Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone going to the Houston Money show ?

CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 17, 2019 2:39PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I missed FUN last week but I will be at the Houston Money show (Conroe Tx) tomorrow (Friday) and maybe Saturday too. I went last year and it was packed. Parking can be a bit tight but other than that I'm looking forward to it.

Anyone else planning to attend?

More info.... http://houstoncoinshow.org/

Comments

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too far for me, but reports appreciated.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually a good show... Reports from past years indicated great attendance and lots of good coins. Reports appreciated. Cheers, RickO

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

I had a good time at the show yesterday and today! First time there, and a bonus I now have family in the area!

• CCGGGCCGGG Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2019 6:39AM

I got to the show Friday morning about 20mins after the doors opened. The convention center was 100% full with dealer tables, and they even had some dealers setting up in the lobby area. For those of you that have been to the Houston Money show in the past, this new location (2nd year there) is a much smaller venue with far fewer dealers. Maybe 120 to 130 dealers now.

I spent an hour just at the first dealers table so I knew I needed to pickup the pace or I've never get to see it all. As I made my way around, I talked to several dealers that I know pretty well and everyone had the same complaint. Good material was getting harder to get and it's expensive when they can find it. Based on what I saw at the show, I'd agree. I'm primarily a Morgan Dollar collector and overall I found very few better dates/grades.

However there was a ton (well a lot away) of common dates in all grades. (Slabbed and raw) The prices on the common stuff looked pretty good too, so If anyone is starting a new Morgan collection this looks like it might be a good time. I finally was able to pickup 3 Morgans and a roll of 2019 ASE's while I was there.

By mid-day the crowd had grown to moderate/heavy and the walkways were getting pretty busy.

After reading about the FUN show last week in Florida, I guess I was expecting more in Houston. Still it was worth the trip for me getting to see some of my old friends and picking up a few nice upgrades.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file