Green River Whiskey Token Die Varieties. 12 Obverses. 7 Reverses

DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 17, 2019 5:38PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hmmmm.
I guess not.

Comments

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I catch my breath I may be able to help. Green River is considered a MT. Magicians Token and has a MT number assigned to it from the original tams journal of magic tokens written thirty years ago circle back I have a huge amount of them with different variations
    Jon

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never knew these were considered to be magicians' tokens. I thought they were just advertising pieces.

Never saw those codes before. And FWIW, the one appears to be 184 rather than 134.

TD

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good eyes. Ill change that. Thank you

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

MT-147 is code sorry at 30,000 feet and don’t have my reference book just know it from memory

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen these at coin shows or shops (when I used to go to shows and shops in the PNW).... And never realized all the variations or codes. I just liked the significance of the token...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, this is amazing @DNADave!

Thanks for putting this together and posting it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file