Home Sports Talk
Options

A 10-year-old kid won a science fair by proving Tom Brady is a cheater

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

To get back on topic. What also irritated me about the article's derogatory story was my high school used to do these science fairs, and it wasn't voluntary if I'm remembering right. All students in that class had to turn in a project and it got displayed in the gym.

And the science fair was about science. You know things such as biology, astronomy, geography, etc, etc, etc. This kid is getting all this praise from the Brady haters, and it's not even a science project. It's basically a defamatory witch hunt, as was deflategate.

There's actually no science involved here whatsoever. The kid obviously had the incentive to throw the deflated footballs farther, so those footballs were thrown farther. So the kid actually cheated in the project with the guidance of his parents just to make the results seem plausible. Yet certain media types are jumping on this like this kid and their family are heroes for disparaging the character of Tom Brady.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:
    ok this has blown past contentious

how about we let bygones be bygones and go play rankingball together?

There’s a great expression that talks about the bottom line similarity between those arguing on the internet and those competing in the Special Olympics.

Knowing this, I’m never doing much more than smiling while typing - this a fun outlet and not a place to belittle others. Not a behavior I engage in much anymore.

Often the smiles come from the cards pictured here and the stories around them, occasionally from a post.

I’ve always disagreed with the “arguing on the Internet similarities to special Olympics” thing. It’s not at all true, a lot of us have been here for north of ten years and in a lot of ways actually know a lot about each other, that being said I always conduct myself the exact same way I would if I was standing in front of you guys talking face to face. I’m not saying I get angry and think about stuff here once I log off but there is nothing wrong with spirited debates and minor arguments, belittling people is another story though, that is moronic behavior in any fashion

You are talking about discussion - which I love, Paul - and I have good ones with you and others. The ‘similarities’ is that once you start arguing, name calling, and closing your mind...

...the analogy become very apt.

You threw out a comment that has been repeatedly proven to be false in the past 10 years then you kept commenting on how you were raised in your replies to me. Yes,my joke was in jest and pretty ironic seeing that I also grew up Irish Catholic as well but maybe people shouldn't pull comments out of the rear then pretend that they're facts. The whole "Brady dumped his pregnant girlfriend" rant was about as believable as the "Bridget Moynahan purposely got pregnant to save her relationship with Brady" rants that came out at the same time.
    How about just leaving the tabloid article stuff entirely to the tabloids?

Lets not act like everything is hunky-dory in this place,you were the same guy that got all bent out of shape a week ago when this Pats fan suggested NY cuts Eli to sign Foles and another member suggested NY drafting Kyler Murray and that argument basically turned into a Giants fan-Eagles fan slapfest on who had the bestest team.

Bent out of shape? No, I’m a long winded poster and I like to write.

For the record, my opinion of Eli is higher than most but it has nothing to do with Eli or even the Giants when it comes to what’s the right way to build a team in the NFL. That is from watching how teams have succeeded over the recent years - line first, then QB. I think every team to win a Super Bowl since 2000 has done it that way. That’s the way that works. Neither Murray nor Foles is a solution to the problem the Giants have had for about 5 years - the offensive line is bad and in need of massive upgrades. If the 5 ‘franchise QBs’ that went last year, only Baker Mayfield stepped into a team with a solid line and what a difference in made. Much to the chagrin of Het fans, you’ve had Sam Darnold for a year and know little more about how good he is than when you drafted him. Very little development in year one for him.

You can defend Tom Brady forever and you should if he’s the star of your favorite team. Go for it. I don’t begrudge you or your view.

Lastly, I care very little about being hunky dory with anyone online. I offer my opinions when I like and come mainly for the cards. If we met in person? You’d probably enjoy the time if you came in with an open mind.

Have a great rest of the day.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

There’s a great expression that talks about the bottom line similarity between those arguing on the internet and those competing in the Special Olympics.

Knowing this, I’m never doing much more than smiling while typing - this a fun outlet and not a place to belittle others. Not a behavior I engage in much anymore.

Often the smiles come from the cards pictured here and the stories around them, occasionally from a post.

I’ve always disagreed with the “arguing on the Internet similarities to special Olympics” thing. It’s not at all true, a lot of us have been here for north of ten years and in a lot of ways actually know a lot about each other, that being said I always conduct myself the exact same way I would if I was standing in front of you guys talking face to face. I’m not saying I get angry and think about stuff here once I log off but there is nothing wrong with spirited debates and minor arguments, belittling people is another story though, that is moronic behavior in any fashion

You are talking about discussion - which I love, Paul - and I have good ones with you and others. The ‘similarities’ is that once you start arguing, name calling, and closing your mind...

You threw out a comment that has been repeatedly proven to be false in the past 10 years then you kept commenting on how you were raised in your replies to me. Yes,my joke was in jest and pretty ironic seeing that I also grew up Irish Catholic as well but maybe people shouldn't pull comments out of the rear then pretend that they're facts. The whole "Brady dumped his pregnant girlfriend" rant was about as believable as the "Bridget Moynahan purposely got pregnant to save her relationship with Brady" rants that came out at the same time.

Lets not act like everything is hunky-dory in this place,you were the same guy that got all bent out of shape a week ago when this Pats fan suggested NY cuts Eli to sign Foles and another member suggested NY drafting Kyler Murray and that argument basically turned into a Giants fan-Eagles fan slapfest on who had the bestest team.

For the record, my opinion of Eli is higher than most but it has nothing to do with Eli or even the Giants when it comes to what’s the right way to build a team in the NFL. That is from watching how teams have succeeded over the recent years - line first, then QB. I think every team to win a Super Bowl since 2000 has done it that way. That’s the way that works. Neither Murray nor Foles is a solution to the problem the Giants have had for about 5 years - the offensive line is bad and in need of massive upgrades. If the 5 ‘franchise QBs’ that went last year, only Baker Mayfield stepped into a team with a solid line and what a difference in made. Much to the chagrin of Het fans, you’ve had Sam Darnold for a year and know little more about how good he is than when you drafted him. Very little development in year one for him.

You can defend Tom Brady forever and you should if he’s the star of your favorite team. Go for it. I don’t begrudge you or your view.

Lastly, I care very little about being hunky dory with anyone online. I offer my opinions when I like and come mainly for the cards. If we met in person? You’d probably enjoy the time if you came in with an open mind.

Its very hard to have an open mind on this subject though. Someone wants to call Brady out on his suspension for "deflating footballs" when that whole situation came down to bitter owners & a commish on a power trip? Sure,ok, he got suspended after not handing over a cell phone and that hurt his argument that he did nothing wrong but calling out someone for dumping a pregnant girlfriend without all of the facts makes no sense at all,nor does saying that the kid will have character issues because of it. All I did was try to make the case that what you were saying wasn't true just like you did when some of us made the argument that Eli was all done. Now that this dead horse has been fully beaten I'm gonna go find an Eagles fan to pick on. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:
    To get back on topic. What also irritated me about the article's derogatory story was my high school used to do these science fairs, and it wasn't voluntary if I'm remembering right. All students in that class had to turn in a project and it got displayed in the gym.

And the science fair was about science. You know things such as biology, astronomy, geography, etc, etc, etc. This kid is getting all this praise from the Brady haters, and it's not even a science project. It's basically a defamatory witch hunt, as was deflategate.

There's actually no science involved here whatsoever. The kid obviously had the incentive to throw the deflated footballs farther, so those footballs were thrown farther. So the kid actually cheated in the project with the guidance of his parents just to make the results seem plausible. Yet certain media types are jumping on this like this kid and their family are heroes for disparaging the character of Tom Brady.

Roger Goodell should hire this kid. He put in a better effort trying to prove Brady deflated footballs than Ted Wells did with his 2.5M investigation that pretty much came down to "Tom destroyed his cell phone so he's guilty."

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

my two cents...or more.

FULL DISCLOSURE, I am a lifelong Boston Patriots and New England Patriots fan. I was born and raised 25 miles northwest of Boston.

If I read Ace's science report correctly, he appears to prove that footballs inflated (or under inflated from the norm) at a certain PSI, that were used in comparison tosses between his mother and sister, formed the final analysis of his conclusion.

His conclusion was that under inflated (those falling under the league requirement of between 12.5 and 13.5 PSI)...one assumes under 12.5, can be thrown further by his mom or sister, from which Ace then deduces Brady cheated. Ace of course has zero correlation between his findings and facts of the matter, only that under inflated balls go further, no more, no less. I wonder if mom or the sister were further analyzed to see the throwing prowess of either participant in this deeply scientific venture? Perhaps mom's hands are bigger than his sister's hands...blah, blah. I have on rare occasion in my past seen a girl or two throw a football, never a mom though. The ball barely went 10 yards.

So, the infamous Patriot's - Colt's game is the root of the hooplah. If I understand information that is known and available to all in this matter...prior to half time of this game, some (who knows how many) footballs that were utilized by Tom Brady were under inflated. It is also my understanding that "league officials", having been made aware of this, made sure during the half time break, that all footballs were properly inflated. I do agree that something, or someone deflated the balls, not likely they did it by themselves...do I think it was an overeager locker room attendant...yup. But, I don't think any action was directed by Tom Brady to have whomever perform this task. The analysis to correlate the ambient temperature at game time, the Dew Point, the field elevation impacting inflation at Gillette Stadium and other ad nauseam efforts were stunning, to say the least.

So, let us look at the game stats...available again to all who care to research...

The half time score was Patriot's 17, Colts 7. The 3rd quarter ended, finding the score now 38-7 favoring the Patriot's, this now with properly inflated balls, and during this quarter, Brady throws 2 touchdowns, the other score is a running play. The final score is 45-7 Patriot's. The longest scoring pass in the game is thrown by Brady, which was a 16 yard toss to Nate Solder for the TD. No other scoring play exceeded 16 yards, most were very short yardage plays. In fairness, Brady did make one throw for 30 yards in the game.

So, as I read on to Ace's comments, our new scientist states that he just hates Tom Brady. Easy for a 10 year old to say, it just sounds good. Well Ace, I conclude from your analysis, nothing, but I guess the judges felt you had some good eye candy for the Brady haters to chew on. Could the judges be Brady haters too...certainly not, methinks your competition in the Science Fair was, well, fair.

Haters always hate, it just makes them feel good. I have a next door neighbor, who happens to be from Canada...and while once discussing the Falcons - Patriot's game, she blurted out "I just hate Tom Brady". I asked her why she felt that way, she said "I don't know, I just hate him, he's a cheater". She's not a football fan, but does attend the perennial Super Bowl parties wherein everyone is an expert, but few appreciate the game. I don't attend.

So Ace, enjoy the moment, it'll be short lived and you'll get those high fives in school. Perhaps one day you'll appreciate doing a bit of a deeper dive into any further scientific projects to gather ALL the facts, not just cherry pick nonsense that sounds good.

One more thing Ace...dump the hate thing, it's not good for your soul and as you age and mature, try compassion instead.

GO PATRIOTS

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@erikthredd said:

@perkdog said:

@galaxy27 said:

Its very hard to have an open mind on this subject though. Someone wants to call Brady out on his suspension for "deflating footballs" when that whole situation came down to bitter owners & a commish on a power trip? Sure,ok, he got suspended after not handing over a cell phone and that hurt his argument that he did nothing wrong but calling out someone for dumping a pregnant girlfriend without all of the facts makes no sense at all,nor does saying that the kid will have character issues because of it. All I did was try to make the case that what you were saying wasn't true just like you did when some of us made the argument that Eli was all done. Now that this dead horse has been fully beaten I'm gonna go find an Eagles fan to pick on. ;)

LOL.

I fully endorse picking on Eagles fans. Keep it fun. I’m fairly generous with likes and LOLs.

I did not insinuate anything about Jack Brady (a child) having character issues. If I typed poorly, I’ll clarify.

As an Irish Catholic, I was raised to believe that if you knock a girl up, she’s yours for life. And I kinda thought that was universal among us. So, someone who does such a thing would be described as having ‘character issues’ where I come from. I am aware that not everyone is like me on this issue and you are right in the sense that he’s certainly proven a capable father to all his children - certainly provides quite a life and future for them, too.

As for DeflateGate (which was I agree a total circus), I commented on the one part of it I didn’t like - the way he answered the questions and carefully worded it all and in general looked like he had something to hide. I watched it going in thinking he did nothing (and that it was nothing, which Instill do) and came away thinking he acted like he had something to hide.

For the full and clear record, he is a fantastic football player and surely a worthy GOAT candidate at the position (or in general), as well. It has been an honor to watch ALL the Super Bowls he has played in.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    my two cents...or more.

FULL DISCLOSURE, I am a lifelong Boston Patriots and New England Patriots fan. I was born and raised 25 miles northwest of Boston.

If I read Ace's science report correctly, he appears to prove that footballs inflated (or under inflated from the norm) at a certain PSI, that were used in comparison tosses between his mother and sister, formed the final analysis of his conclusion.

His conclusion was that under inflated (those falling under the league requirement of between 12.5 and 13.5 PSI)...one assumes under 12.5, can be thrown further by his mom or sister, from which Ace then deduces Brady cheated. Ace of course has zero correlation between his findings and facts of the matter, only that under inflated balls go further, no more, no less. I wonder if mom or the sister were further analyzed to see the throwing prowess of either participant in this deeply scientific venture? Perhaps mom's hands are bigger than his sister's hands...blah, blah. I have on rare occasion in my past seen a girl or two throw a football, never a mom though. The ball barely went 10 yards.

So, the infamous Patriot's - Colt's game is the root of the hooplah. If I understand information that is known and available to all in this matter...prior to half time of this game, some (who knows how many) footballs that were utilized by Tom Brady were under inflated. It is also my understanding that "league officials", having been made aware of this, made sure during the half time break, that all footballs were properly inflated. I do agree that something, or someone deflated the balls, not likely they did it by themselves...do I think it was an overeager locker room attendant...yup. But, I don't think any action was directed by Tom Brady to have whomever perform this task. The analysis to correlate the ambient temperature at game time, the Dew Point, the field elevation impacting inflation at Gillette Stadium and other ad nauseam efforts were stunning, to say the least.

So, let us look at the game stats...available again to all who care to research...

The half time score was Patriot's 17, Colts 7. The 3rd quarter ended, finding the score now 38-7 favoring the Patriot's, this now with properly inflated balls, and during this quarter, Brady throws 2 touchdowns, the other score is a running play. The final score is 45-7 Patriot's. The longest scoring pass in the game is thrown by Brady, which was a 16 yard toss to Nate Solder for the TD. No other scoring play exceeded 16 yards, most were very short yardage plays. In fairness, Brady did make one throw for 30 yards in the game.

So, as I read on to Ace's comments, our new scientist states that he just hates Tom Brady. Easy for a 10 year old to say, it just sounds good. Well Ace, I conclude from your analysis, nothing, but I guess the judges felt you had some good eye candy for the Brady haters to chew on. Could the judges be Brady haters too...certainly not, methinks your competition in the Science Fair was, well, fair.

Haters always hate, it just makes them feel good. I have a next door neighbor, who happens to be from Canada...and while once discussing the Falcons - Patriot's game, she blurted out "I just hate Tom Brady". I asked her why she felt that way, she said "I don't know, I just hate him, he's a cheater". She's not a football fan, but does attend the perennial Super Bowl parties wherein everyone is an expert, but few appreciate the game. I don't attend.

So Ace, enjoy the moment, it'll be short lived and you'll get those high fives in school. Perhaps one day you'll appreciate doing a bit of a deeper dive into any further scientific projects to gather ALL the facts, not just cherry pick nonsense that sounds good.

One more thing Ace...dump the hate thing, it's not good for your soul and as you age and mature, try compassion instead.

GO PATRIOTS

The snowflake parents could have done it right, and rented a football throwing machine, and displayed those results. That may have had a bit of scientific validity to it as far as distance possibilities between an under inflated and fully inflated football.

But of course the parents had no interest in doing any of that. And even if they did it properly, it would still only be speculation about cheating because there is no proof that Brady ever did it.

BTW: I think it was Brady who said it but it might have been another quarterback, that they liked a slightly under inflated football that meets the minimum rule requirements, because they find it easier to grip, thus making the football easier to handle and passes more accurate...not because the football could possibly be thrown a little further.

So the project's premise about the under inflated football and Brady cheating with it because he wanted to throw the football further is basically a false narrative anyway.

• Options

@erikthredd

One more thing on Eli being ‘done’ I have to mention here. He very well could be. That’s ok with me if he is though I don’t really see it and thought he had a pretty good season, individually. I don’t give him sole credit for wins or all the blame in losses, either - I’m not that type of fan. I also don’t know what the Giants will do and I will be rooting for the Giants next year even if the QB is Kyle Lauletta.

However, my stated preference of keeping him for one more year and letting him play out his contract has to do with who the Giants are and the way the Giants should treat this particular player. He helped in bringing two Super Bowls to NY and while it’s hard to remember and believe this, the Giants actually made the playoffs three years ago and in that game, Eli was quite good and on point that day. About the only one, too. Point is, Eli Manning is the rare player that has earned the right to be allowed to play out his contract, in my opinion, and finish off his career with on team. Should the Giants do what I hope this year (take 2 OL and 6 defensive players in the draft), then they would have an offense where you’ll be able to draft and/or develop a young QB the following year and put him an offense that has solid weapons, experienced yet still young lineman and a really exciting back where you can make a much more informed decision on their abilities AND give them a great situation to succeed.

For example, while the Carson Wentz-Nick Foles decision looms, I sometimes wonder if it even matters with how solid the other 10 parts of the offense have been. Not to take anything away from eithe guy, mind you, buy more a testament to the importance of the 5 guys in the trenches.

• Options

>

As an Irish Catholic, I was raised to believe that if you knock a girl up, she’s yours for life. And I kinda thought that was universal among us. So, someone who does such a thing would be described as having ‘character issues’ where I come from. I am aware that not everyone is like me on this issue and you are right in the sense that he’s certainly proven a capable father to all his children - certainly provides quite a life and future for them, too.

I was brought up the same way and I honestly have some personal experience with that type of scenario. When I met my wife she had a 15 month old son whose father had disappeared after her getting pregnant,I eventually married her and raised him as my own son and there were so many times I wished his pos biological father came knocking at our door so i could knock him out. Eventually I got over the anger and realized it was better that he didn't show up at all. There was no way I would have ever let him hurt this great kid who would later become a 2 year captain in two different sports during H.S.,join the Army with active duty in the Middle East and now has a government job that will ensure him of a better life financially than me & his mother ever had. There did come a time after H.S. when he decided he wanted to meet his biological father so after quite a bit of digging we found him and he met him and it pretty much went as expected,some remorse and a few promises that were never fulfilled.
    I know every situation like Brady's isn't comparable and he's even said it was tough during that time because of how it all went down. Its much easier now to be in your kid's life if he lives elsewhere with his mother than it was back when we grew up. Between Skype,Facetime,Facebook,MyFace and the many other apps you can talk with & see each other as much as you want.

• Options

@erikthredd

One more thing on Eli being ‘done’ I have to mention here. He very well could be. That’s ok with me if he is though I don’t really see it and thought he had a pretty good season, individually. I don’t give him sole credit for wins or all the blame in losses, either - I’m not that type of fan. I also don’t know what the Giants will do and I will be rooting for the Giants next year even if the QB is Kyle Lauletta.

However, my stated preference of keeping him for one more year and letting him play out his contract has to do with who the Giants are and the way the Giants should treat this particular player. He helped in bringing two Super Bowls to NY and while it’s hard to remember and believe this, the Giants actually made the playoffs three years ago and in that game, Eli was quite good and on point that day. About the only one, too. Point is, Eli Manning is the rare player that has earned the right to be allowed to play out his contract, in my opinion, and finish off his career with on team. Should the Giants do what I hope this year (take 2 OL and 6 defensive players in the draft), then they would have an offense where you’ll be able to draft and/or develop a young QB the following year and put him an offense that has solid weapons, experienced yet still young lineman and a really exciting back where you can make a much more informed decision on their abilities AND give them a great situation to succeed.

For example, while the Carson Wentz-Nick Foles decision looms, I sometimes wonder if it even matters with how solid the other 10 parts of the offense have been. Not to take anything away from eithe guy, mind you, buy more a testament to the importance of the 5 guys in the trenches.

Part of the reasoning I had behind signing Foles was he's pretty much in his prime where Eli is closer to the end but I get what you're saying on how the Giants should decide to move on from Eli. This has always been a hot topic here in NE with how the team would eventually move on from Brady,it just so happened Belichick's cut throat mentality got overruled by the owner so they dealt Jimmy G instead. I will admit my Foles to the Giants comment was mostly a sarcastic dig at the Eagles potentially screwing up this decision more than it was about replacing Eli. I honestly think they should draft their QB of the future and then let Eli finish out his final year of his contract while the kid learns their offense. Grab another tackle and a year from now your young QB will have a revamped OL and a stud at RB&WR.
    Or Eli can start using the TB12 method now so he can stick around until he's 45,I wouldn't mind seeing NE-NY for a third time. ;)

• Options

@erikthredd said:

>

I was brought up the same way and I honestly have some personal experience with that type of scenario. When I met my wife she had a 15 month old son whose father had disappeared after her getting pregnant,I eventually married her and raised him as my own son and there were so many times I wished his pos biological father came knocking at our door so i could knock him out. Eventually I got over the anger and realized it was better that he didn't show up at all. There was no way I would have ever let him hurt this great kid who would later become a 2 year captain in two different sports during H.S.,join the Army with active duty in the Middle East and now has a government job that will ensure him of a better life financially than me & his mother ever had. There did come a time after H.S. when he decided he wanted to meet his biological father so after quite a bit of digging we found him and he met him and it pretty much went as expected,some remorse and a few promises that were never fulfilled.
    I know every situation like Brady's isn't comparable and he's even said it was tough during that time because of how it all went down. Its much easier now to be in your kid's life if he lives elsewhere with his mother than it was back when we grew up. Between Skype,Facetime,Facebook,MyFace and the many other apps you can talk with & see each other as much as you want.

I'm not a fan of off topic posts, such as Brady's personal business and Eli/Foles stuff, however, I see an exception here.

Eric's post, while off topic, was heart warming. I appreciate his personal experience and relationship with his son. Eric chose to nurture and raise a young man that obviously turned out to be gem. A big salute from me. Well done Eric!!

BTW, I am a Federal Retiree, with a nice pension. I used to complain about the government job experience while I was an employee, mostly because of some of the Supervisors and Managers I had above me. But, I toughed it out, survived 36 years in a few different Federal Agencies and thank God I did...my life (other than a few health issues), is a breeze and I'm very fortunate to be in a wonderful marriage, beautiful home and loving life. I hope your son hangs with the government, I'm living proof the end will justify the means. My 2 cents of personal advice is to encourage your son to save the max in his TSP fund...time value of money and compound interest will richly reward him many years from now.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

>

Perhaps my favorite post here all time, dude.

You, my friend, are the salt of the earth. May God bless and keep you all the days of your life.

• Options
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great to see there are still guys like you Eric!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

hear, hear

the dead weight was removed from his life and a real man was inserted

one of the best posts i've ever read Eric

• Options
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why did Andy have to be so mean to Barn?

Also , get a load of those Mt. Pilot Girls!! Hubba Hubba!!

• Options
  • Options

Now there's a kid and his family whom we can all like and trust.

• Options

@stevek said:

Can we just send him the 2019 Nobel prize now? ;)
    Brady should send an autographed football to both kids.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Should send the parents in the opening post the "Ignoble" prize.

• Options

Both efforts by Ace "Brady's a Cheater", and this young man, "No he ain't" make for cutesy news stories, no more, no less. Interesting that the "No he ain't" scientist, is fully adorned in Patriot's gear...maybe hoping to score SB tix from Tom??

While the premise remains that Tom Brady is a cheater, will, unfortunately, remain with him until he retires and beyond. There is ZERO correlation between any conclusions reached by these two kids and a plethora of "professionals", who, I'm sure poured over data ad nauseam and anything Tom Brady did...i.e. no smoking gun. As they say, a big nothing burger.

As I wrote elsewhere, Brady threw ONE pass for 30 yards in the Colts game, and another for 16 yards and a TD. It is also my understanding that at half time all balls were properly inflated....how then does Brady and the Patriot's score 21 points in the 3rd qtr, and another in the 4th, to crush the Colts 45-7?

We Patriot fans are fortunate to have Tom Brady leading our team. The excitement he has given us over the years, and I'm sure those he will provide again this Sunday make him an uber-star athlete in my book. Leave out the personal stuff, we all have a skeleton or two somewhere. Enjoy the man for what he is and does for his team and New England sports fans, he's like the Ted Williams of New England football.

Haters always hate.

GO PATRIOTS

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Both efforts by Ace "Brady's a Cheater", and this young man, "No he ain't" make for cutesy news stories, no more, no less. Interesting that the "No he ain't" scientist, is fully adorned in Patriot's gear...maybe hoping to score SB tix from Tom??

While the premise remains that Tom Brady is a cheater, will, unfortunately, remain with him until he retires and beyond. There is ZERO correlation between any conclusions reached by these two kids and a plethora of "professionals", who, I'm sure poured over data ad nauseam and anything Tom Brady did...i.e. no smoking gun. As they say, a big nothing burger.

As I wrote elsewhere, Brady threw ONE pass for 30 yards in the Colts game, and another for 16 yards and a TD. It is also my understanding that at half time all balls were properly inflated....how then does Brady and the Patriot's score 21 points in the 3rd qtr, and another in the 4th, to crush the Colts 45-7?

We Patriot fans are fortunate to have Tom Brady leading our team. The excitement he has given us over the years, and I'm sure those he will provide again this Sunday make him an uber-star athlete in my book. Leave out the personal stuff, we all have a skeleton or two somewhere. Enjoy the man for what he is and does for his team and New England sports fans, he's like the Ted Williams of New England football.

Haters always hate.

GO PATRIOTS

<<< maybe hoping to score SB tix from Tom?? >>>

That's the main reason i started this thread.

Haven't heard anything yet, but i keep carefully checking the mail to see if those SB tix are in there.

;)

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Should send the parents in the opening post the "Ignoble" prize.

Or he can just win him over like what happened with this guy
    http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25676562/sidney-crosby-rewards-chirping-fan-signed-stick

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28, 2019 9:58AM

Pro football player doctors football= coin dealer who doctors coins.

Both should be permanently banned from their respective professions.

• Options

@hammer1 said:

And you have what proof of your premise?

• Options

@hammer1 said:

You really need help man! ;)

• Options
    edited January 28, 2019 10:20AM

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

How far did you get in school?

A 10 year old kids is smarter than you.

How does it feel?

• Options

@hammer1 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

How does it feel?

Your type of poster here is really disappointing. When calmly asked to provide some substance to support your allegation, you come up with childish nonsense...this is so typical of haters, easy to throw bomb-like posts and hide behind their keyboard.

So, once again, got any proof that Brady doctored any footballs? Of course not. You're like my next door Canadian neighbor, who just hates Tom Brady, believes he's a cheater, but doesn't know why she thinks that, nor can she offer any proof.

PATHETIC response to DIMEMAN.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@hammer1 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

How does it feel?

Your type of poster here is really disappointing. When calmly asked to provide some substance to support your allegation, you come up with childish nonsense...this is so typical of haters, easy to throw bomb-like posts and hide behind their keyboard.

So, once again, got any proof that Brady doctored any footballs? Of course not. You're like my next door Canadian neighbor, who just hates Tom Brady, believes he's a cheater, but doesn't know why she thinks that, nor can she offer any proof.

Proof? Depends on what you are looking for, I guess. I am neither fanboy nor hater here. As alluded to earlier, I don’t see any harm to Tom Brady’s football legacy, either way. It’s a very trivial matter and seemingly resulted in every participant looking bad.
    But I think proof depends on your point of view and preconceived notions. To some, there may not be proof that Tom knowingly deflated footballs. The way they view it, he had nothing to do with anything and nothing was done. It was all a witch hunt to make the Patriots and Tom Brady look bad, motivated by jealousy and hate.

You also have to consider that you do have a case where he looked squirrelly at the press conference, destroyed a phone deemed relevant, video evidence of the guy disappearing with the balls, TB12 was one of two players lobbying for the rule change so QBs could handle the balls (back in 2006) however they wanted to begin with and was at the center of an investigation conducted and report produced whereby the conclusion drawn was that he did it.

Again, it’s such a silly story to begin with but if you take Pats Nation out of the vote and asked people if they think Brady did it it’s probably 50-50.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@hammer1 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@hammer1 said:

How does it feel?

Proof? Depends on what you are looking for, I guess. I am neither fanboy nor hater here. As alluded to earlier, I don’t see any harm to Tom Brady’s football legacy, either way. It’s a very trivial matter and seemingly resulted in every participant looking bad.
    But I think proof depends on your point of view and preconceived notions. To some, there may not be proof that Tom knowingly deflated footballs. The way they view it, he had nothing to do with anything and nothing was done. It was all a witch hunt to make the Patriots and Tom Brady look bad, motivated by jealousy and hate.

You also have to consider that you do have a case where he looked squirrelly at the press conference, destroyed a phone deemed relevant, video evidence of the guy disappearing with the balls, TB12 was one of two players lobbying for the rule change so QBs could handle the balls (back in 2006) however they wanted to begin with and was at the center of an investigation conducted and report produced whereby the conclusion drawn was that he did it.

Again, it’s such a silly story to begin with but if you take Pats Nation out of the vote and asked people if they think Brady did it it’s probably 50-50.

My post was directed at hammer1, not intended to generate more discussion on deflatgate, nor do I care to discuss it further. hammer1 was way out of line (IMO) in his post to DIMEMAN, and I spoke up. We should all be here to share comments and disagreements in a mature and gentlemanly manner...we all are entitled to our opinions, but not to slam another poster with some childish BS. Hopefully he got the message and will fade away, as he should, he contributes nothing to this thread.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

Tom Brady is a great football player.

He did walk out on his pregnant (or had a newborn) girlfriend (Bridget Moynihan, Blue Bloods ) when the chance to be with a multi millionaire supermodel came along.

Brady was with Bridget Moynihan?????? Did you see her in Coyote Ugly? :o:o:o:o:o

GrandAm :)
  • Options

@GRANDAM said:

@bronco2078 said:

Tom Brady is a great football player.

He did walk out on his pregnant (or had a newborn) girlfriend (Bridget Moynihan, Blue Bloods ) when the chance to be with a multi millionaire supermodel came along.

Brady was with Bridget Moynihan?????? Did you see her in Coyote Ugly? :o:o:o:o:o

Other than good looks, star quarterback, class, money and fame...I really don't understand what these beautiful women see in Tom Brady? 🤷

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am constantly amazed at many of the posters here.

I don't think ONE person has claimed Brady deflated any footballs. He did use footballs that were underinflated and that is on him. Is it a huge deal, not really, but to deny it seems silly.

REMEMBER two Patriot employees lost their jobs over this. I would say this is an admission of tampering with the footballs.

I would love to see just one Patriot fan/poster simply say "we cheated, we got caught".

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

P.S. I also don't understand the argument that Brady performed better with properly inflated balls in the second half.

All that proves is that he didn't need to cheat, not that he wasn't aware of the cheating.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@JoeBanzai said:
    P.S. I also don't understand the argument that Brady performed better with properly inflated balls in the second half.

All that proves is that he didn't need to cheat, not that he wasn't aware of the cheating.

we don't believe in it because its ridiculous that no one was monitoring any air pressure ever then suddenly the patriots get stung by a huge invented controversy where the evidence was spotty at best . Then the league claims they are going to monitor air pressure and they don't save any of the supposed records.

what makes sense to me is that all teams constantly do everything they can to gain an edge and someone decided to zing the pats. Then when they were going to monitor it they discovered about 1000 violations all over the league and realized they needed to shut up or look like a joke.

It's like nascar , literally every race some team tries something and gets caught.

If you can think of a way to remove money from sports then you will find cheating still won't stop.

Everything touched by the almighty dollar is corrupt.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

we don't believe in it because its ridiculous that no one was monitoring any air pressure ever then suddenly the patriots get stung by a huge invented controversy where the evidence was spotty at best . Then the league claims they are going to monitor air pressure and they don't save any of the supposed records.

what makes sense to me is that all teams constantly do everything they can to gain an edge and someone decided to zing the pats. Then when they were going to monitor it they discovered about 1000 violations all over the league and realized they needed to shut up or look like a joke.

It's like nascar , literally every race some team tries something and gets caught.

If you can think of a way to remove money from sports then you will find cheating still won't stop.

Everything touched by the almighty dollar is corrupt.

Much of what you say is true. Especially about money.

Still two blue collar guys get fired. Oh yeah, the rich get the gold mine and the poor get the shaft.

They cheated, they got caught. All you really NEED to know here.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe get over deflategate. They lost a first round pick, Brady got served 4 games. Football pressure was ok when he returned and the Pats won the Super Bowl. I’m sure it’s tough for a guy like you who wants to take away from the Pats and their success but to continue to have sour grapes is rather childish

• Options

How many times do I have to say it wasn't that big of a deal?

The people who can't get over deflate gate are the Patriot fans who can't accept the fact that Tom cheated!

He didn't need to cheat, but he got caught, and got punished.

I have yet to see one single Patriots fan admit that he cheated OR mention that a couple of guys were fired over "nothing".

I'll get over deflate gate when a Patriots fan actually admits that what they (including Brady) did was wrong.

In other words never.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

The people who can't get over deflate gate are the Patriot fans who can't accept the fact that Tom cheated!

I have yet to see one single Patriots fan admit that he cheated OR mention that a couple of guys were fired over "nothing".

I'll get over deflate gate when a Patriots fan actually admits that what they (including Brady) did was wrong.

In other words never

See theres your problem , we don't think anything happened so there is nothing to admit. First we would have to agree that something actually happened.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@JoeBanzai said:

In other words never

See theres your problem , we don't think anything happened so there is nothing to admit. First we would have to agree that something actually happened.

Ok then, nevermind.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

REMEMBER two Patriot employees lost their jobs over this. I would say this is an admission of tampering with the footballs.

I would love to see just one Patriot fan/poster simply say "we cheated, we got caught".

Joe, you make the point yourself...Brady didn't get fired, two Patriot employees got fired. Brady didn't cheat, one has to assume the two employees that were fired were trying to cheat. For God's sake Joe, look at the 2nd half of that game, when IN FACT, the balls were properly inflate...BRADY CRUSHED...C-R-U-S-H-E-D the Colts.

Put on your big boy pants, suck it up, see some logic and let this go...you really are acting childish and making yourself sound like a complete fool.

Hate the Pats, I couldn't give a rat's A$$ less...oh, newsflash...Brady just won his SIXTH Superbowl. I guess that'll make you lose some sleep. Grow up.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

All this flap over the Patriots not actually messing with the footballs while two teams who were FILMED MESSING WITH THE BALLS ON THE SIDELINES OF A GAME merely got letters from the league office.

• Options

Let's tell it like it is...If Colin Kaepernick would have done the exact same thing with the footballs, for a team with an owner who supported the kneelers, and won a Super Bowl in the exact same manner as Tom Brady did, there would not have been an investigation or any news stories whatsoever about any of this...and we all know it.

Some if not many out there do not like Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, and Tom Brady for personal reasons, not having anything to do with football...and we all know that as well.

• Options

Joe - do you really think a QB can tell a difference in a lb of air pressure in the football. What about the other QB?? Or does each QB have their own balls.....no pun intended!

GET OVER IT PEOPLE! The only reason anything was made of it is because it was the PAT's. The PAT's are the ones who got the shaft on this one! That to the POS Commish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm not even a PAT's fan...….I just remember back when the Cowboy haters used to do the same thing! IT GET'S OLD!!!!

• Options

Most Patriots fans probably don't know this. But the Eagles owner, Jeff Lurie, was born in Boston, grew up and went to school in that area, and tried to buy the Patriots years before Robert Kraft wound up buying them.

The chances were very slim if perhaps zero that Jeff Lurie as owner of the Patriots, would have ever hired Bill Belichick. For a few reasons, Belichick is not the type of head coach that Lurie likes to hire.

Lurie not buying the Patriots certainly changed history for the Patriots as Belichick would have been hired to coach some other team. Depending on those circumstances, maybe Brady wouldn't have been drafted by that team, as perhaps Belichick would have had a couple quarterbacks already solidly in place or whatever.

Brady may have gone undrafted or perhaps drafted in later rounds by some loser team with a brain dead head coach who didn't coach him up properly and didn't give him much of a chance.

Tom Brady for a living today, might be answering the phone, "Hi this is Tom Brady of MetLife, happy to assist you with your life insurance needs."

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Joe - do you really think a QB can tell a difference in a lb of air pressure in the football. What about the other QB?? Or does each QB have their own balls.....no pun intended!

GET OVER IT PEOPLE! The only reason anything was made of it is because it was the PAT's. The PAT's are the ones who got the shaft on this one! That to the POS Commish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'm not even a PAT's fan...….I just remember back when the Cowboy haters used to do the same thing! IT GET'S OLD!!!!

As I said before I am over it, but since you asked OF COURSE a guy who makes his living throwing a football can tell when it's underinflated. The opposing defensive player who got the ball knew it immediately and YES each team supplied their own balls.

REALLY, doesn't anyone actually look at the facts?

I freely admit the Pats, Brady and Belichick are a great team. One of the all-time greats.

The facts are also clear that they get caught cheating.

Have already addressed a couple of times the fact that the Patriots played better after they got caught cheating does NOT prove they did not cheat. It proves they did not need to cheat in the first place.

For the last time (I promise :-)) I don't believe one single Patriot fan is willing to admit they cheated. If you want the glory, you need to be able to take the criticism when you screw up. Put YOUR big boy pants on and act like men.

I also congratulate the Patriots on another Championship!

• Options
    edited February 9, 2019 6:13AM

You say you're over it Joe, but you seem to need to have the last word. You have ZIPPO proof of Brady cheating, yet you perennially carp and carp about him and the Patriots cheating.

And, since you mentioned "facts"...where are yours related directly to Brady? If you don't have proof just change your diaper.

You've become the joke of the board.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    You say you're over it Joe, but you seem to need to have the last word. You have ZIPPO proof of Brady cheating, yet you perennially carp and carp about him and the Patriots cheating.

And, since you mentioned "facts"...where are yours related directly to Brady? If you don't have proof just change your diaper.

You've become the joke of the board.

Classy post. Figured it would be something like this when I saw the reply was from you. I will now allow you to have the last word.

• Options
    edited February 9, 2019 7:37PM

@MCMLVTopps said:

My post was directed at hammer1, not intended to generate more discussion on deflatgate, nor do I care to discuss it further. hammer1 was way out of line (IMO) in his post to DIMEMAN, and I spoke up. We should all be here to share comments and disagreements in a mature and gentlemanly manner...we all are entitled to our opinions, but not to slam another poster with some childish BS. Hopefully he got the message and will fade away, as he should, he contributes nothing to this thread.

Truth hurts huh? lol

Brady is a Convicted cheater, served time. There's your proof. If he was innocent there would be no suspension, nor loss of draft pick.

Quit your whining. Children can never admit they are wrong, and live in denial, just like you.

MCMLVTopps you are nothing more than a childish, unknowledgeable bandwagon fan.