Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another very cool piece to share - a 1000 grain sterling silver of JFK

KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone seen or have one?

Comments

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

THAT is a really cool piece? Provenance? So much detail. And as for the reverse, perhaps a bit TOO detailed? Looks like he is taking a wizz... ;)
    Thanks for sharing!

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting, 64.8 grams. A lot of detail went into that portrait.

What is that on the inside rim circumference? More noticeable on reverse.

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KollectorKing said:
    Anyone seen or have one?

.......of those to whom much is given much is required.

That's Luke 12:48 and not this Kennedy BTW. hmmm

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:
    THAT is a really cool piece? Provenance? So much detail. And as for the reverse, perhaps a bit TOO detailed? Looks like he is taking a wizz... ;)
    Thanks for sharing!

..........coconuts!

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seem to remember receiving a mailing for this piece back when it was issued. Sometime in the decade of the 1970s. Franklin Mint, Gilroy Roberts.

The book says it was sculpted to mark the 10th Anniversary of Kennedy's death. So perhaps one of my parents got that mailing.

31,171 issued at a price of $25 (c'est beaucoup d'argent en 1973).

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not think it looks like JFK at all... very poor semblance....as for the reverse.... :/ Cheers, RickO

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mom was in the Peace Corps from 1962 - 1964. I have a letter to her from JFK with that exact same autopen signature on it.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are hard to find now, but mine was a bargain at only $2 about five years ago:

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many today would do well to read and embrace the reverse quotation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file