Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

In need of help with my small collection

I got the Lincoln center fever 2 yrs ago. A new be!! I had to teach myself . I have what I Think! Is a small collection of about 100 Penny's.
I have visited coin shops by the dozen. Got taken advantage of a few times. I live in Costa Mesa CA. I'm looking for a contact, a honest person that will look at my Penny's I collect doubled dies,,varieties, errors, I'm a cherry picker, I get so frustrated with other people's opinions.
Help !!! Thank you.
I'm sure your laughing, but I'm laughing at myself with you.

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post a good photo of the one you consider the best. Lots of good experience here and helpful folks. Start with one and work from there. Welcome.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2019 3:01PM

@Makecents2me

Welcome to the forums!

Knowledge is important. Invest in a book or several. Here is a good one, “Cherrypickers' Guide to Rare Die Varieties.” Also, search and read the threads in this forum.

Have fun and enjoy the hobby!

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the Boards! Have fun and don't take this too seriously...

...unless you're a dealer and it's your livelihood, then it's serious business!! ;-)

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you should come up to
    Long Beach in two weeks for the
    LB Coin Exp.

Thursday thru Saturday, Jan. 31/Feb. 2nd
    at the LB Convention Center, next to the
    Hyatt Regency Hotel.

Hours: 10:00 am till 7:00

Note that Thursday or Friday would be
    better than Saturday, when many dealers
    have left by noon.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like your having fun....good for you . I am too. It's a great hobby. You will get great advice here.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Makecents2me.... Welcome aboard.... You can post some pictures here with specific questions, and you will get expert help. Since you are new, you may not like some of the help, since it will not agree with what you think you have. Believe me, the experts will be right.
    Two suggestions above... buy the Cherry Pickers Guide and go to the Long Beach show... are great advice...Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file