Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Catawiki auctions

coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received an email about an auction site that I've never heard of before called Catawiki. Anyone have any info on this auction site or used it before?

My Lincoln Registry
My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

They seem to be a general auction site....https://www.catawiki.com/ - and have many categories including coins. I have not bid on any of their products. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it too.
    I wonder what incentive PCGS had for the promo.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2019 5:01PM

It's a catchy name for sure ..... I thought I would get on a journey to a far away atoll B)

• Options
    AbueloAbuelo Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought with them months ago. I think they are in Europe.

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yorkshireman said:
    Got it too.
    I wonder what incentive PCGS had for the promo.

$$$$?

I'm guessing it costs a pretty penny to get direct access to the PCGS user base. And probably worth it, given the interest generated for a previously "unknown" auction site here.

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I assumed PCGS got hacked.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    EScott83EScott83 Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

Awesome! Another entity that holds sellers money ransom. Yay!

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a PCGS member and got no such advertisement. Didn't hack my name, yet.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got it too. Did not seem to have any US coins listed.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will just wait and see if they make offers that will improve my Registry Sets.........

OINK

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird, I don't have any foreign coins at all no reason for PCGS to send me an email about an auction site that is non US coin related. Delete and move on I guess, good to see I wasn't the only one to get the email.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2019 7:01AM

@heatherboyd may have some insight.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2019 7:05AM

@Dave99B said:
    I assumed PCGS got hacked.

Dave.

I received this as well...or was this part of the fine print...facebook, instagram, etc... for the 10 days contest...all those who entered are now subject to spamming?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the PCGS Privacy Policy.....

"Your email address and any Personal Information will not be distributed or shared with third parties unless it is to transact such business as you have contracted us to do, to comply with any legal processes and/or law enforcement requests, or in order to conduct any business as we, in our sole subjective discretion, deem reasonable."

I guess it was deemed reasonable?

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file