Home U.S. Coin Forum

FUN summary

Disclaimer: my summary is one persons experience and not intended to offend anyone.

I reported day1&2 but nothing for day 3 as it was noneventful.
ShowPositives:
Purchased 4 coins I needed.
Experienced a grading contest.
Learned about Seated Liberty coinage.
Got plenty of exercise walking back and forth to show.
Had a few nice meals at local restaurants. Spent some quality time with my spouse.
Picked up a free PCGS calendar
Two days not having to work.
Didn’t get robbed or room broken into.
Negatives:
Brought a few coins to sell but didn’t get a good vibe from dealers ( was counting on sales to make more purchases so l consigned them to GC).
Came to the realization “Vam dinner only for those in the click”.
Got snubbed by Our host for Friday luncheon.
My coin buddy, bailed at last minute
So no bar hopping this time.
Summary: more positives then negatives. So that means I had a good show even if it doesn’t feel like it.
Back to reality tomorrow.
Thanks for reading

Comments

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can relate to much of this! Thank you for the report!

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019 1:28PM

Cool.

I’m glad you didn’t get robbed ... would have been awkward to have to read down to the ‘negatives’ section to find ‘got robbed’ ... :smile:

I sold some stuff at the show and got a positive vibe....as in dealers being friendly and taking initiative to ask if I had anything to sell, fair prices offered, etc.

Got some newp pics?

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Scootersdad, the FUN, at least, brought good quality time with you and your spouse and cannot be overated. Sometimes hard to do during the weekly/daily grind. Thanks for your reports.

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Concerning the Luncheon, two of us were allowed in though we were on the standby list. We stood off to the side while everyone entered and then were allowed in. What were you told?

• MoneyMonkey1MoneyMonkey1 Posts: 104 ✭✭✭

It was mentioned at the luncheon that 400 responded but they were only able to accommodate 250.

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Scootersdad said:

Came to the realization “Vam dinner only for those in the click”.

Not true. Our big dinner together was Thursday (20 of us). All one needed to do to attend was ask someone where and when. Most didn't find out about it until Thursday, as the reservation doubled over the course of the day (I'm glad I wasn't the one handling the reservation). Sorry you got left out. Next year, send me a message and I'll be sure to get info to you as I learn it. This goes for anyone else who'd like to get to know a bunch of "VAMpires" for dinner.

• CharlotteDudeCharlotteDude Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report SD. Just curious - what coins were you looking to sell that didn't have the right "vibe" on the floor?

Got Crust....y gold?
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that there were that many negatives for you, but glad that overall it was a good experience.

Maybe if I'm not out of the country AGAIN for work next year, I can tag along with you for one of the days.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report. The real negative was 'no bar hopping'... ;) Interesting format, bulletizing the +/-'s.... Sums it up quickly. What coins did you purchase?? Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file