Home U.S. Coin Forum

Has anyone received a 2019 coin in circulation yet?

291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't.

All glory is fleeting.

Comments

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

No but I can’t wait for the San Antonio quarter reminds me of a old Spanish coin.

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭✭

2019?! Heck, I'm barely 1/2 filled on my 2018 needs!! :(

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

No 2019 coins here.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow 2019! I still remember being excited, as a 12 year old, when the 1979 coins came out. The SBA was big news on the near-heels of the bicentennial coins.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

Nope, only 2018!

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing yet, but always looking at my change..

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes...2019 cents are out here... have not seen a dime yet, or any other 2019 coin. Cheers, RickO

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have not seen any yet. I will have to order some boxes of pennies - often those are new rolls.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

not as of yet. ill keep an open eye in the next few weeks, should see them then

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday in Mount Pleasant, SC grocery store...

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not yet, gooberment shutdown up here lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• @JBK said:
    Have not seen any yet. I will have to order some boxes of pennies - often those are new rolls.

Where do you order boxes of pennies? Can you get other coins and is it at face value?

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember getting a 1973 cent on Jan. 6 of that year. I noticed a hub change in the size of the reverse initials and stuck it in an envelope and mailed it to Coin World. Figured it was worth one paragraph in Clearinghouse.
    Slow news week. Made the front page. Later that year it helped me get hired in.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Calvinhardiman said:

@JBK said:

Where do you order boxes of pennies? Can you get other coins and is it at face value?

I ask nicely at the bank where I have an account. Sometimes they have an extra box and other times they have to order them and it takes about a week. Pennies come in $50 boxes and nickels come in $100 boxes. They are at face value.

Sometimes you get new coins so you can look for errors, and sometimes the coins are older mixed dates.

One word of advice: if a bank will sell you boxes if coins, don't bring the rejects back to them. Get an account at another bank with a free coin counting machine and dump them there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file