Home Sports Talk
Options

Hoping now for a Rams SB win.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing to do with Brady or the Pats.

It will keep the Saints fans stewing all winter.

:)

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why reward the team that probably shouldn’t be there?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

I’m positive there are millions of Raiders fans that say that about the 2002 Patriots. Bad calls ( even the worst of them) are part of the game.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some teams get a lot favorable calls. Other teams frequently get calls against them, that are usually not called. Rams fall into that latter category. The non call doesn't erase the decades of bad calls against the Rams, but it's a start.

Goff got over his jitters last week. He'll go 29 of 40 for 385 yards. Gurley and CJ combine for 175 yards.

Rams bring home the shiny object.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    Some teams get a lot favorable calls. Other teams frequently get calls against them, that are usually not called. Rams fall into that latter category. The non call doesn't erase the decades of bad calls against the Rams, but it's a start.

Goff got over his jitters last week. He'll go 29 of 40 for 385 yards. Gurley and CJ combine for 175 yards.

Rams bring home the shiny object.

All of those yards and no points? Pats win 3-0 on a Stephen Gostkowski Field Goal. The Rams get to keep their shiny object while Brady carries home the Vince Lombardi trophy. B)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

All of those yards and no points? Pats win 3-0 on a Stephen Gostkowski Field Goal. The Rams get to keep their shiny object while Brady carries home the Brady carries home the biggest cheater in the history of the NFL trophy. B)

fixed

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

I’m positive there are millions of Raiders fans that say that about the 2002 Patriots. Bad calls ( even the worst of them) are part of the game.

m

Most bad calls or no calls are calls that could go either way and not obvious either way. This no call was the most blatant no call I have ever seen, The receiver was totally destroyed before the ball got there...….and helmet to helmet to boot!!!!!

To shrug this off as no big deal....part of the game is crazy. This no call in front of not one but two officials actually cost the Saints the game.

• Options
    edited January 27, 2019 2:32PM

@hammer1 said:
    All of those yards and no points? Pats win 3-0 on a Stephen Gostkowski Field Goal. The Rams get to keep their shiny object while Brady carries home the The Rams paid off the refs to get into the SB. B)

fixed

No, Fixed. Literally.

• Options
    edited January 27, 2019 2:47PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

m

Most bad calls or no calls are calls that could go either way and not obvious either way. This no call was the most blatant no call I have ever seen, The receiver was totally destroyed before the ball got there...….and helmet to helmet to boot!!!!!

To shrug this off as no big deal....part of the game is crazy. This no call in front of not one but two officials actually cost the Saints the game.

I’m not shrugging it off at all. I literally commented on that huge break the Pats got and I’m a Pats fan.

The Rams got jobbed the drive before in the Saints game

There are no sure things that the Saints win with that call. No sure things at all. Ask Seattle fans (interception at the goal line in the Super Bowl). Ask Vikings fans ( missed 27 yard FG to set into the Super Bowl). Ask Cowboys fans ( botched snap)

No sure things at all

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@erikthredd said:

@hammer1 said:
    All of those yards and no points? Pats win 3-0 on a Stephen Gostkowski Field Goal. The Rams get to keep their shiny object while Brady carries home the The Rams paid off the refs to get into the SB. B)

fixed

No, Fixed. Literally.

Truth hurts you so much you have to make stuff up.

I win

LMAO

• Options

@hammer1 said:

@erikthredd said:

@hammer1 said:

fixed

No, Fixed. Literally.

Truth hurts you so much you have to make stuff up.

I win

LMAO

You're a winner alright. Make sure not to disappear after your Rams lose next weekend.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

m

I’m not shrugging it off at all. I literally commented on that huge break the Pats got and I’m a Pats fan.

There are no sure things that the Saints win with that call. No sure things at all. Ask Seattle fans (interception at the goal line in the Super Bowl). Ask Vikings fans ( missed 27 yard FG to set into the Super Bowl). Ask Cowboys fans ( botched snap)

No sure things at all

m

Come on Mark, The Saints would have the ball in the red zone with a minute 30 and tied 20-20. They run ball 3 times run the clock down to nothing......kick a FG.....GAME OVER!! I would put my Dime collection on that set up.

• Options

Undeniable truth: Brady carries home the biggest cheater in the history of the NFL trophy

Waiting for erik to rebut it

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

m

No sure things at all

m

Come on Mark, The Saints would have the ball in the red zone with a minute 30 and tied 20-20. They run ball 3 times run the clock down to nothing......kick a FG.....GAME OVER!! I would put my Dime collection on that set up.

Ask Seattle fans (interception at the goal line in the Super Bowl). Ask Vikings fans ( missed 27 yard FG to set into the Super Bowl). Ask Cowboys fans ( botched snap)

Im sure they all felt the same way. All would be wrong

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

m

No sure things at all

m

Ask Seattle fans (interception at the goal line in the Super Bowl). Ask Vikings fans ( missed 27 yard FG to set into the Super Bowl). Ask Cowboys fans ( botched snap)

m

Weak Mark...….WEAK!

• Options

@hammer1 said:
    Undeniable truth: Brady carries home the biggest cheater in the history of the NFL trophy

Bandwagon Rams fans aren't worth rebutting that argument with. Come back when you've been following your team for longer than just the three seasons they've been in LA.

• Options

Just as I said: No proof to contradict Brady is the biggest cheat in the NFL.

Thanks for playing sonny.

lol

• Options
    edited January 27, 2019 3:00PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@BillJones said:

m

No sure things at all

m

m

Weak Mark...….WEAK!

Why because it’s true?

Buster Douglas says hi.

The are no sure things in sports as in most things in life. Dwell on this Saints thing all you want

m

• Options

@hammer1 said:

I haven't really got a horse in this race, but how exactly is Brady a cheater? If you are referring to defategate you had better do some home work. In the second half after the balls were properly inflated the score got worse and worse in favor of NE.

Food for thought.....unless you are just another one of those haters. ;)

• Options

@hammer1 said:
    Just as I said: No proof to contradict Brady is the biggest cheat in the NFL.

Thanks for playing sonny.

lol

There are plenty of my recent comments here that are exactly what you're looking for so feel free to go read them. Or you can just start your own Brady hating circle jerk thread where you can keep whining about him with a few other guys here.
    Have fun homie.

• Options

.> @DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

I haven't really got a horse in this race, but how exactly is Brady a cheater? If you are referring to defategate you had better do some home work. In the second half after the balls were properly inflated the score got worse and worse in favor of NE.

Another noob.

Brady got suspended for four games, and Pats lost a first round pick for cheating.

Please brush up on your facts before posting.

You and eric are embarrassing yourselves.

Still unrefuted: Brady is the biggest cheater in the history of the NFL

• Options

@hammer1 said:

.> @DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

Another noob.

Brady got suspended for four games, and Pats lost a first round pick for cheating.

Please brush up on your facts before posting.

You and eric are embarrassing yourselves.

Still unrefuted: Brady is the biggest cheater in the history of the NFL

Wow you are really the one embarrassing yourself here. The only reason Brady was suspended was because of the spineless NFL Commish who wanted to appease all you haters even though he had no facts.

Wake up Dude!

• Options
    edited January 27, 2019 3:20PM

"_In another interesting twist, before the conference title game, Rams fans launched a petition to prevent Head referee Vinovich from working their team's game because Los Angeles had gone 0-8 in games that Vinovich had officiated since 2012. The Rams were based in L.A. in only the last three years of that span, after relocating from St. Louis in 2016.

Vinovich's regular-season crew -- which features two of the other three officials from Southern California -- also officiated the Rams' regular-season losses this season to the Saints and Eagles, which contributed to New Orleans earning the No. 1 seed and getting home-field advantage in last Sunday's game. In the first Los Angeles-New Orleans game this season, a 45-35 Saints victory, the crew missed a fake field goal spot, and it contributed to costing the Rams the game.

Vinovich's crew called more penalties against Los Angeles than its opponents in all nine Rams games he has officiated._"

• Options
    edited January 27, 2019 3:38PM

@DIMEMAN said The only reason Brady was suspended was because of the spineless NFL Commish who wanted to appease all you haters even though he had no facts.

Hey Dimey to go with your logic, they never landed on the moon either.

Get these noob bandwagoners out of here, they're a joke.

No facts!!!! ROFL

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

Sports are best when chaotic.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

Not a Brady hater.

He cheated, he got caught.

I really don't see the relevance to the fact that he didn't NEED to cheat to win. Are you saying that if they would have done worse in the second half and perhaps even lost the game, then it proves he's a cheater?

Someone (probably not Tom himself) deflated the balls a little, Brady could feel it immediately, that's what makes him a cheater in this example.

I don't think it's that big of a deal.

I don't really care who wins the game, probably won't even watch it. If I had to pick a team to "root" for it would be the Rams.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

Someone (probably not Tom himself) deflated the balls a little, Brady could feel it immediately, that's what makes him a cheater in this example.

If you don't think he did it (and I don't either) how is he a cheater?

And the whole 1st half....2nd half deal just proves he doesn't need to cheat to win. All the Brady haters seem to pile on and say the only reason he wins is because he cheats, which is STUPID thinking!!

He is the GOAT because he is that good.....PERIOD! And I am not a Pats fan! I'm just giving credit where credit is due!

• Options

@BillJones said:

There is no probably about it. They should not be there at all!

• Options
    edited January 28, 2019 10:15AM

@DIMEMAN said:

@BillJones said:

There is no probably about it. They should not be there at all!

I agree the cheaters (spying on other teams, doctoring footballs, etc) Patriots should be banned from ever playing in a SB. Commissioner was too easy on them succumbing to pressure from rat face Kraft.

God only knows how many other times they cheated and didn't get caught.

It's like making a known coin doctor the head of ANA.

Cheating Pats shouldn't ever be in a SB.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@JoeBanzai said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

If you don't think he did it (and I don't either) how is he a cheater?

And the whole 1st half....2nd half deal just proves he doesn't need to cheat to win. All the Brady haters seem to pile on and say the only reason he wins is because he cheats, which is STUPID thinking!!

He is the GOAT because he is that good.....PERIOD! And I am not a Pats fan! I'm just giving credit where credit is due!

I will say it again.

He could tell they were underinflated and used them.

I am not a Brady hater.

I never said he needed to cheat in order to win. Kind of makes him WORSE in my mind. Why do it if you don't need to?

He may very well be the GOAT. That's a different thread though.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set