Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Prefacing arrival of the Apollo coins - My photos of tonight's Lunar Eclipse/Super Blood Woof Moon

northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 21, 2019 1:32AM in U.S. Coin Forum

These as viewed here in my neck of the woods as taken with my iPhone. Surprisingly the iPhone camera captured the blood red of the “Super Blood Woof Moon.”

And here are some views as the moon's image returned to that of a full moon.

For those who missed it, the next full lunar eclipse is scheduled to be in May, 2021 - but not sure whether it will be of the "Super Blood Woof Moon" variety.

Comments

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can not believe the hype "Super Blood Wolf Moon".

When I was a kid in the 1950's newspaper notices of lunar eclipses were included with weather reports.

I was interested in astronomy and one time got my parents to wake me up around 2:00am to watch one.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have seen Lunar eclipses before - a few - so did not watch this one....The solar eclipses really impress me though.... been through a total solar eclipse... would like to see another. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2019 8:29AM

I wonder how much the Apollo coins will fall in the aftermarket once the excitement subsides.

It’s a shame we never returned to the moon or put a base there. I guess the expense too much.

One day it may be financially profitable put a space craft / hapitat module factory there due to its 1/6 g cheaper cost to put to put payload in orbit mfg product to hook up w freighter, etc.or orbital assembly fabricated warships like destroyers, cruisers, carriers - interstellar colonize, search, plunder, destroy.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file