Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sometimes it pays to PULL THE TRIGGER.........

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

While at FUN on my off time as always I was in my room looking thru Ebay in quest of Dime varieties. I came across several including this one. On my lap top it looked like something was there as you can see in the reverse pic. So I pulled the trigger so I could see it in hand. Well to my surprise and delight it was the RPM-4 and the MM actually looks like the close-up. This is a neat variety and replaces my ANACS64FB example, which I'm sure would 65 at PCGS now. So here is a pic of my new Dime. Thanks for looking and comments as always are welcomed. :)

Comments

• Options
    drddmdrddm Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, congrats!

Dave

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed it does pay off and it did in this case! Nice coin!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I pulled the trigger so I could see it in hand

if it was not the Variety would you have kept it or returned it??

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's good to hear and what I expected. like you, I don't know if I've ever returned an eBay coin purchase.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very NICE surprise for January .... congrats :)

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score. I have some mistakes as well in my days searching for Lincoln varieties.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pick up!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice, I like

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your off to a good start in 2019 Jon.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool coin! Is there a big premium for this variety?

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options

@ElmerFusterpuck said:
    Cool coin! Is there a big premium for this variety?

A little. If it gets in the CPG it will go up a lot. I have only seen 2 in all my searching.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Atta boy. A stitch in time gets dimes.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019 4:42AM

For sure it pays off as a gross margin.
    Just don't try calculating how much you made per hour, though! :smile:
    But if you enjoy doing it (and I know you do), you can count the time spent at zero cost....

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice catch Jon.... sometimes we just have to take the chance...I have done that a few times (not ebay though) and then when checking it against reference material, found out it was not what I thought...I still have those mistakes somewhere in my 'don't do it again' collection... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice surprise on a beautiful dime!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, nice, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    LJenkins11LJenkins11 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one sharp looking dime and congrats on your hunch. It looks beyond blast white, more like blinding white.

• Options

@LJenkins11 said:
    That is one sharp looking dime and congrats on your hunch. It looks beyond blast white, more like blinding white.

It's a beautiful coin in hand. The obv & rev pic's are the seller's and better than I could do.

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

Dimeman: Nice '43-d dime with real and rounded split bands. Are you aware of ant d over s varities of '43 dimes? I reviewed an archive photo of a '43-d I had purchased a while ago, looking for the variety of your piece. No d over d, but a pretty clear d over s with the lower part of the s clearly showing below the d. I have a copy of Lange's book, but alas being abroad have no Access to my library. Many thanks for any info you have on this!
    :

• Options

I am not familiar with a 1943-D/S, but I am very interested.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just amazed at that luster!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta love unattributed varieties - congrats! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

A stunning frosty dime. Makes me shiver at its beauty # 🥶🥶🥶❄️

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty dime, neat MM. Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options

@DIMEMAN said:

Dimeman: Thank you for your response. I was unable to upload a photo, but I checked the TruViews, and it was there. The photos are pretty good. I haven't seen the coin in hand, yet as I have live abroad most of the time, but from the photo it sure appears to be an 'S' below the 'D' The cert. # is:82207168 form our host. I really like your '50-D Washington on another thread. What a great time to put a high grade set together.

• Options

@batumi said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Dimeman: Thank you for your response. I was unable to upload a photo, but I checked the TruViews, and it was there. The photos are pretty good. I haven't seen the coin in hand, yet as I have live abroad most of the time, but from the photo it sure appears to be an 'S' below the 'D' The cert. # is:82207168 form our host. I really like your '50-D Washington on another thread. What a great time to put a high grade set together.

There is no TrueView for this coin, but I went out to HA were it last sold and looked at the pic. This coin is RPM-7 and matches the info and pictures on CONECA.

• Options
    sniocsusniocsu Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Very nice pickup!

• Options

Thank you, Dimeman. I just checed out the Coneca, and plan on subscribing to it, and even though I am not big into error coins and repunches, I find them interesting. Looks like a wealth of good info on that site.

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes it sure does! Wow what a beat!

Fantastic pickup.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file