Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1997 Bowman - NNO (Mussina and Boggs)

I came across these two cards in my 1997 Bowman set. I did not see any similar versions on ebay or any mention of them on CU.
Has anyone seen these cards with NNO? Not only are the names missing but the top of the cards is missing the "Bowman" identification. Interested in any comments, ideas, potential "Frank Thomas NNO" (lol) possibility, etc.

Comments

• saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately not uncommon for cards from sets with foil stamping to be lacking the foil stamping. While certainly not common I can't think of any example of this type of variation that has ever commanded any sort of premium. In my mind they kind of fall under the blank front/back category of 1991 and before Topps Sets.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got a bunch of them from this set. Ripped a box of Series 1 where every pack had 2-5 missing the foil.

• 59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    I've got a bunch of them from this set. Ripped a box of Series 1 where every pack had 2-5 missing the foil.

So, it looks like this omission could have happened with any 97 Bowman base card. My question would be "how common is it with any specific card"? That could make it more valuable especially if someone wanted to put a NNO set together. I have all the 90s' Bowman sets and these are the first NNO cards missing foil I have encountered. Maybe we should consider making a market for them.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019 3:52PM

So far I only possess cards from Series 1 missing the foil, it's possible there's Series 2 examples out there, but I don't have any yet.

ETA: I'm not actively working it, but I need both of those for my set build ;)

• 59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭

If anyone is interested in parting with their 1997 NNO Bowman base cards, I have an interest in collecting these. You can respond here or PM me. Thanks.

Jim