Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Good article

spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Comments

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

First part is so true but so sad...so many great coins ruined

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing an interesting take on those beautiful oldies ..... IMHO it's part of evolution in coin ways :)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great article and true. I’ve been plodding along at a snails pace the past few years

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Up until the 1970's I could find a coin shop in almost every town. Medium cities, a few. I found great coins at that time in weird places.
    I theorize that prior to coins becoming so popular and more expensive, we were still in the "discovery" phase.
    Since that phase has now apparently ended, many more "keepers" are being .....kept.
    Which naturally decreases the number coming on the market for the first time out of collections where the "greatness" had not yet been realized.
    Add in the intervening "handling" phase and it only stands to reason that there are fewer "great" coins available to collectors at every level.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file