Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Grading thoughts, color?

Hey all! Hope everyone is staying warm. Please see the pictures attached. I would like to know everyones thoughts on the coin in terms of grade and if it is considered brown, red/brown/red. I am still learning and like to hear from the community.

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too much light on the coins to tell from your pictures!

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks brown

• Options

How about these. I try and get close but it may cause more trouble than good.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tough pics to take a grade stab....but I'll say 64/64+ BN, perhaps RB

• Options

Any suggestions on taking better pictures?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you remove coin from the holder. That plastic sheet is not helping the lighting. Btw, the rev looks 64-65 to me. And brown.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't tell much from the photos. They have been heavily manipulated by your toy phone's software, so much of the original color and tone are lost or distorted.

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

Looks red on my monitor

• Options

Here are some more. Outside of the holder.

• Options

I agree the phone does make it difficult, but I don't have much more of an option.

• Options

Ok, I think these should help some. Let me know if this helps more.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in the 63RB camp....nice cent you have there.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

Thank you! Just glad it is not cleaned! :'(

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

64rb

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pics are not good enough to be sure, the last set are the best but are still pixilated and tough to see the coins surface and luster clearly. There is enough detail and the strike is good enough for as high as MS65RB depending on what the coin looks like in hand. The 1925 P is not a difficult coin to find well struck and with nice color so even those graded as high as MS66 are inexpensive (graded MS65RB's sell at auction for around $60-70) and easy to find. Here is my PCGS coin graded MS66RD for comparison.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options

Thank you all!

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree the last pics are the best - looks to be original, R&B 63, outside shot 64 (seems to have just a little chatter on the obverse).

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pics not withstanding, the coin looks red (you should be able to tell red/brown) and luster appears original. The coin looks to be suitable for encapsulation as MS 65 RD.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    LJenkins11LJenkins11 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever you adjusted to take your last set of pictures go with those from now on at a minimum. Nice looking cent.

• Options
    Josh32Josh32 Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

64rb

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

From your latest photos, the coin is RB. However, the technical grade is not possible to determine form your photos. But your coin looks to be 64-66B. You should consider having PCGS grade it and share the results on this thread.

PCGS expert opinion will give you a good baseline. Or if you do not have PCGS graded Lincoln cents you can always buy a similar year MS64-65 BN for comparison with your coin....not much money and maybe much less than grading fees on your coin.

OINK

OINK

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Red brown

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on your last pictures, I would say RB and 63/64....Still some luster visible...mostly on the reverse. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file