Home Precious Metals

So what is the general selling value of 90% Silver Mint Coin Sets sold privately?

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Considering I could never sell any of the uncirculated or mint sets other that dirt cheap at a flea market, I'm felling the best thing to do is rip them out of the plastic as sell as 90%. I only have about 10 various sets of these. Nothing special so worth minor effort. I gave some mint and silver mint sets to the family and they just took them apart so I think I'll keep the money on these. A dealer told me once; Its hard to make money on money...

COA

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spot x FV x 0.715

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The silver sets usually sell better than the others... however, you may not recoup your total investment if you bought from the mint. Cheers, RickO

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spot for the $1.85 of 90% assuming you are referring to the 99-present sets with the state quarters. Just release the clad back into the wild. I used to buy to flip when market was hotter but never really liked them personally. Much prefer the pre 1965.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2019 6:38AM

the modernsilver proofs are hideous . I think thats the main issue , the redesign of the kennedy half and the washington quarter are the main problem.

Some random issues have high values in the redbook but its not supported by real word buyers. Its also going away.

example 1995-s silver dime $20 in the 2011 redbook in pf-65 by the 2016 redbook its showing $14 for the same coin.

1995-s silver proof half is listed at $50 in the 2011 redbook , by 2016 edition its $38

98-s silver with matte finish is $300 in 2011 redbook , by 2016 its down to $125

state quarters in silver had some high values early on for various issues but its a steady down slope for those as well.