Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Eye Candy for the modern enthusiast.

CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

It just struck me tonight that I don't necessarily have to hit dcam or even cam to hit, just need a PR70. So, on back through all the proof sets I picked up last year once again. This time just for beautiful pennies, something tells me I will be going through these sets again and again and again...
Here I have cherry picked the best few but, none of them compare to the one 64 in the giveaway but again, what do I know?

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shots like this remind me of when I was a kid and could sit in awe looking at proof Lincoln cents. I love it!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

@TomB said:
    Shots like this remind me of when I was a kid and could sit in awe looking at proof Lincoln cents. I love it!

I know, aren't they amazing. Its like chrome hub caps baby.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019 6:20AM

Playing with your proofs... looks like a lot of fun!

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is nothing like a proof exergue. Where's my white cotton gloves?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    There is nothing like a proof exergue. Where's my white cotton gloves?

I need to get some of those but, for now I'm just very careful. There must be a 70 or two in those sets somewhere and maybe its a quarter or a dime. But, I will start slinging the pennies at PCGS first.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice ones!

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

By that pic I'd say the 57 or 63 are the best of the bunch

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, yeah!!!!!!

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice photos... Widgets that appeal to any older collectors inner YN :)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019 2:17PM

That's a really cool pick but would be more awesome with a different background. I love how the coins look!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

@ms70 . I'll try and post some better pics tonight. That is a cell pic which for some reason comes out darker (the background is a white towel) And when I turn on the flash the colors change. I need to work on my lighting etc.

• Options

@ChrisH821 said:
    By that pic I'd say the 57 or 63 are the best of the bunch

Those do look good :) And the 64 in the middle has purple toning on the left side, would that count off points in a bid to hit 70? Or can a toned coin even hit 70?

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think a toned coin could hit 70.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

terrific photo

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at the populations for LIncoln proofs of that period and temper your expectations.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are really lovely cents... but 70 is a tough target to hit.... Best of luck, and be sure to let us know what happens. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! And it's especially heartening to see that "modern" stuff is as old as I am.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    Look at the populations for LIncoln proofs of that period and temper your expectations.

That's exactly what brought it to light my friend. The fact that there aren't prices listed in the 70's columns on a lot of them. So, I simply overlooked those before, because there was nothing promising about those particulars. But, remember I am an optimist and so opportunity is abound. The fact that there are some 70's columns filled is all I needed to know. Sure, it may be hard to find and I may strike out for a while, but....

• Options

@ricko said:
    Those are really lovely cents... but 70 is a tough target to hit.... Best of luck, and be sure to let us know what happens. Cheers, RickO

You know I will and hopefully before you get to 70,000 :)

• Options

Which could be next week :D

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

The beauty of perfection.

• Options

@Onastone said:
    I think a toned coin could hit 70.

Here are a couple more pics trying to show the true colors. Close ups are overrated as they show all the flaws. @ms70 is obviously not going to come easily...

• Options

@Insider2 ... What are these crop circles doing on the 57? Rather, what are they?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file