PCGS slabbing Western Reserve Numismatic Club counterstamps

ZoinsZoins Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 19, 2019 9:30AM in U.S. Coin Forum

The WRNC counterstamps are now slabbed by PCGS. Just saw this current generation holder posted by @Tenhul1 in the BST. This is a Bastian Brothers piece which is a PCGS pop 1/0 now:

I have a few of the GMM Ron Landis pieces which I might try to send in.

Post any Western Reserve Numismatic Club pieces you have here!

Here's some more info on these from Verne Walrafen's GMMNut website:

Comments

• keetskeets Posts: 22,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

interesting to say the least. I have owned two 1941's graded MS66 by NGC and one 1971 they graded MS63. I currently own a raw 1941 probably grades AU55, perhaps I should have it encapsulated?? absent any other information I could just use the coin number from the OP slab.

--- George Carlin RIP, he'd have a lot of fresh material if he was alive today!!
  • keetskeets Posts: 22,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

i just searched on that coin number in CoinFacts and it is listed, thanks for the heads-up on this one. i suppose I'll submit this week. B)

--- George Carlin RIP, he'd have a lot of fresh material if he was alive today!!
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    interesting to say the least. I have owned two 1941's graded MS66 by NGC and one 1971 they graded MS63. I currently own a raw 1941 probably grades AU55, perhaps I should have it encapsulated?? absent any other information I could just use the coin number from the OP slab.

I know you’re a fan of these so I’m glad this helps. It would be great to see TrueViews for these!

The CoinFacts link was in the OP but harder to read because it was directly under the Cert Verification link. I’ve added those labels so hopefully it’s easier to find now!

• coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭

Cool! Hey @Zoins please check your messages. :)