I still have a good eye, look what I found today.

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spotted this in the middle of the road, in a puddle, driving 40 mph.
Happy day. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, "sweet", congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭✭

Double Nice. And your bumper sticker reads "I break for cash". ;)

• A couple weeks ago my wife and I went to a State Park to do some kayaking. After getting the kayaks ready to launch, we took turns walking to the head in final preparations. I cut through a hurricane Michael ravaged picnic area on my way back to the launch ramp, there sitting in the middle of the picnic area laying on the dirt, was a fresh $20.00 bill. No one anywhere in site. Strange, but made for a happy kayaking trip!

Oh how I LOVE this hobby!
    photo MyLogosupermini_zpsq54idgrz.jpg

Freedom isn't free, we must protect it. Many Thanks to all those in the U.S. Military and Law Enforcement, past and present, for taking lead in that fight.

Current equipment: Whites DFX 300; Tesoro Tiger Shark; Minelab CTX 3030.
    Pin-ponters: Garrett Propointer AT; Minelab Pro Find 35

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭

way cool, congrats

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good eye and nice catch!

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pocketpiececommems said:
    Double Nice. And your bumper sticker reads "I break for cash". ;)

I made a u-turn to see if it was what I thought it was, passed it and made another u-turn, slowed, put hazard lights on, opened door, scooped it up, closed door and continued on my way. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭

Good catch! Good thing you didn't get rear ended :o

email: [email protected]

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just a plain old $20, throw it back! Peace Roy

• rickoricko Posts: 63,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great find... congratulations....Cheers, RickO

• stevekstevek Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess it was around three years ago, late afternoon, very windy day around 40 degrees. Not a good day to go food shopping and lug around groceries. But I really needed some items so off I went.

I drive to the local supermarket and park the car. The parking lot was fairly empty due to the weather. I'm just looking out the window ready to get out of the car, when I see a bill being blown up and down by the wind around ten yards from me. I couldn't tell the denomination.

I knew with the strong wind it was going to take some work to grab it, and figuring it was likely a dollar bill, along with the cold weather, I pretty much decided to just let it go. Could have even been one of those worthless advertising dollars, printed in green ink and the same size as money that sort of looks like money.

Of course you see it coming...like going past a Coinstar machine and always looking in the reject bin, even though nothing good is ever in there, I just couldn't help myself and decided to go after the bill.

It took literally around a minute to track it down. The wind gave me a very hard time, but I finally got it. And my first thought was all this work for a lousy dollar bill or advertising garbage. Well lo and behold, it wasn't a one dollar bill, 5 dollar bill or 10 dollar bill, but a beautiful 20 dollar bill. I was happy.

And like the incorrigible greedy bastige that I am, i figured that perhaps there are more? So i walked around the parking lot, and even walked all around the building figuring perhaps some were blown against the wall and stuck there, but alas no more to be found.

My best guess as to how it happened, was there are some self-service gas stations nearby. I figure someone had their wallet open, and a sudden gust of strong wind blew the bill out of their hand and took it away up in the air so quickly, they figured it was pointless to go after it. Especially with your automobile sitting there.

So anyway, i got some exercise and a $20 reward, and had some fun doing it. Not bad. :)

• bobsrbobsr Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

Hey check the serial number if it ends in 6573C, I lost that out of my pocket at gas station the other day. P.M me for address to return it to. P.S. no reward offered
    Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs

• rickoricko Posts: 63,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great story... I would have chased it down too.... Something about money blowing around makes me curious....I got to get it.... Cheers, RickO

• JimWJimW Posts: 27 ✭✭✭

Spend it wisely :)