Home U.S. Coin Forum

Fake half cent?

Is the profile thrown off from wear or am I right to be sceptical? I know its not really up to this board's standards but we all have to start somewhere! Thank you for your insights.

Comments

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a story about that piece.
    Wish I knew what it was.
    Looks genuine to me.
    Welcome

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks almost dead center and an interesting one indeed @Son_Son .... welcome to CU family B)

• Thank you both.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Son_Son... Welcome aboard.....The coin looks genuine... Good luck with your new hobby... Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in the day, nothing made a better washer or spacer than a coin. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is probably a genuine coin but, because of its low face value, was put to other use at some time in the distant past. It might have been used as a replacement for a piece of drawer hardware. The odd look is caused by damage to the coin's surface.

All glory is fleeting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file