Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1974 "D" penny

I have a 1974 "D" penny in good shape. I have taken a look at the penny and I think I have found some errors on the penny, but I'm not for sure. So I'm asking for some expert advice on finding out if this coin is actually worth something or not. I do have pictures of this penny from front to back, and enhanced.

Comments

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2019 7:33PM

Yea, its the one they call "the clipped tip". See it on the end of the 7?

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options

Yes I do. Is it worth anything?

• Options

Worth a cent. Nothing special.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

• Options

I see. But what about the "AM" touching?

• Options

Do you have any others that do not look like this one? If you do, can you show a photo of them?

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone needs to use the Google and read up on close AM vs wide AM and the involved years. IMO. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Shadow41 said:
    I see. But what about the "AM" touching?

If you are interested in learning about close and wide AM cents, read this lincolncentcollection.com/closeamwideam.html and view more photos of 1974 D Lincolns. The photo below is a close up of a 1974 D I borrowed from PCGS coin facts. Hope this helps you.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing special with that cent.... Keep looking though, it is how we learn... well, that and reference material. You should get the Cherry Pickers Guide... It will help you in your searches. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file