Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Big Mac coins get to live for one more day → TODAY!

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 18, 2019 4:29AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Burger King is launching a sandwich big enough to topple its competition – at least that’s what it’s hoping.

The regal fast food chain announced today that it is releasing the Big King XL sandwich that has 175 percent more beef than the McDonald’s Big Mac.

To celebrate the launch, Burger King will be offering a free Big King XL in exchange for MacCoins – coins that were handed out by McDonald’s in honor of the Big Mac’s 50th anniversary last year. The MacCoins were good for one free Big Mac sandwich through December 31, 2018. Now Burger King has announced the MacCoins can be used for one more day.

“Now that the MacCoins have expired, Burger King is giving people one more day to use their MacCoins, but this time for the bigger, flame-grilled option.”

On January 18, guests can exchange their coins for a free XL sandwich. MacCoinless customers can still enjoy the new flame-grilled burger, just for a slightly higher price of $5.99.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/burger-king-coming-for-big-mac-with-new-xl-sandwich

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that "hamberder" must pack a whole lot of cholesterol to clog the arteries. :#

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019 6:53PM

No Burger King in my town :(:(:(

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

And people thought I was dumb for keeping my coins!

• Options
    edited January 17, 2019 7:56PM

@jwitten said:
    By this time next year I bet I can buy a whole pizza with one

With special sauce! :p

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SaorAlba said:
    Wow, that "hamberder" must pack a whole lot of cholesterol to clog the arteries. :#

It sure doesn't sound like a Happy Meal ;)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep the coins. Less calories,salt and sat. fat.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019 10:58PM

Hey,,,, wait a minute,,,,, I paid over $8 for some of my Big Mac Coins.
    I am not trading an $8 coin for a Burger King XL sandwich.
    Trading my $8 Big Mac Coins for a $5.99 Burger King XL sounds like a loser to me.

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a cool marketing concept...A double whack to MacDonald's....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, what will Wendy's do?

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm keeping mine! They're still in the OGP! >:)

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Broadstruck said:
    Sounds to good to be true... Ya know you can't believe everything you see on Faux News ;)

USAT picked the story up late and fake news cnn is still looking for accosta to get his head out of the sand.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't eaten at Burger king or Macd's in decades and I'm not going to start now. I would however drive to Whitehouse subs on Arctic in AC for their cheeseburger hoagie on freshly baked Italian bread. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    I haven't eaten at Burger king or Macd's in decades and I'm not going to start now. I would however drive to Whitehouse subs on Arctic in AC for their cheeseburger hoagie on freshly baked Italian bread. Peace Roy

Nobody outside of NJ has a clue where AC is...…….had to chuckle. But the sandwich sounds good.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes free is the most expensive. I excessively avoid processed and fast foods.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just go and offer them fries with the burger get the coin

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

Okay, Atlantic City!

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    I'm keeping mine! They're still in the OGP! >:)

The burger? ;)

• Options

@Namvet69 said:

I haven't been there yet but I know someone who has. He swears the sub is unbelievable.

• Options

All their subs are excellent. The walls are plastered with b&w photos of famous people who dropped by to make and eat a sub. And the place was opened by a WW2 vet.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:

@jwitten said:
    By this time next year I bet I can buy a whole pizza with one

With special sauce! :p

The first bitcoin purchase was for a pizza.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file