Home U.S. Coin Forum

need some experienced help

what are the best types of boxes to buy for coin roll hunting? I am thinking halves but wanted to make sure with some more experienced numismatists

Comments

• fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

Seems like halves are very popular if you can find a good source. That is for the silver hunters more or less.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always preferred halves myself... the thrill of finding a WLH in a roll of clad Kennedy's is significant.....but many members search cents and nickel rolls too and have good finds....I have not heard a lot about quarter roll searching... might be an untapped area. Cheers, RickO

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019 10:51AM

My only concern would be getting rid of the searched coins. Do you have a workable plan?

In my area the main "dump banks" I use stopped accepting half dollars in their coin machines

I always thought if you could buy the half dollar bag out of the bank's machine that might yield the best results, before the coin processing company has had a chance to remove the silver.

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    My only concern would be getting rid of the searched coins. Do you have a workable plan?

In my area the main "dump banks" I use stopped accepting hald dollars in their coin machines

I always thought if you could buy the half dollar bag out of the bank's machine that might yield the best results, before the coin processing company has had a chance to remove the silver.

Good luck with that one. ;)

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file