Will Silver go over 16 tonight overseas ?????????????????

Any thoughts about this little run up??

«1

Comments

  • maplemanmapleman Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hope so.

  • BaleyBaley Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Not enough question marks.

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Yes. WTH

    Waiting for the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Attention getters...…...

  • OPAOPA Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

    nope

    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

    How great would it be if it went back to last years high??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????


    Excuses are tools of the ignorant
    Knowledge is the enemy of fear
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don't mind the question marks :)

  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭✭

    $15.99 ask.

  • 16.02 At 10 15 CST

  • BaleyBaley Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Once it triples it will make a new high, for a day or two.... then back to the cost to mine plus the cute gimmick artistic certificate velvet and wood premium

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 36,770 ✭✭✭✭✭

    $16.00 ask at 4:45 EST.

  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

    $15.91 at 7:10 a.m. Eastern Time.

    Kind regards,

    George

    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2019 6:24AM

    Jan 30 2019 8:22AM NY Time
    Bid/Ask 15.86 15.96
    Low/High 15.80 16.05

    It did "crack" $16 for a short period of time.

    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 40,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That's the ceiling. It isn't going through the roof , or even in the attic any time soon, in my opinion and life's experience.

  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭✭

    @Baley said:
    Once it triples it will make a new high, for a day or two.... then back to the cost to mine plus the cute gimmick artistic certificate velvet and wood premium

    Get your kicks posting this type of comment on a PM forum? There must something you get out of it right?

  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Contrarian kicks is what he gets.
    Once in a while, I get it right. $16.

    Waiting for the swell in PM's and surf.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 27,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

    markets like the FED today. We'll see what lies ahead.

    All debt-based consumption steals from the future to gratify the present. It is tomorrow’s consumption pulled forward. It signs a perpetual check against an overdrawn future.

  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

    the Ask Price doesn't matter as much as the Bid Price.

    Once it triples it will make a new high, for a day or two.... then back to the cost to mine

    Not exactly the way that you to seem to think. First, it will spike and back off maybe 20%. Then it will seek it's new equilibrium. Then, depending on political and market conditions, and plus any attempts to control or manipulate the price - silver will become volatile and stay that way until one side or the other wins. Then, maybe 10 or 15 years later the cost to mine becomes relevant again, but by that time, the cost to mine will be considerably higher than now.

    Wash, rinse, repeat.

    plus the cute gimmick artistic certificate velvet and wood premium

    On this point, I must agree. I just got a solicitation from MCM to buy $79.90 melt value of overpriced foreign silver for the mere sum of $433.80. I wrote them back an epic reply, explaining to them exactly what I thought of their once in a lifetime offer.

    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 27,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

    FED mentioned a "patient policy." Something tells me they were speaking in medical terms.

    All debt-based consumption steals from the future to gratify the present. It is tomorrow’s consumption pulled forward. It signs a perpetual check against an overdrawn future.

  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 23,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

    will silver stay over 16 overnight?

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • I see a close Friday at 16.25...…..

  • OPAOPA Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MsMorrisine said:
    will silver stay over 16 overnight?

    maybe ... maybe not. ;)

    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 40,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TwoSides2aCoin said:
    That's the ceiling. It isn't going through the roof , or even in the attic any time soon, in my opinion and life's experience.

    Happy to state I was wrong.

    The new floor. Going up ?

  • derrybderryb Posts: 27,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Will come down when China trade deal is reached.

    All debt-based consumption steals from the future to gratify the present. It is tomorrow’s consumption pulled forward. It signs a perpetual check against an overdrawn future.

  • cladkingcladking Posts: 26,324 ✭✭✭✭

    The question is will panic buying set in today or wait until the inflation numbers come out...

    Tempus fugit.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cladking said:
    The question is will panic buying set in today or wait until the inflation numbers come out...

    Why would there be any "panic buying" under your scenarios? Inflation is a way of life and has been with us since time began.

    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:
    Will come down when China trade deal is reached.

    Why?


    Excuses are tools of the ignorant
    Knowledge is the enemy of fear
  • cladkingcladking Posts: 26,324 ✭✭✭✭

    @OPA said:

    @cladking said:
    The question is will panic buying set in today or wait until the inflation numbers come out...

    Why would there be any "panic buying" under your scenarios? Inflation is a way of life and has been with us since time began.

    The debt is about to be whittled away through inflation. The signs aren't there because the markets are manipulated and micromanaged. They are choreographed and scripted. But their little shenanigans don't work on mommy nature and inflation is a consequence of the manipulations.

    The buying panic will set in as various entities realize they are headed for bankruptcy if the price of silver continues higher.

    Tempus fugit.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2019 9:59AM

    as various entities realize they are headed for bankruptcy if the price of silver continues higher

    Which entities might those be?


    Excuses are tools of the ignorant
    Knowledge is the enemy of fear
  • derrybderryb Posts: 27,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cohodk said:

    @derryb said:
    Will come down when China trade deal is reached.

    Why?

    because market confidence will return to DEFCON 5

    All debt-based consumption steals from the future to gratify the present. It is tomorrow’s consumption pulled forward. It signs a perpetual check against an overdrawn future.

  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 26,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Gold bounced off $1300 a few times before finally drifting higher. Silver might stay above $16.

    Live your life in such a way that the Preacher does not have to lie when you are dead.
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Ooo. Ooo! 16.02 now, awesome!
    Now 16.04, c'mon silver! So excited!

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Baley said:
    Ooo. Ooo! 16.02 now, awesome!
    Now 16.04, c'mon silver! So excited!

    I cant imagine how excited you will be when it gets to its 15 yr average price of 17.72.


    Excuses are tools of the ignorant
    Knowledge is the enemy of fear
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

    VERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • cladkingcladking Posts: 26,324 ✭✭✭✭

    @cohodk said:

    as various entities realize they are headed for bankruptcy if the price of silver continues higher

    Which entities might those be?

    Big banks, big finance, big government, and everyone selling silver they don't own.

    There are banks that charge people to store their silver for them but actually sold other peoples' property to sell short instead. Some will need to buy silver to stay out of prison.

    Meanwhile silver users will see most of the world silver supply do a reverse Midas touch and turn into paper. They can go belly up as well without a silver supply.

    Tempus fugit.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cladking said:

    @cohodk said:

    as various entities realize they are headed for bankruptcy if the price of silver continues higher

    Which entities might those be?

    Big banks, big finance, big government, and everyone selling silver they don't own.

    There are banks that charge people to store their silver for them but actually sold other peoples' property to sell short instead. Some will need to buy silver to stay out of prison.

    Oh. Ok.


    Excuses are tools of the ignorant
    Knowledge is the enemy of fear
  • OPAOPA Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Will it stay at above $16 for more than 2 days?

    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 23,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

    a little humor yes, but let's not make so much fun the OP feels insulted.

    ok, now that opens the door for me.

    @cohodk said:

    @Baley said:
    Ooo. Ooo! 16.02 now, awesome!
    Now 16.04, c'mon silver! So excited!

    I cant imagine how excited you will be when it gets to its 15 yr average price of 17.72.

    you mean overnight? I can't wait until tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 23,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @cladking said:

    Meanwhile silver users will see most of the world silver supply do a reverse Midas touch and turn into paper. They can go belly up as well without a silver supply.

    what silver users? jewelry, sterling, and as poor man's gold, but we have plenty to go around.

    what other silver users are there?

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 23,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @derryb said:

    @cohodk said:

    @derryb said:
    Will come down when China trade deal is reached.

    Why?

    because market confidence will return to DEFCON 5

    yeah. I've been wondering if the gold chase is back on due to the market selloff reasons. economic uncertainty is one of them.

    if gold seems to be working in some way, there will be those who chase the ride.

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2019 5:12AM

    Will come down when China trade deal is reached.

    I would think that a larger trade volume would support consumption and higher prices.

    as poor man's gold, but we have plenty to go around.
    what other silver users are there?

    Electronics. Solar.

    And, many cultures, including ours - still link silver to "money".

    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

    I knew it would happen.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Short lived $16 mark. What is the next level? $15.50 or back up to $16.

    My guess: $15.50

    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 40,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019 7:20AM

    @OPA said:
    Short lived $16 mark. What is the next level? $15.50 or back up to $16.

    My guess: $15.50

    it could stay between $15.75 and $15.95 for years. I can't tell if it's in the basement or it's through the roof.
    My guess is it's time for another monster box of silver American eagles dated 2019.

  • OPAOPA Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @TwoSides2aCoin said:

    @OPA said:
    Short lived $16 mark. What is the next level? $15.50 or back up to $16.

    My guess: $15.50

    it could stay between $15.75 and $15.95 for years. I can't tell if it's in the basement or it's through the roof.
    My guess is it's time for another monster box of silver American eagles dated 2019.

    Broke below $15.50 this AM. Next move?

    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @OPA said:

    Broke below $15.50 this AM. Next move?

    ??????????????????????????????????????

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • ashelandasheland Posts: 13,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

    :D

  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 23,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

    $15 first or 16 again?

    I don't have a guess

    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • OPAOPA Posts: 15,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @MsMorrisine said:
    $15 first or 16 again?

    I don't have a guess

    $15.75 first ;)

    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @OPA said:

    $15.75 first ;)

    $15.75?

    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

  • dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

    Watching the day to day metals market, is as exciting as getting a colonoscopy. As a stacker, I am more interested in 5 years down the road. I like buying in a he 14-16 range.

Sign In or Register to comment.