Home U.S. Coin Forum

Thoughts/Opinions on this Capped Bust H10C...

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks in advance... apologies for the crappy pics!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments

• NSPNSP Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks to be a very nice VF+ to XF. Its die marriage appears to be LM-2, R1. Nice coin!

http://www.everythinghalfdimes.com/1834-obverse-2-marriages.html

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday's VF-30, which might be today's EF-40. Nice coin!

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old school...30.

• RayboRaybo Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the schmutch!

• TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it.

But when I opened the thread, I thought, "Someone is going to badmouth it." Sometimes, this place doesn't appreciate coins in a "well circulated state."

I'm heartened to see that there are good reviews. ;)

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, original surfaces with honest wear; I'll call it a VF35.

• ldhairldhair Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll go with VF. Perfect coin for a Dansco.

Larry

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Following a span of years from 1806 to 1828, when no half dimes were minted, the Capped Bust style was introduced in 1829. The design is quite similar to that used on the dime from 1809 to 1837, by John Reich, and was modified from that source by William Kneass, Mint engraver.
    ;)

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd say 35. No matter the grade, it's a nice original example.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• jughead1893jughead1893 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭✭✭

• dan_marinellidan_marinelli Posts: 195 ✭✭✭

I like the coin! Well, I like pretty much anything capped bustish that isn't destroyed by too much cleaning, and even then I could get to liking them!

Successful transactions here and ATS with: jwitten, Rob41281, bajjerfan, cucamongacoin, Jim F., physics-fan3.14, x2rider, Wahoo554, Weather11am, Relaxn, jimineez1, Ronyahski, Bliggity, SurfinxHI, McGrump (thru BAJJERFAN), ms71, Downtown1974, ad4400

• goldengolden Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

35 here.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks everyone. .. I like it at 35 as well. It's a bit on the low end grade wise for my type set, but I liked the fields and the darker toning didn't bug me.

Speaking of toning... what appears as "green" in my pics is actually more of a blue steel tone. The devices have a bit of flash in the recesses as well.

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin is sitting pretty in that dansco. No dings, narfs or scrapes. Nice. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz, Twobitcollector,Jesbroken

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was in an older holder like the OGH, it would be AU50 or so. Today.........XF40.

Nice coin!

• ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't kick her out of the album, nice original looking coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file