Home Sports Talk
Options

Have you ever heard of "Orchids of Asia Day Spa" in Jupiter, Florida??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is all gonna change as of today. B)

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

the staff doesn't look all that attractive in the mug shots . Pass :D

• Options

:o

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tiger got DUI busted in Jupiter. Probably a bad place to stay away from.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Tiger got DUI busted in Jupiter. Probably a bad place to stay away from.

Tiger is buddies with kraft , he probably hooked bobby up with the happy ending place

• Options

big time wall street guys are on the list with bob , this will be a riot :D

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Septagenarian, Octagenarian, Nonagenarian, Decagenarian and older males apparently still have a biological, physiological and/or psychological need to get some recreation by acts of procreation.

As long as the participants are consenting adults, who cares.

Just spare me the details and do not broadcast audio or visual recordings of their time together.

• Options
    45isodd45isodd Posts: 206 ✭✭✭

You do understand that a victim of sex trafficking would not fit the definition of “consenting adult”, right?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@45isodd said:
    You do understand that a victim of sex trafficking would not fit the definition of “consenting adult”, right?

You do understand that a Consenting Adult would not fit the definition of “Victim” right??

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do. If Kraft is involved in patronizing a sex trafficking operation toss him in jail.

• Options

You do understand that a Consenting Adult would not fit the definition of “Victim” right??

The spa is being investigated for sex trafficking, that is a fact.

• Options

@45isodd said:

The spa is being investigated for sex trafficking, that is a fact.

All of us here understand this. The question is did Kraft understand this? If he did then by all means smoke him, trust me we are all on the same page with this.

• Options

I'd like to hear Kraft answer questions about this at a very serious press conference

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    I'd like to hear Kraft answer questions about this at a very serious press conference

Yea lol he would sound just like Brady when asked questions, dodging the question with a scripted answer that goes right around what is really being asked 😂

• Options

Here’s an excerpt from the New York Times, and it paints a very bleak picture of what these women went through when they arrived in the U.S.

Beyond the lurid celebrity connection, however, lies the wretched story of women who the police believe were brought from China under false promises of new lives and legitimate spa jobs. Instead, they found themselves trapped in the austere back rooms of strip-mall brothels — trafficking victims trapped among South Florida’s rich and famous.

“I don’t believe they were told they were going to work in massage parlors seven days a week, having unprotected sex with up to 1,000 men a year,” said Sheriff William D. Snyder of Martin County, whose office opened the investigation. “We saw them eating on hot plates in the back. There were no washing machines. They were sleeping on the massage tables.”

The women were shuttled from place to place — not only to nearby parlors but also across the state, said Sheriff Snyder. Sheriff’s deputies in Orange County, Fla., became involved in the investigation when women from the state’s Treasure Coast region were traced back to the Orlando area.

• Options

@45isodd said:
    Here’s an excerpt from the New York Times, and it paints a very bleak picture of what these women went through when they arrived in the U.S.

Beyond the lurid celebrity connection, however, lies the wretched story of women who the police believe were brought from China under false promises of new lives and legitimate spa jobs. Instead, they found themselves trapped in the austere back rooms of strip-mall brothels — trafficking victims trapped among South Florida’s rich and famous.

“I don’t believe they were told they were going to work in massage parlors seven days a week, having unprotected sex with up to 1,000 men a year,” said Sheriff William D. Snyder of Martin County, whose office opened the investigation. “We saw them eating on hot plates in the back. There were no washing machines. They were sleeping on the massage tables.”

The women were shuttled from place to place — not only to nearby parlors but also across the state, said Sheriff Snyder. Sheriff’s deputies in Orange County, Fla., became involved in the investigation when women from the state’s Treasure Coast region were traced back to the Orlando area.

Just like chinese retaurants then.

the idea that theres any legitimate spa jobs should be the first red flag.

• Options

And again the question still is unanswered if Kraft knew about this or not.

• Options

There is no such thing as a legitimate spa anywhere . Oh we put an oatmeal mask on your face to exfoliate you and its only 300 dollars :D

A spa is slightly less legitimate than a dog psychiatrist

Or a person who knows all about the healing power of crystals

Copper wristbands that cure arthritis

I could go on but y'all get the point

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lawyer and a former law enforcement agent both think prostitution is ok. Paid sex between two consenting adults. I’m ok with it as well if it wasn’t against the law. If it’s lawful then there is no discussion

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    And again the question still is unanswered if Kraft knew about this or not.

I don't know how you would prove or disprove this.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

There is no such thing as a legitimate spa anywhere . Oh we put an oatmeal mask on your face to exfoliate you and its only 300 dollars :D

A spa is slightly less legitimate than a dog psychiatrist

Or a person who knows all about the healing power of crystals

Copper wristbands that cure arthritis

I could go on but y'all get the point

Damn I thought those copper wristbands worked! :o:/B)

• Options

This forum is a hoot. Some guys here think that a young, inexperienced guy in his twenties could mastermind a huge settlement from the NFL just by taking a knee, while those same guys think that a billionaire, with decades of knowledge in the business world and all the intel at his disposal, would be naive enough not to know what he was walking into when he went through the spa doors. Does that about sum it up?

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019 3:38AM

Well, for those interested in getting an education on just how bad this all really is, I would recommend Misha Glenny’s McMafia , one of the better non fiction books I have ever read.

The subject of the book is the rise and interconnectedness of global organized crime in the aftermath of the fall of the USSR.

It reads like a page turning novel and follows a reporters journey through the criminal underworld on 6 continents. I guess he couldn’t crack the code of Penguin Omertà...

@perkdog - You reference a background in law enforcement pretty often. First, thanks for your service. Second, I’m mainly thinking of you here with this book recommendation (though it does apply to everyone reading, too) as I think you’d really enjoy it. Just a first class, well written book that helps explain just how these syndicates form, compete, cooperate and ‘franchise’ their operations, infiltrate governments and growth their wealth. I’ve often felt this already successful book (which inspired a so-so TV series) would have been even more successful with a more informative or descriptive title. I can’t tell you how many people I talked to about this book said, ‘I heard of that one; it’s about McDonalds (or the Irish mob), right?

Carjacking, sex trafficking, gambling, protection, drugs - every topic covered, explained and put in understandable human terms.

Great read...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Hi Tim, no need to thank me for my service but I do appreciate it just the same. I might give that book a look, thanks for posting

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Hi Tim, no need to thank me for my service but I do appreciate it just the same. I might give that book a look, thanks for posting

Everyone should thank those who serve the community. Teachers, firefighters, police, armed forces, prison guards, judges, public defenders and government officials.

Each and every one has group members who suck. Every group does! But these are the folks who keep the country going.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@perkdog said:

Everyone should thank those who serve the community. Teachers, firefighters, police, armed forces, prison guards, judges, public defenders and government officials.

Each and every one has group members who suck. Every group does! But these are the folks who keep the country going.

Your a good man Tim 🍻

• Options

I actually have a niece who worked at an infamous spa , in Easton Mass . It was called the spine stop and it was raided under similar circumstances a decade or so ago. She was actually underage at the time , she was an addict , oxycontin and later heroin :( she took the job to pay for her habit . The spine stop catered to a lot of local politicians , police chiefs , the whole bit , a lot of the girls were underage and nothing ever happened to any of the Johns. It all just went away conveniently , she got in more trouble than the owners or the clients . It did get her put in rehab for the first of dozens of times but it never worked . Shes in jail now , in Florida of all places .

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    I actually have a niece who worked at an infamous spa , in Easton Mass . It was called the spine stop and it was raided under similar circumstances a decade or so ago. She was actually underage at the time , she was an addict , oxycontin and later heroin :( she took the job to pay for her habit . The spine stop catered to a lot of local politicians , police chiefs , the whole bit , a lot of the girls were underage and nothing ever happened to any of the Johns. It all just went away conveniently , she got in more trouble than the owners or the clients . It did get her put in rehab for the first of dozens of times but it never worked . Shes in jail now , in Florida of all places .

I think that this is why places like this are illegal as well as prostitution. Could be wrong

Sad story and I’m sorry

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@bronco2078 said:

I think that this is why places like this are illegal as well as prostitution. Could be wrong

Sad story and I’m sorry

m

Three family members got sucked into the opoid thing , all are still alive , she is the only one that is in jail the other two are 5 years clean and look like they may be ok. That one will get out of jail and a week later be back in for something else.

• Options

Bronco not that it’s any consolation but when my father got home from Vietnam in 1969 he was a heroin junkie, OD’ed a few times and all that until he quit for good in 1974. People can change so there is always hope, best of luck with your family

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Bronco not that it’s any consolation but when my father got home from Vietnam in 1969 he was a heroin junkie, OD’ed a few times and all that until he quit for good in 1974. People can change so there is always hope, best of luck with your family

Today clean cut college students shoot H.

But, In 1969 the only guys that shot smack were low life skid row bums, convicted felons, gangbangers, and unfortunately soldiers like your dad, that got hooked in Nam. It was considered the 'bottom of the barrel' drug back then.

• Options

She started with Oxy , but at 80 bucks a pill that doesn't last very long before you have to switch to heroin . Heroin is cheaper now than it was in the 60's . 5 or 10 bucks was a lot of money back then .

Coincidentally the whole heroin resurgence started very shortly after we decided to invade Afghanistan . We are right there in the place it comes from and have pissed away billions there and somehow business is booming!

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@45isodd said:

And the cops sat back and watched all this for 6 or 7 months just to get the right evidence?

Story does not add up.

• Options

Story does not add up

money is power, does that add up for you??? it explains a lot and there's this thing called "payola" that finds its way into the mix. Kraft went back at least twice and it's safe to infer two things: someone in his "circle" led him there and he knew full well what was going on.

my Dad always used to say "Ignorance of the Law is no excuse" and that sort of applies here.

• Options

I saw it all the time in the correctional facility I worked at, young kids OD’ing. It’s the same sad story kids starting off messing around with “Lighter” drugs and it gets to a point where they can’t afford pills ect and they buy cheaper Heroin and they get hooked just like that, problem is now they often mix in fentanyl which a few crumbs can kill you. Narcam saves people but to often emergency responders are to late. People get Narcam’ed sometimes 3 times in a day, that’s the another side of trafficking that people don’t realize, these pimps use the proceeds to fund larger drug operations.