ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 21, 2019 8:17AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    edited February 20, 2019 8:41PM

Will announce the PRIZE in later date <3

It's on US Mint back order ;)

I posted prematurely but its coming ......

Share your take on your contribution here or what you enjoyed most being a member
    and Post your FAV ever coin :)

• Options

Oh, and contribution?

Other than singing the praises of British hammered to anyone who will listen, I have given the more knowledgeable contributors a chance to share their knowledge by asking questions. :)

• Options

This WILL definitely BEAN!

@1Mike1 said:

@Paradisefound said:
    I earned my LOLs :) & here is my 2018 FAV :)

I just noticed yours isn't CAC approved. :o>:)

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2019 12:26PM

@TopoftheHill said:
    I've been looking for a great Isabella that fit my budget. Finally found one:

"that fit my budget" ??!??

Do they come any nicer than that one at any price? :)

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurboSnail said:
    It has to be this coin I purchased from Canadian mint two years ago

Why? You might had ask. I made it to a pendant as a birthday present to my little one on Valentines day.

Two years later, ,my little princess who is able to eat 3 full plates of snow crabs at the age of 4, still considers this necklace as her most precious belonging . (picture taken during our quick lunch two days ago) :D:D:D

You took a collector coin out of OGP and made it into jewelry?!?! :s:# Isn't that illegal? :D

The truth is, that is not a bad way to go. Sort of puts it into perspective. There are plenty of others sealed up in OGP but only one that is hanging around your daughter's neck as a favorite possession.

3 plates of snow crabs?! :o

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@TurboSnail said:
    It has to be this coin I purchased from Canadian mint two years ago

Why? You might had ask. I made it to a pendant as a birthday present to my little one on Valentines day.

Two years later, ,my little princess who is able to eat 3 full plates of snow crabs at the age of 4, still considers this necklace as her most precious belonging . (picture taken during our quick lunch two days ago) :D:D:D

You took a collector coin out of OGP and made it into jewelry?!?! :s:# Isn't that illegal? :D

The truth is, that is not a bad way to go. Sort of puts it into perspective. There are plenty of others sealed up in OGP but only one that is hanging around your daughter's neck as a favorite possession.

3 plates of snow crabs?! :o

Yes.THREE full plates of crab legs plus half plate of shrimps. I normally buy four 1 1/4 lb lobsters every few weeks. One each for my wife, both daughters and me. And guess who would always have the first dip. lol

• Options
    Apollo3Apollo3 Posts: 40
    edited February 20, 2019 4:14PM

Very possibly this could be the finest example on the Planet. I really lucked out; This metal glows inda dark
    in palms!!! I truly think it's a gift from GOD!!!t Now you know I'm crazy! And won the auction for 44 and change. Will never sell, even for a Mill!!

• Options
    Apollo3Apollo3 Posts: 40
    edited February 21, 2019 2:24AM

Almost forgot, have 4 ov theses!!! So what if I paid a GRANT more than Mint prices. They Won't' deliver!!! Can't meet demand because only 100,000 allegedly being produced and demand id HIGH. It truly is a magnificent coin. I gonna sell one to a Doc 4 320, a real barkcin!!!

Wunder bar!!!

Tha big step!!!

• Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

My Contribution: I teach older numismatists about the internet.

I don’t have a favorite coin, but here is one of mine I like a lot.

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options

Very possibly this could be the finest example on the Planet. I really lucked out; This metal glows inda dark
    in palms!!! I think it's

@Onastone said:
    Another contest? Lightening rarely strikes twice but these strings are by far some of my favorites! What do I contribute here? I feel like a humble student in the presence of masters and try to learn as much as I can! There is much knowledge to be learned here, that's for sure. Favorite coin? Here's a shot of my first gold coin, and I used to think it was pretty nice, but the longer I see everyone elses photos, I see it's actually pretty rough. And why is the 4 so much thicker than the other numbers in the date???

Don;t underestimate UR SELF!!! The potentials R infintmint!!!!

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I offer friendship, enthusiasm and advice, when I can.

I have a lot of favorites, so I'll just post one.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options

;)

@Onastone said:

............... And why is the 4 so much thicker than the other numbers in the date???

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KindaNewish said:
    I just absorb what you guys here offer.

If you ever decide to sell this, please contact me.

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KindaNewish said:
    I just absorb what you guys here offer.

I have a set of the slabbed ones.

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Paradisefound - I'll see your play, and LOWER you 2... :p Finally got my real HIGH Lady after your flaunting yours so much! Recent spoils of eBay Bucks! Yeah, maybe a victim of DV - pay no attention to that face scar... NOW we may have to have a CACS-OFF (no gagging) between us!! [I'm not in this for prize, please pass on me, give to someone mo' deserving!]

As for contributions, I'm a Jack of All, Master of None, but purveyor of common sense and sometimes just an old fart (which I'm best) that's still learning after 50 years about the trade. Now tell me, just who is PCGS? AND...thanks of course to your continued generosity! -W

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file