal that reacts to some of the same things as gold, and yet

Gold, being almost a pure monetary metal is influenced by the imaginary money scam/ponzi perpetrated by the bond market and government finance schemes. (Gosh, it's good to be a bond trader at the NY Fed).

So, silver is at the bottom of the influence totem pole, and is influenced by industrial demand and mining output, in addition to banker and COMEX manipulation if you care to include that factor as well.

To predict where silver is headed is would require that we know more data than there is to know in an opaque market that is subservient to so many other variables as to make it un-analyzable.

To consider silver an investment, you would have to know the supply & demand dynamics in some detail, and be able to project a rate of return based on known data. The real data is simply unavailable.

Hence, the answer to your questions is, the price of silver may have bottomed out, but maybe it has not. ;)

Use physical silver as a hedge against government and banking malfeasance, and speculate in silver at your own risk.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

I hope so. I want to buy more...13.00 would be nice.

I already have invested a great deal in Silver. I want the price to go up.