Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New PCGS Oversized Holder for 5oz Apollo Coins

Wouldn't your new 5oz puck look great in our new oversized holders with the special edition Astronauts Memorial Foundation label?

These new stacklable holders bring the renowned look and protection of PCGS holders to oversized coins such as the new Apollo 50th Anniversary Commemorative 5oz Coins and the ATB series!

Dimensions: 5.353 x 3.933 x .0455

https://www.pcgs.com/labels/AstronautsMemorial

Heather Boyd
PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

Comments

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:

Wouldn't your new 5oz puck look great in our new oversized holders with the special edition Astronauts Memorial Foundation label?

Especially if it were graded 70 like this one!!!! :)

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019 4:44PM

So just to clarify, the grading fee for the Apollo 11 5 oz puck with special label is $34 + $20 = $54?
    And for the Apollo 11 $5 gold with special label is just $34? (Even though it also requires a thicker slab.) Thanks

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OKCC said:
    So just to clarify, the grading fee for the Apollo 11 5 oz puck with special label is $34 + $20 = $54?
    And for the Apollo 11 $5 gold with special label is $34? (Even though it requires a thicker slab.) Thanks

Size matters.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

definitely YES <3

I did not plan to purchase one but my fingers on the board went ahead despite order from the higher up

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

They look nice!

• Options

@CaptHenway said:

@OKCC said:
    And for the Apollo 11 $5 gold with special label is $34? (Even though it requires a thicker slab.) Thanks

Size matters.

The oversized holder fee does not apply to the $5 gold coin so that is correct :)
    And as a note, the grading fee for the $5 Gold coin would normally be the Modern Gold service level which is $30, so by submitting it for the special label you are getting a great deal

Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yowzers, grading the 5 ouncers will be pricey.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool !!! B)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW! Great idea PCGS. :)

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious to how the slab will prevent the convex side from rubbing in the middle. That slab has to be as big as a 90's laptop!

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2019 7:21PM

I've never submitted anything other than business strike coins. How do we submit these mint products? I don't think I have flips big enough for them.

Do we just keep all the mint packaging and submit with the coins in their plastic airtites that they are in from the mint and throw a sticker with submission and line # on that plastic?

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:
    I've never submitted anything other than business strike coins. How do we submit these mint products? I don't think I have flips big enough for them.

Do we just keep all the mint packaging and submit with the coins in their plastic airtites that they are in from the mint and throw a sticker with submission and line # on that plastic?

Yep, keep them in the airtites.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

My (2) 5 oz & (1) 1/4 unc gold have shipped already :)

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice packaging, I was curious about a slab for these coins... Answered... Thank you @HeatherBoyd . Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file