Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

U.S. Mint focus group

rmorganrmorgan Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 15, 2019 6:17AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I got a call today from someone claiming to be a marketer for the US Mint. She knew my name and called the number I have on my US Mint account. She said there was going to be a 2-hour focus group in my area for the Mint to get feedback so they can improve their ordering/shipping process. Participants would get $150 credit.

She asked a series of generic questions to see if I would qualify for one of the remaining participant openings. (nothing probing for private or specific information.) After I responded with my age category, gender, and race, she said I was flagged as not being needed for this. Too bad, I think it would have been fun. Has anyone else been called and asked about this? ...Or do you know of anyone who has? Would you participate?

My strategy is about collecting what I intend to keep, not investing in what I plan to sell.

Comments

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received a similar email in January 2016 after I ordered a Mark Twain Commemorative Gold $5 Uncirculated coin.

I posted it here:

The U.S. Mint wants your opinion on new products
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/957546/the-u-s-mint-wants-your-opinion-on-new-products

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

I did a US MINT focus group with my son last spring. They wanted feedback on new potential products geared towards kids. Only a handful of groups (parent and child) showed up, maybe four or 5. Lasted about two hours and they held a drawing for a bonus prize, a $50 visa card.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have done the email survey a couple of times. I have not been called for possible participation in a discussion group. I would like to do that. However, given where I reside, it is highly unlikely that they would hold such an event even within reasonable distance. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file