Free money

cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2019 9:10PM

"Stockton, once dubbed “America’s foreclosure capital,” was the largest city to seek bankruptcy protection before Detroit’s 2013 filing."

Gee, wonder why?

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Stockton?! Ugh... yuck.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh boy !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

It will be interesting to see the results and conclusions of this study. Given the choice between bailing out mega corps or giving money to the people, this seems like the better solution. Seeing as trickle down economics is a joke.

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasn't Stockton the city with hundreds of retired firefighters drawing $100k+ pensions with full benefits for life? Some were as young as 50 if I recall correctly.

• Options
    edited February 17, 2019 10:52AM

@VanHalen said:
    Wasn't Stockton the city with hundreds of retired firefighters drawing $100k+ pensions with full benefits for life? Some were as young as 50 if I recall correctly.

Yup. Then they revamped the pensions and Stockton is good now. The same will happen with jmski's concerns of unfunded pension liabilities.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-stockton-bankruptcy-cause-idUSBRE8621DL20120703

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spiked Pensions, Bogus over time. It's good to work for government. But wait it gets better. Many claim disability ( sore back, stress, etc.) final year working so Pension is Not Taxed.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2019 11:03AM

SEED ? Like a sperm cell without an egg.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would give me dignity to have $12,000 per year

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pure stupidity of this program boggles the mind.....I cannot imagine the depth of ignorance that not only authored such a program, but supported it into reality. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    The pure stupidity of this program boggles the mind.....I cannot imagine the depth of ignorance that not only authored such a program, but supported it into reality. Cheers, RickO

Dont we already have such a program on a national scale?

• Options

@cohodk.... Technically, yes... just not as blatant. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @cohodk.... Technically, yes... just not as blatant. Cheers, RickO

So perhaps this transparency is what's needed?

• Options

@cohodk....Transparency?? More like education... sadly lacking in our institutions of learning. Politicians will do what the people allow/tolerate....Only an educated electorate can change that. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oldstandardoldstandard Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2019 12:55PM

They offer many programs like that out there we had family grow up in Stockton they were happy to leave it is a dump, when we would visit we loved taking the country roads out past Linden up to Sonora sad California is so beautiful. They offer many car fix it programs as well but I think they cap at $250. The one thing that surprised me was the amount of Single men in ages of 25 to 35 that could qualify for assistance, it seems like a big thing out there is to work under the table and claim disability. I really do not think they know how to handle what they have created sad for all of those great Californians out there but for now they love to act like they do free free free.