Home U.S. Coin Forum

Does anyone know where Conder101 is? Dead end thread.

OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 1, 2019 10:23AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I still have the CD version of his book. I would like to share it with forum members, but not without his permission. If someone knows his whereabouts and he gives his blessing, I will post the files for all to access.

Cheers

Bob

Comments

• KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

He is banned from these forums but I believe he is active on Cointalk. I believe he has said before he does not want the whole book disseminated, but I may be wrong.

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

He still posts ATS, I asked my question about the generations book there a few days ago but got no response which is why I asked here now.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

He’s also active on CCF.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf said:
    He still posts ATS, I asked my question about the generations book there a few days ago but got no response which is why I asked here now.

Try CoinTalk. I sent him a PM a few weeks ago and he responded within a day.

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭

I still have a copy of the book. Still pull it out and read it from time to time.

imageimage

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that a reference that is normally for sale ?

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thebeav said:
    Is that a reference that is normally for sale ?

I purchased it from him in 2003. I don't know if it is still available.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the book and CD had a very limited print. I have a copy of both and obtained them in 2003.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2019 10:00AM

I just bought a print cd but not the book from david schwagner a few months ago in 2019. Sorry I had the wrong author,

• nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

One of the banned members that should be allowed to come back in my opinion. He posts on the NGC forums still. I know a few of the more popular banned members were recently contacted to be reinstated here, I wonder if conder101 was reached out to?

If he is still actively selling the book, then this issue is dead. As nice as he is, I can't imagine him allowing someone to "share" his copyrighted works that he is still marketing.

Cheers

Bob

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Outhaul said:
    If he is still actively selling the book, then this issue is dead. As nice as he is, I can't imagine him allowing someone to "share" his copyrighted works that he is still marketing.

Cheers

Bob

Edit the title of the thread to "Bring back conder101" start a movement while you have everyone's attention B)

edited March 1, 2019 5:43AM

I don't know what transpired many years ago to provoke his "BANNED" status, but it surely must be water under the bridge by now.

His knowledge is encyclopedic and he was a considerable asset to the forums.

Cheers

Bob

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would definitely support his return to the forum.... He is very knowledgeable and always provided valuable inputs. Cheers, RickO

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Outhaul said:

Cheers

Bob

I don’t know where that info came from, but I don’t believe he is selling the book. I recently saw someone offering to pay $200 for the book. As far as I can tell, the book is just as rare as some of the slabs that are discussed in it.

Now there is a book about sample slabs that David Schwager released recently (there are now two editions). That is available in print and CD.

• TomBTomB Posts: 20,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I recall correctly, which I may or may not, his parting from the PCGS boards was something like a mutual agreement.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    If I recall correctly, which I may or may not, his parting from the PCGS boards was something like a mutual agreement.

That is what I had heard, also, that he did not want to come back.

• GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

@Outhaul said:

Cheers

Bob

I don’t know where that info came from, but I don’t believe he is selling the book. I recently saw someone offering to pay $200 for the book. As far as I can tell, the book is just as rare as some of the slabs that are discussed in it.

Now there is a book about sample slabs that David Schwager released recently (there are now two editions). That is available in print and CD.

I stand corrected it was david schwager cd I bought I was the one who said it and will update my post.

@JBK said:

@TomB said:

That is what I had heard, also, that he did not want to come back.

So, this thread is dead.Too bad.

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ANA library has a copy of Conder's book which can be borrowed if you are a member.
    The book itself is out of print.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

I remember when he talked about writing that book and then it finally came out. No rush to buy it, I thought.

Maybe he can start a Go Fund Me or a Kickstarter campaign to get the capital to do a new edition.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

what a bummer he got bammed. I hope he makes it back

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of the problem with a 2nd edition is that he lost all the files in a computer accident. It makes a 2nd edition a daunting project.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

@BStrauss3 said:
    Part of the problem with a 2nd edition is that he lost all the files in a computer accident. It makes a 2nd edition a daunting project.

:o:s

Can't he just use the CD to recreate it? Or just burn a bunch of extra copies?

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

Conder assisted me when I first began collecting Conder tokens. He was generous with his knowledge.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file