Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fed ex smart post first experience

Won a $350 coin from Heritage and they are shipping via fed ex smart post. There can’t be slower shipping method in the whole world. 6 days later and it is still less than half way to Michigan. Why are they using such a slow service is is cheaper? More reliable? I get up dates frequently but man it’s slow.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will get to you but it is slow, slow, slow. They use it because it is a cheap way to ship.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

FedEx is the worst compare with ups and usps. I hate them. Why ha use it? I thought ha charged high shipping. Anyway ha still use usps to ship my item.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eventually FedEx will turn it over to USPS for real delivery.....I'll bet.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:

That's how dumb post, I mean smart post works. FEDEX delivers to the customers PO & then the USPS takes over for the final trip of the journey.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Forever stamps go up end of the month. Stock up.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stupid Post is the WORST innovation of the century so far. Hands down.

My average delivery time is 21 days. As much as 42 days.

FedEx Stupid Post

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@AUandAG said:

That's how dumb post, I mean smart post works. FEDEX delivers to the customers PO & then the USPS takes over for the final trip of the journey.

Not always. Sometimes FedEx completes the delivery themselves. Just how the decision is made I don't know.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eventually, everything in our lives will be controlled by algorithms in which we the sheeple are the least important variable. Only pressure on folks like Heritage will push back on bad decisions like Smart Post.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

FWIW

The hand-off between FEDEX and USPS seems to add a day or two.

“Based on your average daily shipping volume, FedEx SmartPost offers a customized solution: We pick up (or accept drop shipments), provide line haul and deliver your packages to a USPS facility for final delivery by a postal carrier.*”
    https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/fedex-smartpost.html

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

I could accept the handoff adding a day....the shipping method, even before the handoff, is molasses style SLOW.

HA probably saves $1-$2 and so, in volume, they do it. (I don't know actual savings so it is just a guess).
    However, the animosity to smartpost, once one has had it used on them, would seem to negate any cost savings. Anyone I know uses smartpost goes to the bottom of my "do business with" list. Last resort only.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

@derryb said:
    Forever stamps go up end of the month. Stock up.

Hello, I have a lot of forever stamps. beautiful prices, you can contact me for advice. Thank you!

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

there's a postal inspector or two here who will likely want talk with anyone who can sell forever stamps cheaper than the PO

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file